GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 13 Dec 2019, 03:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2019, 14:00
Nationality: Indian
GPA: 6.47/10
Degree: BE Computer Science
Experience:5 year
( 3 year at job and 2 year as entrepreneur)

Official Score: 700 (Q50, V34, AWA5.0)

Work Profile:

Work for a PR company as Asst business manager

Deployed many successful creative marketing idea for various company

Handle all the Social Media Account for Chhattisgarh Chief minister, Health Minister and Home Minister

Work for BJP’s the state and municipal election Chhattisgarh

As Entrepreneur:
Start a food delivery service with a base kitchen which serve 500+ meals daily in the city.

Handle many catering event of where number of guest is more than 10000.

Cater IPL 2016 where public is more than 35000

Extra Curricular: I am a skilled Driver and gives lesson to women to encourage them. More than 60 driver are trained by me

Goals:
Short Term: I want to work in big PR for consultancy Firm.

Long term: Want to start a company.

Weak Point:
Due to some university problem i give my backlog Exam after 2 year and complete my engg in 6 year.

Please tell me which college i should prefer?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2019, 20:08
Hi Pls help out with your comments :

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Age - 31
Grad- 72% - Bachelor of Science
Post-graduation – PGDM - 4.99/8
GMAT-720

Work Exp :

Currently working as a Senior Brand Manager (2 years) for middle east. Managing a couple of categories across 6 GCC countries for a leading consumer goods player. Driving a business of $20Mn annually.
Senior Manager-Sales ( 2 years) - Managed a team of 4 Managers and total team size of 60 people. Driving an annual sales turnover of $ 38 Mn. My experience here was that of a business head for the largest state in India
Area Manager (3 years) - Multiple roles across Key metro towns in India - Managed multiple team size and business of $10 Mn annually.
Management Trainee (1 year) - Rotational programs across multiple functions and locations in India- To take on management roles.

International work experience - 2 years till now handling markets across Middle-east and 5.5 years in India. Sufficient international travel & work experience across the GCC market handling strategy for multiple countries. Traveled enough for leisure across multiple countries.

Awards and Recognition:
Lots of work-related prize and awards - Probably 2-3 Awards/another 7-8 certificates, one of the youngest promoted to this role. Part of an elite young performers group handpicked by the top management.

Extra-Curricular Activities: Decent - Mentioning a few.
• National level Sports Player - represented school/college/institute/state.
• Advanced Certified Open water SCUBA Diver by PADI
• Scholarship by Sports Authority of India for excellence
• Multiple awards by School for excellence in Sports.

Volunteer Exp -
Certified writer for blind students during graduation.
Volunteer for Dubai expo-2020
Managed free sports camps and training sessions.
Few blood donation camps

Post MBA Goals: I wish to continue in CPG/FMCG sector preferably with an MNC in a global role. However, I am open moving to consulting as well. Although priority would be industry roles/Leadership program/rotation programs.
a. Better MBA experience - Diversity, pedagogy focussed for an international role.
b. Change of work location

Some questions which I have - 1) Would that GMAT score be enough?
2) I have already done a PGDM would that affect my chances.
3) How are Indian GPAs evaluated? My grad GPA and PGDM GPA aren't that great. How does that affect my chances
4) Overall evaluation of my profile? Any comments

SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2019, 20:42
Zishanuddin wrote:
GPA: 6.47/10
Degree: BE Computer Science
Experience:5 year
( 3 year at job and 2 year as entrepreneur)

Official Score: 700 (Q50, V34, AWA5.0)

Work Profile:

Work for a PR company as Asst business manager

Deployed many successful creative marketing idea for various company

Handle all the Social Media Account for Chhattisgarh Chief minister, Health Minister and Home Minister

Work for BJP’s the state and municipal election Chhattisgarh

As Entrepreneur:
Start a food delivery service with a base kitchen which serve 500+ meals daily in the city.

Handle many catering event of where number of guest is more than 10000.

Cater IPL 2016 where public is more than 35000

Extra Curricular: I am a skilled Driver and gives lesson to women to encourage them. More than 60 driver are trained by me

Goals:
Short Term: I want to work in big PR for consultancy Firm.

