GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 26 May 2020, 02:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Stratus Admissions Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 31 May 2016
Posts: 1433
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Evaluation request  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Mar 2020, 06:48
xitizsharma wrote:
Request experts to evaluate my profile.
hi @xitizsharma, with the Kellogg news coming out today on R2 I was on the Kellogg page and saw your request. Given that this is a crazy year-- I would say there are options for r3 that would not have previously existed-- and with Kellogg starting in late September it might give people more time for Visa issues if needed. Let me comment on our profile below.
Nationality - Indian
Gender - Male

Education -
1. Bachelors in Technology (Production & Industrial Engineering) from Non-IIT/NIT college. CGPA: 8.6/10
2. MBA from one of the top 3 IIMs (Indian Institute of Management) Having that second MBA already makes things a bit trickier-- but you could potentially be a good candidate for 1 yr program at Kellogg. I have worked successfully with many people to help them get in and your profile could be a good fit here. It is ideal for people who don't need more work experience-- however, that program starts in June so you may not have time for this year. You might want to look at next year just hoping also that the social distancing part is not a big deal the whole of next year. Can you get sponsored by your company and have polans to move locations post MBA? I have had clients with GMATs less than yours get in. I"d be glad to do a free consult with you and share more about what you can do now to be ready for R1 2020. Use this link to set up and look for Donna when scheduling counselor.https://stratusadmissionscounseling.com/consult/

Looking to do second MBA to switch geography within same function (IB/ PE)

Work Experience - 2.5 yrs automotive company; 30 months IB; 12 months mid-market Private Equity fund (currently with the same firm)

Other info: Cleared CFA Level I and II; Secured CFA Access Scholarship; Represented college in national level automotive events; Decent level of extra curriculars and volunteering experience

GMAT: 720

Thanks!

_________________
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Apr 2020
Posts: 5
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2020, 11:43
Hello everyone,

I hope you all are doing well. I a college senior who will be starting his professional career in investment banking, and I recently came across the Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA program. Growing up in Chicago suburbs, I used to visit Evanston quite often, and I developed a strong desire to go to Northwestern, but alas, I struck out on undergraduate recruiting. It seems like a second chance has arrived, as I just heard of the Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA Program, and I have been powering through GMAT prep books in hopes of receiving a respectable score by late-May. If any of you guys could assess my profile, I'd sincerely appreciate it.

Listed below are my stats and experiences:
Age and Background: 22 year old American male of Indian descent
University: UIUC
Major: Finance
Minor: Technology & Management
Honors:
>Chancellor's Scholar--One of 120 students selected from every freshman class to enroll in this specialized program that allows students to enroll in special courses that give a more liberal arts angle to students enrolled in a research university, first dibs on all classes, $500 scholarship/semester
>Finance Honors--Enrolled in an Investment Banking Honors Program which trains students for IB interviews, and connects them to employers via guest lectures and corporate visits
>Dean's List 1 semester

GPA: 3.75
GMAT: Haven't taken it yet--I got my work cut out for me

Work experiences (summer internships):
>Underwriting at a professional liability firm, where I was able to generate $5,000 of premium
>Robotic Process Automation at a F500 Financial Services firm, where I helped reduce process cycle time for a treasury process
>Investment Banking at a top Boutique IB:
>Created valuation models for a $1.0B deal which closed recently--this was used to verify information that another international team had done
>Created an accretion-dilution model, bridge analysis to showcase continued progress of the target towards its revenue goals, and presentation materials for
a $4.0B pitch
>Created management presentation materials and a customer analysis model for a $200M ongoing deal

On-campus activities:
>Concertmaster of our Philharmonia orchestra--conducted the orchestra during the absence of the conductor, created musical fingerings and bowing patterns customized to each violin and viola player, and gave one on one prep sessions to students who needed help with mastering the music
>Student Consultant--Did 2 years of consulting work for Illinois small businesses and nonprofits
>Volunteer at a 3D printing lab--3D printed stuff for people--fidget spinners for kids, and optimized engineering projects which needed to fit certain criteria

A high school activity which I am really fond of: Started a music therapy program at a hospital in senior year of HS, and recruited students well into freshman year