Long term: Want to start a company.

Weak Point:
Due to some university problem i give my backlog Exam after 2 year and complete my engg in 6 year.

Please tell me which college i should prefer?

Hi,

A few things to note here:
1. Your GPA score and the GMAT are low for any top MBA program. You would definitely need to explain the low GPA via an optional essay. You'll also be better placed in the competitive application process by retaking the GMAT exam. Even if you retake GMAT, i will suggest applying to lower-ranked programs (after the top 25) - that's where you will have maximum chances of acceptance.

2. Your story about helping women learn driving is interesting. You could spin this around into how you have helped women gain independence and confidence, opening up avenues for them to do better in life.

3. Your career goals don't need an MBA. You already worked in the PR agency and did noticeable work there, so you can get back to it as you want. (your post doesn't make it clear whether you are working there now or were working there earlier). You need to introspect on what you want from your career. At this point, an MBA doesn't seem to be the need.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Invested In Your Success
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2019, 21:48
Namlijones wrote:

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Age - 31
GMAT-720

Work Exp :

Currently working as a Senior Brand Manager (2 years) for middle east. Managing a couple of categories across 6 GCC countries for a leading consumer goods player. Driving a business of $20Mn annually.
Senior Manager-Sales ( 2 years) - Managed a team of 4 Managers and total team size of 60 people. Driving an annual sales turnover of $ 38 Mn. My experience here was that of a business head for the largest state in India
Area Manager (3 years) - Multiple roles across Key metro towns in India - Managed multiple team size and business of $10 Mn annually.
Management Trainee (1 year) - Rotational programs across multiple functions and locations in India- To take on management roles.

International work experience - 2 years till now handling markets across Middle-east and 5.5 years in India. Sufficient international travel & work experience across the GCC market handling strategy for multiple countries. Traveled enough for leisure across multiple countries.

Awards and Recognition:
Lots of work-related prize and awards - Probably 2-3 Awards/another 7-8 certificates, one of the youngest promoted to this role. Part of an elite young performers group handpicked by the top management.

Volunteer Exp -
Few blood donation camps

Post MBA Goals: I wish to continue in CPG/FMCG sector preferably with an MNC in a global role. However, I am open moving to consulting as well. Although priority would be industry roles/Leadership program/rotation programs.
a. Better MBA experience - Diversity, pedagogy focussed for an international role.

3) How are Indian GPAs evaluated? My grad GPA and PGDM GPA aren't that great. How does that affect my chances

Hi,

I will answer your questions:

1. Overall evaluation of my profile? Any comments : very impressive. International experience in brand management and marketing really helps for the business insights you will bring to the class.
2. I have already done a PGDM would that affect my chances. - Not at Kellogg. You can apply for their one year MBA program- you have a better fit there with your substantial work experience
3. How are Indian GPAs evaluated? My grad GPA and PGDM GPA aren't that great. How does that affect my chances/ 1) Would that GMAT score be enough? - these are interlinked. GPA and GMAt scores are considered together for the academic evaluation of an applicant. In your case, unfortunately both are average. You can provide me with some perspective on the undergrad degree. Was it 3 years/ how difficult was it? How does your percentage compare with that of your classmates? Did you rank among the top 5-10% in class? If your undergrad GPA is not that solid, you should retake the GMAT. Kellogg's average GMAT score is 730, so applying with a lower than average GMAT and so-so GPA will put you at a disadvantage.

Invested In Your Success
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2019, 00:11
MBADecoder wrote:
Namlijones wrote:

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Age - 31
GMAT-720

Work Exp :

Awards and Recognition:

Volunteer Exp -
Few blood donation camps

Hi,

1. Overall evaluation of my profile? Any comments : very impressive. International experience in brand management and marketing really helps for the business insights you will bring to the class.
2. I have already done a PGDM would that affect my chances. - Not at Kellogg. You can apply for their one year MBA program- you have a better fit there with your substantial work experience
3. How are Indian GPAs evaluated? My grad GPA and PGDM GPA aren't that great. How does that affect my chances/ 1) Would that GMAT score be enough? - these are interlinked. GPA and GMAt scores are considered together for the academic evaluation of an applicant. In your case, unfortunately both are average. You can provide me with some perspective on the undergrad degree. Was it 3 years/ how difficult was it? How does your percentage compare with that of your classmates? Did you rank among the top 5-10% in class? If your undergrad GPA is not that solid, you should retake the GMAT. Kellogg's average GMAT score is 730, so applying with a lower than average GMAT and so-so GPA will put you at a disadvantage.

Hi Thanks for your quick response.. Helps
GPA - well, the univ topper would be at 78%.. I had 72%, other than that nothing significant. Mumbai Univ isn't known for giving scores above 75% for grad course. Hence asked how the Indian GPAs are treated.
So should I apply with this score or retake GMAT? or would the overall profile make it up

Thanks again
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2019, 03:43
Namlijones wrote:
MBADecoder wrote:
Namlijones wrote:

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Age - 31
GMAT-720

Work Exp :

Awards and Recognition:

Volunteer Exp -
Few blood donation camps

Hi,

Hi Thanks for your quick response.. Helps
GPA - well, the univ topper would be at 78%.. I had 72%, other than that nothing significant. Mumbai Univ isn't known for giving scores above 75% for grad course. Hence asked how the Indian GPAs are treated.
So should I apply with this score or retake GMAT? or would the overall profile make it up

Thanks again

If you can retake the GMAT in the next one month and also work on the application, then I will suggest this approach. Regarding acads, your ranking / position in class will be important as that will give a fair understanding of where you stood in class.

Reach out if you need help with the application.

Invested In Your Success
Manager
Manager
S
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 22 Nov 2019, 11:28
Hi,

Please, if you can, evaluate my profile as an international applicant for the MBA program at Kellogg

Undergraduate Qualification: Bachelor in technology with specialisation in computer science engineering.
GMAT: not taken yet
Work experience: 6+ years
About me - An engineer turned entrepreneur, started a textiles manufacturing and trading business, while studying, with my father (as his prior experience and willingness to work in the same industry he's ever been). Completed my engineering side-by-side. Then left for job, but kept involved in business somehow of the location benefits as my manufacturing process used to take place in the same city I got a job in. Then moved back for business, leaving my job. Since then, been in business and have turned quite a lot of things around for us, and for the market in a good way.
key achievement -- Turned everything from credit to cash.
Took things online,
and added a customer-centric approach.
All these things and ideas were new for the market and my customers, but now productivity has increased for both.
I think entrepreneurship is a good idea for my MBA, but not sure if it’s a good idea in case I want to experience something different like a job maybe for some time. Also, I am so much involved into everything I do, I don't want myself to not make use of my 2 years at an MBA program, so I am a little cautious of schools where I may not find the right mindset of people whom I can be with.
Why MBA?
I have some ideas related to my field which I think can really help and change the way things are done. I want to incorporate tech into small scale manufacturing, and I don't mean just computers. I am looking for a school where I can get some tech exposure along with my MBA, as I may need to take 1-2 tech courses along with an MBA.

Extracurriculars: I am an active sports guy. I play tennis, have coaching experience of swimming (summers only :P) have formed 2 groups in my city -- running and cycling, started with 2 people now each group has around 500+ participants, 60% of them are moderately active, 80% are somewhat active.
I trek a lot and have taken most treks closer to my place, as I work 7 days so it's hard to take an off as treks need a lot of days, but I manage that somehow by minimizing risk.
I am a cyclist, too. you'll find me cycling in the hills, if not trekking.
i have taken part in brevets. 200 km one.
i am a part of the national cycling group and i represent my city for the group.
Also, i am a participant of a blood donation group, we provide blood to blood banks and the ones in need, in person, too. we don't charge for it, it's a free community service for anyone in need. we are presently handling 3 states and the group has around 5000 members, most of them are active. It's run by the people for the people, but then there are too many things to do.

References: From clients to these groups, I can ask anyone to recommend me, but I think it makes more sense if I ask my clients or business people.

shall I apply?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2019, 14:29
Hey All,
Am applying for Part time MBA - Weekend program 2020 fall.

My undergrad gpa: 3.8 - completed in 2006
My masters gpa: 3.17 - completed in 2010
GRE: 320 (161 Q, 159 V)
Work experience: 11 years in tech industry - softw deve and now product mgmt.