Goal: 2years IB>2 years PE (hopefully $1B+ in deployed capital)>MBA>UMM/MF PE

I know that Harvard 2+2 really doesn't want business students, but do you think that's going to be the case for Kellogg Future Leaders too? Please chance me
Stratus Admissions Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 31 May 2016
Posts: 1433
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Apr 2020, 13:03
pnandi3 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Hi @pnandi3, Thanks for reaching out. I'd be glad to review your profile.
I hope you all are doing well. I a college senior who will be starting his professional career in investment banking, and I recently came across the Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA program. Growing up in Chicago suburbs, I used to visit Evanston quite often, and I developed a strong desire to go to Northwestern, but alas, I struck out on undergraduate recruiting. It seems like a second chance has arrived, as I just heard of the Kellogg Future Leaders Deferred MBA Program, and I have been powering through GMAT prep books in hopes of receiving a respectable score by late-May. If any of you guys could assess my profile, I'd sincerely appreciate it. Good for you in finding this program-- and I think it could be awesome for you to give it a shot!

Listed below are my stats and experiences:
Age and Background: 22 year old American male of Indian descent
University: UIUC
Major: Finance
Minor: Technology & Management
Honors:
>Chancellor's Scholar--One of 120 students selected from every freshman class to enroll in this specialized program that allows students to enroll in special courses that give a more liberal arts angle to students enrolled in a research university, first dibs on all classes, $500 scholarship/semester
>Finance Honors--Enrolled in an Investment Banking Honors Program which trains students for IB interviews, and connects them to employers via guest lectures and corporate visits These are some excellent building blocks to help you be prepared for IB and also impressive to be one of the 120 Chancellor's scholars
>Dean's List 1 semester

GPA: 3.75
GMAT: Haven't taken it yet--I got my work cut out for me (If you would like some tutoring advice-- reach out to ask along with other questions in a free consult. )

Work experiences (summer internships):
>Underwriting at a professional liability firm, where I was able to generate $5,000 of premium
>Robotic Process Automation at a F500 Financial Services firm, where I helped reduce process cycle time for a treasury process
>Investment Banking at a top Boutique IB:
>Created valuation models for a $1.0B deal which closed recently--this was used to verify information that another international team had done
>Created an accretion-dilution model, bridge analysis to showcase continued progress of the target towards its revenue goals, and presentation materials for
a $4.0B pitch
>Created management presentation materials and a customer analysis model for a $200M ongoing deal This is all supportive of your case

On-campus activities:
>Concertmaster of our Philharmonia orchestra--conducted the orchestra during the absence of the conductor, created musical fingerings and bowing patterns customized to each violin and viola player, and gave one on one prep sessions to students who needed help with mastering the music A bonus that Northwestern also has such a strong arts and music community
>Student Consultant--Did 2 years of consulting work for Illinois small businesses and nonprofits
>Volunteer at a 3D printing lab--3D printed stuff for people--fidget spinners for kids, and optimized engineering projects which needed to fit certain criteria

A high school activity which I am really fond of: Started a music therapy program at a hospital in senior year of HS, and recruited students well into freshman year

Goal: 2years IB>2 years PE (hopefully $1B+ in deployed capital)>MBA>UMM/MF PE

I know that Harvard 2+2 really doesn't want business students, but do you think that's going to be the case for Kellogg Future Leaders too? Please chance me
I think you could have a great shot-- especially if you can perform well on the GMAT-- which you can take at home during covid. I also want to point you to a few resources to help you think about the essays. I've helped many people successfully apply to Kellogg and I think you have a shot if you can clear the GMAT (or GRE) and do a solid job on the application and essays. Ignore the R3 deadline as there is new Covid info-- but for the purposes of thinking through the essays--this article can help you! As I noted, please reach out for a free consult with Donna Bauman if you want to talk further! Good luck from one Kellogg alum to another (hopefully!)
_________________
Vantage Point Admissions Consultant
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Feb 2018
Posts: 66
Location: United States
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Apr 2020, 06:39
Hi pnandi3, to answer your question about whether there is a bias against business students, Kellogg has not indicated as such (as opposed to HBS). I think you have a solid shot, if you can get a good GMAT score (720+). Be sure to focus on the leadership elements of your extracurriculars / internships as well as teamwork experience, which is especially important for Kellogg. Also be sure to share your personality and the 'why' behind the decisions you've made (why UIUC, why banking, etc). I also went to UIUC for undergrad and then Kellogg for my MBA after doing banking pre-MBA. Good luck and let me know if you'd like to chat more about your proflie!