Given my low masters gpa do I still have a shot??
Intern
Intern
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 11:51
Demographics:
Gender- Male
Age- 32
GMAT- 760+
uGPA- 2.5X
Race- African American
Gender- Male
Experience- 9 years

Academic Profile:
-School- State University (think Michigan State, UIUC, etc.)
-Education- Finance and Economics double major
-GPA- 2.5X (I planned to write an addendum about my time in college being slightly derailed as it was often disrupted by a need to take care of my mom's health needs)
-GMAT- 760+ (Consistently, score in the 750+ range on protored exams, aiming for 760)
-Additional Post Bac Coursework-
- uGPA 3.9 - 13 addtional courses in accounting for CPA and math from top 10 university (e.g. Michigan, Northwestern, etc)
- uGPA- 4.0- 8 additional comp sci, accounting courses for CPA and math including differential eqs, linear algebra, real analysis form local community college
-Certificates- CPA

Work Experience:
-Work as a Regional Controller (Fortune 200)
- Worked at University for 4 years
- Promoted 3 times since joining private sector 6 years ago
- Co-lead company wide effort of large finance/accounting project
- Significant experience due diligence/integration of acquistions

Extracurriculars:
- Member of ACLU young leaders board for my state
- Held numerous leadership positions in local and national political campaigns
- Marathoner

Reason for MBA
- I want to become a business owner using the entreprenuership through acquisition strategy. As I master the field, I want to use it as a way to encourage more ownership of businesses by Latinx and Black entreprenuers
- Here are the five things I hope to gain from B-School. I see each one as critical to my success:
1. Strong management skills- I need to learn how to manage a small business
2. Understanding the legal and payment structure of acquistions
3. Enhancing my skills in financial and legal due diligence
4. Negotiation skills
5. Building a network

Career aspirations:
1. Start a search fund and own successful small businesses
2. Invest in search funds/low-mid market small businesses
3. Mentor other underrepresented people who share the aspiration of becoming entreprenuers utilizing ETA

Reccomenders:
- CFO of 5+ Billion segment, alum top 10 B-School
- Professor of Research Accounting Course
- Mid-High level director of national campaigns

Thanks in advance for any feedback
Admissionado
D
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 17:26
Mdharris30 wrote:
Demographics:
Gender- Male
Age- 32
GMAT- 760+
uGPA- 2.5X
Race- African American
Gender- Male
Experience- 9 years

Academic Profile:
-School- State University (think Michigan State, UIUC, etc.)
-Education- Finance and Economics double major
-GPA- 2.5X (I planned to write an addendum about my time in college being slightly derailed as it was often disrupted by a need to take care of my mom's health needs)
-GMAT- 760+ (Consistently, score in the 750+ range on protored exams, aiming for 760)
-Additional Post Bac Coursework-
- uGPA 3.9 - 13 addtional courses in accounting for CPA and math from top 10 university (e.g. Michigan, Northwestern, etc)
- uGPA- 4.0- 8 additional comp sci, accounting courses for CPA and math including differential eqs, linear algebra, real analysis form local community college
-Certificates- CPA

Work Experience:
-Work as a Regional Controller (Fortune 200)
- Worked at University for 4 years
- Promoted 3 times since joining private sector 6 years ago
- Co-lead company wide effort of large finance/accounting project
- Significant experience due diligence/integration of acquistions

Extracurriculars:
- Member of ACLU young leaders board for my state
- Held numerous leadership positions in local and national political campaigns
- Marathoner

Reason for MBA
- I want to become a business owner using the entreprenuership through acquisition strategy. As I master the field, I want to use it as a way to encourage more ownership of businesses by Latinx and Black entreprenuers
- Here are the five things I hope to gain from B-School. I see each one as critical to my success:
1. Strong management skills- I need to learn how to manage a small business
2. Understanding the legal and payment structure of acquistions
3. Enhancing my skills in financial and legal due diligence
4. Negotiation skills
5. Building a network

Career aspirations:
1. Start a search fund and own successful small businesses
2. Invest in search funds/low-mid market small businesses
3. Mentor other underrepresented people who share the aspiration of becoming entreprenuers utilizing ETA

Reccomenders:
- CFO of 5+ Billion segment, alum top 10 B-School
- Professor of Research Accounting Course
- Mid-High level director of national campaigns

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Hi there,

I just gave ya some feedback, but it's nice to see the interest in Kellogg! Kellogg and Booth co-host an ETA conference every year, and the JDMBA program--if a dual degree is of interest--would be a great fit. Also check out the Zell Fellows program which has spots specifically for students who will be pursuing ETA after graduation!