Katie
_________________
Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting
https://vantagepointmba.com/
Your Personal MBA Application Experts
Contact us for a Free Consultation!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Jan 2018
Posts: 3
Location: India
Schools: Kellogg '22
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2020, 08:01
Hey Guys. Please evaluate my profile.

Indian Male
4 years experience
Btech ECE from NIT Karnataka, SUrathakal 7.28/10

Work ex

Current - Product manager
2 years Product Management - Recommender Systems for B2C Products
2 years Software Engineer - Front end engineer

I also have 2 months of international experience - went to launch my products

Post-MBA Goals - Working in Software B2C companies in a senior product role right after MBA.
5 years from now, a Product leader leading a Global Product.
Long term goal - Creating a healthcare product company with complete ecosystem of prevent and curative healthcare solutions.

Why Kellogg - Great opportunity for Networking with and build a meaningful relationship with future leaders.
MBA Admissions Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 07 Mar 2012
Posts: 1079
Reviews Badge
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Apr 2020, 08:18
bhanupsc wrote:
Hey Guys. Please evaluate my profile. Indian Male, 4 years experience, Btech ECE from NIT Karnataka, SUrathakal 7.28/10, .


My name is Shimri Winters and I head the strategy here at ARINGO

I think you have a good "solid" profile for Kellogg and other top US MBA programs
Not sure what your GMAT is?
I think you should also target 3-4 other programs, probably the more technical ones like Haas, or UCLA
Feel free to send me your CV, GMAT score, school wishlist etc. to Shimriw@ARINGO.com for a deeper profile assessment
GOOD LUCK!
_________________
https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720 or low GPAs

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Feb 2018
Posts: 10
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 00:23
Hi all,

I'll be applying for the Weekend Part-Time MBA program with just 2 years of experience but now that Kellogg has the Emerging Leaders program, I hope my experience level won't be too much of a hindrance.

24/Male/AA
I am originally from another country and have also lived in a second country prior to moving to the US 10 years ago.


School: The Buckeye State University
GPA: 3.59
GMAT: 690
Major: Marketing, Finance and Logistics Management*
Minor: Communication

*while I technically one degree but I managed to have three specializations when students typically on do one as their degree

Job Experience:
I'm a Business (Sales) Analyst for a Fortune 50 CPG Company (World's Largest Advertiser) on their Bezos account. My salary has increased 32% after working 1.5 years and I have an upcoming promotion in July. In terms of leadership, I also manage the relationship with two of our third party partners.

I had two summer internships before this. My last internship was with the chips company.

EC: None which is also a hindrance, but I am heavily involved with the culture team at work, and also campus recruitment.

Goals: Short: Project/Brand Manager. Long: General Manager making national decisions.

I want to go to Kellogg to broaden my horizons and learn from those in other functions and sectors.


Thanks in advance for the feedback!
MBA Admissions Consultant
User avatar
V
Status: MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Joined: 24 Mar 2015
Posts: 2829
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 00:37
1
Have you made any quantifiable impact upon the organization or the specific account?

How would you demonstrate leadership/teamwork/problem solving in the application?

And lastly what type of unique contribution do you feel you could make to the class?

For example, do you think your international experience would be valuable in terms of adding to the prospective of others?

Your Why Kellogg is not great but with more research, could improve.

Bluerang1 wrote:
Hi all,

I'll be applying for the Weekend Part-Time MBA program with just 2 years of experience but now that Kellogg has the Emerging Leaders program, I hope my experience level won't be too much of a hindrance.

24/Male/AA
I am originally from another country and have also lived in a second country prior to moving to the US 10 years ago.


School: The Buckeye State University
GPA: 3.59
GMAT: 690
Major: Marketing, Finance and Logistics Management*
Minor: Communication

*while I technically one degree but I managed to have three specializations when students typically on do one as their degree

Job Experience:
I'm a Business (Sales) Analyst for a Fortune 50 CPG Company (World's Largest Advertiser) on their Bezos account. My salary has increased 32% after working 1.5 years and I have an upcoming promotion in July. In terms of leadership, I also manage the relationship with two of our third party partners.

I had two summer internships before this. My last internship was with the chips company.

EC: None which is also a hindrance, but I am heavily involved with the culture team at work, and also campus recruitment.

Goals: Short: Project/Brand Manager. Long: General Manager making national decisions.

I want to go to Kellogg to broaden my horizons and learn from those in other functions and sectors.


Thanks in advance for the feedback!


Posted from my mobile device
_________________
Farrell Dyan, MBA Admissions Consultant
Verified reviews posted on http://MBAPrepCoach.com
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Mar 2017
Posts: 6
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 02:40
Hi,
Can you please help me evaluate my profile? Also, It'd would be great if you can help me what other schools I can target?


I'm 26, Indian.
Graduate : B.Tech (Mechanical) 2016
Work ex: 4 years, by the time I apply
Industry and Role: FMCG, Brand Management (2.5 years) and FMCD, Product Management (1.5 years)
GMAT: 720
GPA: 3.24

Other Experience:
Co-founded an NGO during college, Media Head
Sponsorship Manager at college's National Techfest.
Interests: Photography, Part of college club, Taught Street photography to 50+ people as a freelancer, Won a few contests.


Thanks for your help! :)
MBA Admissions Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 07 Mar 2012
Posts: 1079
Reviews Badge
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 03:16
sahilaro23 wrote:
Hi,
Can you please help me evaluate my profile? Also, It'd would be great if you can help me what other schools I can target? I'm 26, Indian.


sahilaro23 hi,
My name is Shimri Winters and I head the strategy team here at ARINGO
Sounds like you have an interesting profile.

I am not sure if you have had any promotions, international experience, managerial experience and other factors the schools will be looking for.

In terms of schools, I would probably suggest applying to schools that have various courses in marketing and operations. luckily, all schools do...
Just as a general guide, I would suggest starting to think about applying to schools such as Kellogg, Haas, UCLA, Duke, Ross, Darden, Tuck, Mccombs, Cornell... but the list goes on

Please send me your CV for a deeper analysis. I am always on shimriw@ARINGO.com
Good luck
_________________
https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720 or low GPAs

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 26 Jan 2020
Posts: 2
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 06:01
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance for the evaluation.

Indian male 34 y.

GMAT - 760 (Q49, V46, IR 8, AWA 5)

Education -
Undergrad - B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from a Top NIT in India - 2008 (7.6 CGPA)
Postgrad - MBA from a Top 5 school in India (non IIM) - 2013 (68%)

Work-Ex -
Last 5 years with an F 500 global FMCG major (household name). I lead a strategic business unit, one of the fastest growing and largest - managing sales with key accounts (most are global retailers). Overall business size of > $ 40M p.a. In the last 2 years have led and developed a complete new channel from scratch - on track to deliver > $ 3M in sales this year.

2 years with an Indian FMCG major - managing traditional sales in rural.

3 years with an India Automotive major (F 500) - worked in supply chain for new projects. Also spent a year as Executive Assistant to the manufacturing head.

ECs -
Participated in multiple obstacle races/crossfit contests
President of Student Council at B-School - elected by a batch of 400+ students
Student Member - Corporate Relations & Careers team at B-school - 1st year

Work Honours -
2 promotions in last 18 months
Won awards with 2 major clients

Career after MBA - Want to move into strategy consulting in the short term (looking at a full time MBA for the switch). In the long term - 5-10 years would want to work in the Retail/CPG industry on market development, entry into new markets & product lines.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Admissions Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 07 Mar 2012
Posts: 1079
Reviews Badge
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 06:43
Hi mellamoabhi
My name is Shimri Winters and I head the strategy at ARINGO.
it sounds like you have a great profile and a fantastic GMAT score.
The key issues I see in your profile are a previous MBA (not always a good thing) your age and 10+ years of experience (a bit on the high end)

I am also worried about the career goals you mentioned (or to put it bluntly, you are not what Mckinsey are looking for!) I would suggest remaining in FMCG/retail .
Sounds like you might need some consultation :). Feel free to send me your CV to Shimriw@ARINGO.com and we can take it from there

Good luck!

mellamoabhi wrote:
Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance for the evaluation.

Indian male 34 y.

GMAT - 760 (Q49, V46, IR 8, AWA 5)

Education -
Undergrad - B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from a Top NIT in India - 2008 (7.6 CGPA)
Postgrad - MBA from a Top 5 school in India (non IIM) - 2013 (68%)

Work-Ex -
Last 5 years with an F 500 global FMCG major (household name). I lead a strategic business unit, one of the fastest growing and largest - managing sales with key accounts (most are global retailers). Overall business size of > $ 40M p.a. In the last 2 years have led and developed a complete new channel from scratch - on track to deliver > $ 3M in sales this year.