Best,
Admissionado
D

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2019, 17:34
mavericky wrote:
Hey All,
Am applying for Part time MBA - Weekend program 2020 fall.

My undergrad gpa: 3.8 - completed in 2006
My masters gpa: 3.17 - completed in 2010
GRE: 320 (161 Q, 159 V)
Work experience: 11 years in tech industry - softw deve and now product mgmt.

Given my low masters gpa do I still have a shot??

Hi there,

I wouldn't worry too much about a low masters GPA. Generally test scores and a solid track record at work will outweigh a somewhat less than stellar GPA. However, it somewhat depends on what it what is was in, where it was, the context--was this a full-time or part-time program--and how it relates to your decision to pursue an MBA. Whenever folks already have one graduate degree they really need to show the ad com that an MBA, in addition to their current degrees, is really necessary to achieve their career goals. (I'm not sure what yours are but hopefully this is the case!) You also have a solid number of years in the industry, so it might make more sense to pursue the EMBA program--which is also part-time and is designed for mid-career, working professionals.

Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Sustainability, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.52
WE: Sales (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2019, 03:20
Hi all - I'm targeting R2 application this year and would appreciate any feedback on my profile. Thanks in advance!

Demographics: Hispanic Male (27 years old), EU/USA dual citizenship
Undergrad GPA: 3.5/4.0
Undergrad school/major: Environmental Science and French Language at a large research university (think University of Minnesota/University of Wisconsin tier)
GMAT Score: 720
Total experience: 4.5 years
Work experience:
My primary background has been in enterprise software sales:

I started my career as a Business Development Representative (BDR) at a large software company in their Business Intelligence/Analytics division. After succeeding there (top 10% performer) I was given an offer to leave the company to work for a small but promising startup as an enterprise sales representative.
I spent a year at the startup, taking on many additional roles adjacent to my primary sales function, and was responsible for bringing in over $500,000 in Annual Contract Value (over half of our total ACV). The company eventually pivoted after a year, and completely dissolved the sales team to focus on developing a new product.

I left the startup to go work at a large software company again (think SFDC, Microsoft, Amazon). I was quickly promoted to lead account executive for mid-sized Department of Defense (DoD) sales. This role involved selling my company’s suite of products into the DoD working closely with partners (Deloitte, Accenture, Cap Gemeni, IBM, etc…) to develop proposals and implementation roadmaps. This was a completely client-facing role and I presented our solutions to a large number of important DoD leaders, CIOs, and project leads. I achieved 170% of my quota over the course of my time there, and was public sector account executive of the quarter in Q4 of last year. I also lead a team of 3 business development representatives and one dedicated Sales Engineer.

I left the company after 2 years when my significant-other and I moved to the Middle-East because of a foreign service requirement for her job. I’ve been volunteering full-time at a refugee non-profit organization. I manage their donor relations software, create all donation reports, assist in our monthly audits, and have been leading their current winter fundraising campaign. I will be living here until summer 2020.

Extra curricular: The volunteer work described above Is my biggest “extra curricular”. I was also involved in raising money for a military veterans training and education program at my previous company. Outside that, I’m an avid hiker, having climbed all 48 of New Hampshire’s “4000 footer” mountains. I'm also fluent in French, having grown up there for 3 years as a child.