2 years with an Indian FMCG major - managing traditional sales in rural.

3 years with an India Automotive major (F 500) - worked in supply chain for new projects. Also spent a year as Executive Assistant to the manufacturing head.

ECs -
Participated in multiple obstacle races/crossfit contests
President of Student Council at B-School - elected by a batch of 400+ students
Student Member - Corporate Relations & Careers team at B-school - 1st year

Work Honours -
2 promotions in last 18 months
Won awards with 2 major clients

Career after MBA - Want to move into strategy consulting in the short term (looking at a full time MBA for the switch). In the long term - 5-10 years would want to work in the Retail/CPG industry on market development, entry into new markets & product lines.

Posted from my mobile device

_________________
https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720 or low GPAs

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Apr 2020
Posts: 3
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 07:59
hii,
Im planning to apply for Kellog 2yr MBA program in R3. plz help me in analysing my profile.
My name is Pradeep from India.
academics: Matriculation- 9.6 CGPA(out of10) approx->91.2%
12th Percent- 87.16%
Undergraduate- 7.51 CGPA(out of10)
GMAT: im planning to Take in June( probably Online GMAT exam)

Work experience: 24 months.
Actually soon after engineering since i was so much interested in business, i continued with the Network Marketing which i started during my final year in college.
I worked in this Network Marketing Company for 2years where i was promoting the company products which developed good Marketing Skills in me. Meanwhile, I was handling a team of more than 4000 and helped the team in promoting Company products.
after 2yrs in this company, i moved to education Sector thinking,letme understand the mindset of youngsters and let me have the exposure to different kinds of students which will help in building my Analysing Skills.
so, currently im working a Teacher for approx. 2years in education sector.

Since network marketing is considered self employed business, i dont have any proof for that to consider as Work Experience. So kindly let me know is it considered or not?

Extracurricular Activities: I have organised many Free Computer Awareness Camps for Poor. Moreover, i have been a part of Blood Donation camps & conducted Seminars on Leadership Empowerment, Entrepreneurship and related concerns.

so, this is my profile. kindly, help me in analysing my profile.
Thanks & Regards.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 01 Aug 2019
Posts: 4
Location: Netherlands
Concentration: Strategy
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 08:58
Hi All,

Please evaluate my profile as an international applicant for the 1-year MBA program at Kellogg

Nationality: Korean
Age: 31
Undergraduate Qualification: Bachelor in business administration (GPA 3.6/4.5)
GMAT: no gmat yet

Work experience: 8 years, Digital marketing in fashion ecommerce and travel tech. Now managing a digital marketing team with multi million budget with 200% YoY rev growth.

Goal:
- Career shift to consulting or corporate strategy (consulting firms, Google, LVMH)

International experience:
- 6 years of working experience in Europe (Germany and NL)
- University semester exchange in Finland
- 1 year in high school in US

Extracurriculars:
- Founding member of a student club, promoting international student exchange and arranging student internships to the Philippines and Ukraine
- Member of Hiking clubs
- Volunteer translator of international women’s festival for LGBT and women right

Do you think I stand a realistic chance and it's worth applying?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Feb 2018
Posts: 10
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 09:17
1
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Have you made any quantifiable impact upon the organization or the specific account?
Launched hundreds of new items contributing over $3M in Sales and my daily product management mitigates lost sales and leads to incremental revenue

How would you demonstrate leadership/teamwork/problem solving in the application?
Lead relationships with some of our partners, lead recruitment efforts outside of my job function, lead different meetings and trainings
Work with multi-functionals across the company whom I'm no co-located with on different initiative to be executed online
Always asking questions and finding more efficient ways to do things, I have tangible examples I'll be able to give


And lastly what type of unique contribution do you feel you could make to the class?

For example, do you think your international experience would be valuable in terms of adding to the prospective of others?

Unique perspective of experiencing different backgrounds, seeing how consumer habits vary geographically, insight from working on eComm for the past two years

Your Why Kellogg is not great but with more research, could improve.

Oh yes this will definitely be fleshed out more.

Posted from my mobile device



Hi thanks for the feedback. I added my responses in red.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Mar 2020
Posts: 1
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Apr 2020, 11:01
Hi All,

Please evaluate my profile For Kellogg’s Evening & Weekend MBA.