Goal of MBA: My goal is to get a position at a management consulting firm (targeting MBB). I’m specifically interested in joining the sustainability practices at one of these firms. My experience in selling enterprise software into large organizations has helped shape my interest in leading large scale organizational change. I am now at a point where I want to focus on issues more in line with my interests, hence the ideal focus on sustainability and climate change. Ultimately I’d like to build a specialization in those areas.
Intern
Intern
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2019, 22:15
Hi All,

I am applying as an international candidate for full-time MBA. Will appreciate any inputs on the profile

Education: Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering(2014 Graduate)
uGPA - 3
GMAT: 730
Total Work ex: 6 years at the time of applying (5.5years in Consulting with ZS Associates) + (0.5yrs in Sales team of Honda Motors India)
Primary Experience: ZS Associates India (Consulting) - Promoted twice since joining in 2015 (fast paced progression)
- Currently starting two new departments in India office with 15+ team members(one on strategy and the other on Sales)
- For 2.5 years, led a team of 5 for a major $0.5mil client project
- For 1.5years worked on an newly created internal role on the ZS Operating Model & Global strategic initiatives/programs - reporting directly to MD
- Made 3 key in-house learning & training courses on Communication & SAS that directly benefited 350+ employees globally
- Won three annual recognition(2015,2017,2019) awards for my work delivery, quality and firm contribution

Secondary Experience: Honda Motors, India
- Was hand-picked by India Sales head to join his team and worked on sales projects for 5 months.

Extra Circular:
- Storytelling and Stand up comedy as a serious hobby pursuing in major cities of India
- Public Speaking and Anchoring at local professional events
- Certified Public Speaker - Advanced Communicator by Toastmasters International. Won 3 division level contests
- Have also served in administration team of the city's TM groups mentoring and charting 3 clubs in my city
- Pursued Mechanical engineering projects - FSAE International and SAE Baja India during under graduation

Recommenders:
- Associate Dir. of HR (Kellog Alumni)
- One of the top 10 Managing Principals/Partners of the firm(Syracruse PhD. Alumni)
- Office Managing Principal of India(ISB Alumni)
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q800 V660
GPA: 2.5

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2019, 07:02
Tayne wrote:
Hi all - I'm targeting R2 application this year and would appreciate any feedback on my profile. Thanks in advance!

Demographics: Hispanic Male (27 years old), EU/USA dual citizenship
Undergrad GPA: 3.5/4.0
Undergrad school/major: Environmental Science and French Language at a large research university (think University of Minnesota/University of Wisconsin tier)
GMAT Score: 720
Total experience: 4.5 years
Work experience:
My primary background has been in enterprise software sales:

I started my career as a Business Development Representative (BDR) at a large software company in their Business Intelligence/Analytics division. After succeeding there (top 10% performer) I was given an offer to leave the company to work for a small but promising startup as an enterprise sales representative.
I spent a year at the startup, taking on many additional roles adjacent to my primary sales function, and was responsible for bringing in over $500,000 in Annual Contract Value (over half of our total ACV). The company eventually pivoted after a year, and completely dissolved the sales team to focus on developing a new product.

I left the startup to go work at a large software company again (think SFDC, Microsoft, Amazon). I was quickly promoted to lead account executive for mid-sized Department of Defense (DoD) sales. This role involved selling my company’s suite of products into the DoD working closely with partners (Deloitte, Accenture, Cap Gemeni, IBM, etc…) to develop proposals and implementation roadmaps. This was a completely client-facing role and I presented our solutions to a large number of important DoD leaders, CIOs, and project leads. I achieved 170% of my quota over the course of my time there, and was public sector account executive of the quarter in Q4 of last year. I also lead a team of 3 business development representatives and one dedicated Sales Engineer.

I left the company after 2 years when my significant-other and I moved to the Middle-East because of a foreign service requirement for her job. I’ve been volunteering full-time at a refugee non-profit organization. I manage their donor relations software, create all donation reports, assist in our monthly audits, and have been leading their current winter fundraising campaign. I will be living here until summer 2020.

Extra curricular: The volunteer work described above Is my biggest “extra curricular”. I was also involved in raising money for a military veterans training and education program at my previous company. Outside that, I’m an avid hiker, having climbed all 48 of New Hampshire’s “4000 footer” mountains. I'm also fluent in French, having grown up there for 3 years as a child.

Goal of MBA: My goal is to get a position at a management consulting firm (targeting MBB). I’m specifically interested in joining the sustainability practices at one of these firms. My experience in selling enterprise software into large organizations has helped shape my interest in leading large scale organizational change. I am now at a point where I want to focus on issues more in line with my interests, hence the ideal focus on sustainability and climate change. Ultimately I’d like to build a specialization in those areas.

For what its worth I think you have a decent profile for Kellogg, would be advisable to try and bump that GMAT score if you can.

Maybe your profile is even better for INSEAD.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2019, 05:40
I’d greatly appreciate if my profile could be evaluated. Feedback regarding my chances of getting admitted and tips for improving those odds are welcome. I will try to be brief in order not to take a lot of your time. Thanks in advance.

Personal Info: 25 years old Brazilian (from Salvador).

Education: Undergrad - Law School (not ranked);

UNDERGRADUATE GPA: 7,09/10 (Due to imaturity, since i got into university with 16 years old);
POSTGRADUATE GPA: 9,01/10 (Business Law post grad at the best law school of Brazil);
GMAT: 720 (Q50, V38, IR 7, AWA 5.5);
IELTS: 8.0;

Work Exp: 4 years of exp at matriculation:
2 years as an intern in M&A (boutique law firm);
3 years as an Associate Lawer - M&A (boutique law firm);

Extra Cs: Head of the pro bono practise of the law firm i work;
Member of the Brazilian Bar Business Law Commission;
2 months as an English teacher for AIESEC at Colombia;

Languages: Portuguese (fluent), English (fluent/advanced), Spanish ( intermediate) and French (level c1 - advanced)

Goals: To change my career and break into finance industry (PE or IB).

Best regards,
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2019, 07:45
Admissionado
D

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2019, 19:00
abhay292 wrote:
Hi All,

I am applying as an international candidate for full-time MBA. Will appreciate any inputs on the profile

Education: Bachelor's in Mechanical Engineering(2014 Graduate)
uGPA - 3
Total Work ex: 6 years at the time of applying (5.5years in Consulting with ZS Associates) + (0.5yrs in Sales team of Honda Motors India)
Primary Experience: ZS Associates India (Consulting) - Promoted twice since joining in 2015 (fast paced progression)
- Currently starting two new departments in India office with 15+ team members(one on strategy and the other on Sales)
- For 2.5 years, led a team of 5 for a major $0.5mil client project
- For 1.5years worked on an newly created internal role on the ZS Operating Model & Global strategic initiatives/programs - reporting directly to MD
- Made 3 key in-house learning & training courses on Communication & SAS that directly benefited 350+ employees globally
- Won three annual recognition(2015,2017,2019) awards for my work delivery, quality and firm contribution

Secondary Experience: Honda Motors, India
- Was hand-picked by India Sales head to join his team and worked on sales projects for 5 months.

Extra Circular:
- Storytelling and Stand up comedy as a serious hobby pursuing in major cities of India
- Public Speaking and Anchoring at local professional events
- Certified Public Speaker - Advanced Communicator by Toastmasters International. Won 3 division level contests
- Have also served in administration team of the city's TM groups mentoring and charting 3 clubs in my city
- Pursued Mechanical engineering projects - FSAE International and SAE Baja India during under graduation

Recommenders:
- Associate Dir. of HR (Kellog Alumni)
- One of the top 10 Managing Principals/Partners of the firm(Syracruse PhD. Alumni)
- Office Managing Principal of India(ISB Alumni)

Hi there,

Wow--you have a great profile and some really interesting experience. Congrats!

Diving right in, overall it looks like you have a good profile for Kellogg. The ad com will be super familiar with ZS, and your promotions and high-visibility projects should help separate you somewhat from the rest of the folks applying with a similar background to yours (demographic, mechanical engineer, consultant). That being said, your GMAT hovers around the Kellogg average, and they'll have their pick of folks with a similar profile to yours with higher stats. It's a great score, but unfortunately coming from a somewhat over-represented background it will be that much harder to stand out. This is where the "story" part of the application comes in--what makes you unique? What do you bring to the Kellogg community that literally no one else does (and ideally your recommendations can attest to)? What are your short and long-term goals and why do you need this specific program? Have a strong answer for each of these questions and you'll be able to put together a compelling narrative.

I'd also want to caution against asking the Associate Director of HR for a letter solely because they went to Kellogg if they don't know you well or haven't worked with you closely at ZS. While an alum vouching for you is always great, nothing compares to someone who really knows you and can pull out the stories that make you come to life for the ad com. (Maybe this person does know you very well--in which case, great!)

Hope that helps!
Admissionado
D

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2019, 19:23
FCSILVAE wrote:
I’d greatly appreciate if my profile could be evaluated. Feedback regarding my chances of getting admitted and tips for improving those odds are welcome. I will try to be brief in order not to take a lot of your time. Thanks in advance.

Personal Info: 25 years old Brazilian (from Salvador).

Education: Undergrad - Law School (not ranked);

UNDERGRADUATE GPA: 7,09/10 (Due to imaturity, since i got into university with 16 years old);
POSTGRADUATE GPA: 9,01/10 (Business Law post grad at the best law school of Brazil);
GMAT: 720 (Q50, V38, IR 7, AWA 5.5);
IELTS: 8.0;

Work Exp: 4 years of exp at matriculation:
2 years as an intern in M&A (boutique law firm);
3 years as an Associate Lawer - M&A (boutique law firm);

Extra Cs: Head of the pro bono practise of the law firm i work;
Member of the Brazilian Bar Business Law Commission;
2 months as an English teacher for AIESEC at Colombia;

Languages: Portuguese (fluent), English (fluent/advanced), Spanish ( intermediate) and French (level c1 - advanced)

Goals: To change my career and break into finance industry (PE or IB).

Best regards,

Hi there,

You have a super interesting background--congrats on everything you've achieved thus far!

The good news is that having the kind of experience you do will make it easier to stand out from a sea of applicants with much more similar backgrounds. The challenge is that any time an applicant already has a graduate degree there is the extra responsibility to explain why another masters degree is what they're missing to achieve their professional goals. You'll also want to demonstrate that during your work in M&A you were a true strategic partner for your clients with some real business acumen, and not just a provider of professional services. Demonstrating your superior analytical judgment and leadership through compelling anecdotes should help here, as will your letters of recommendation.

As far as your post-MBA goals, the road to IB/PE can be a tricky one to follow--there are always more students who want to pursue this path than there are spots for them at the top firms. Do you have strong connections from your previous deals that will help here? Do you have unique knowledge--or a very specific, in-demand industry of focus--from working on these deals that would be valuable to a firm? Convince the ad com that you're going to be one of the students who leave school with an offer in hand, and think about a back-up plan that would be good to have in your back pocket.

As far as your stats, 720 is a bit below the Kellogg average, but still in the ballpark. If you can craft a compelling story about why an MBA and why now, and what you can bring to the classroom, that will really help.

Hope that helps!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Kellogg '22 (WL)

Show Tags

New post 09 Dec 2019, 15:10
Undergrad: Finance at top 20 private school
GPA: 3.41
Work: 3 years work experience at MBB with healthcare focus - really solid experiences I can talk to and have a pretty solid story about HC and how it ties to my future goals
Short term goal: Back to MBB doubling down on HC strategy
Long term goal: Executive at a value-based care focused startup
Recs: should be really good, and essays are strong I think
Interview: I'm pretty good at these too

GPA feels like a killer to me, but I know I'm probably overreacting. GMAT doesn't feel high enough to make up for it
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IMD '21 (II)

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2019, 03:43
Hey there! I would really appreciate an evaluation of my profile for admission for Kellog 1 Year MBA

Stats:
Undergraduate top 10% - B.Sc. Information Systems - unknown school in Germany GPA 3.6/4
Graduate top 10% - M.Sc. Information Systems - unknown school in Germany GPA 3.7/4
Work at Tier 2 Strategy Consulting firm as Senior Associate ~ 4 years work experience
GMAT 710 with V38 / Q48, IR 8/8, AWA 5
TOEFL 119
28 years old, German, male
Exchange Semester in Korea (4month) - rather global project but have not spent much time there
No real extracurricular (aside from piano, guitar, bass)

Goal:
Looking for industry exit to Tech / FinTech player
Apply in Jan

Thanks a lot!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!   [#permalink] 10 Dec 2019, 03:43

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22    Next  [ 422 posts ] 

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: tanmay1392, jaja231