Indian Female, 32, on H1B visa
Work Experience: 7+ years (in detail below)

Aug 2018 to present : Working as an AI Technical Evangelist ( role includes leading Data Science & Robotics student competitions worldwide, Marketing and advocating products and making strategies in education domain)

2016 - 2018 : MS in Computer science from Loyola University Chicago with 3.7 GPA
During my masters i did following:
Full scholarship and worked as Graduate teaching assistant for 2 years
Internship for 6 months as a Software engineer
Launched the Girls Who Code chapter at Loyola and was President of it.
Winner of Startup hackathon and WiStem cohort at 1871 Incubator for co-founding AI & IoT Medical company. Worked as CTO for 1.5 yrs. ( The company ended after 1.5 yrs due to team collapse and other financial reasons)
Worked as Graduate fellow for Textual studies department
Worked as Research assistant in Machine Learning Lab

2014 - 2016 : Worked as Team Lead for Software testing team in India
2011 - 2014 - Worked as Software engineer in India

2007 - 2011 : BTech in Computer Science from India, 3.6 GPA


GMAT : not yet
GRE : gave in 2016 for MS ( scored 305 (161 quant and 144 V)

Question:
- Should i include my GRE score ? Will the low GRE score a negative now as they have waived the requirement.
- Do you think it is worth applying now for R3, with my profile ?

Thanks
Vantage Point Admissions Consultant
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Feb 2018
Posts: 66
Location: United States
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2020, 07:40
Hi there, you have some solid work and leadership experience that will appeal to the adcom so I would say you should throw in a R3 application! I would not include your GRE score given the waiver, as it will not be a positive to your profile. Good luck!


Ngoel wrote:
Hi All,

Please evaluate my profile For Kellogg’s Evening & Weekend MBA.

Indian Female, 32, on H1B visa
Work Experience: 7+ years (in detail below)

Aug 2018 to present : Working as an AI Technical Evangelist ( role includes leading Data Science & Robotics student competitions worldwide, Marketing and advocating products and making strategies in education domain)

2016 - 2018 : MS in Computer science from Loyola University Chicago with 3.7 GPA
During my masters i did following:
Full scholarship and worked as Graduate teaching assistant for 2 years
Internship for 6 months as a Software engineer
Launched the Girls Who Code chapter at Loyola and was President of it.
Winner of Startup hackathon and WiStem cohort at 1871 Incubator for co-founding AI & IoT Medical company. Worked as CTO for 1.5 yrs. ( The company ended after 1.5 yrs due to team collapse and other financial reasons)
Worked as Graduate fellow for Textual studies department
Worked as Research assistant in Machine Learning Lab

2014 - 2016 : Worked as Team Lead for Software testing team in India
2011 - 2014 - Worked as Software engineer in India

2007 - 2011 : BTech in Computer Science from India, 3.6 GPA


GMAT : not yet
GRE : gave in 2016 for MS ( scored 305 (161 quant and 144 V)

Question:
- Should i include my GRE score ? Will the low GRE score a negative now as they have waived the requirement.
- Do you think it is worth applying now for R3, with my profile ?

Thanks

_________________
Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting
https://vantagepointmba.com/
Your Personal MBA Application Experts
Contact us for a Free Consultation!
Vantage Point Admissions Consultant
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Feb 2018
Posts: 66
Location: United States
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2020, 07:44
Hi there,

You have some interesting experience that will appeal to Kellogg. The one question I would make sure to cover is why the 1Y program makes sense, as opposed to the traditional 2Y option. Typically, the internship between first and second year is critical for those making a career switch, so you'll need to demonstrate you can accomplish your goals without it. Good luck!

enensa wrote:
Hi All,

Please evaluate my profile as an international applicant for the 1-year MBA program at Kellogg

Nationality: Korean
Age: 31
Undergraduate Qualification: Bachelor in business administration (GPA 3.6/4.5)
GMAT: no gmat yet

Work experience: 8 years, Digital marketing in fashion ecommerce and travel tech. Now managing a digital marketing team with multi million budget with 200% YoY rev growth.

Goal:
- Career shift to consulting or corporate strategy (consulting firms, Google, LVMH)

International experience:
- 6 years of working experience in Europe (Germany and NL)
- University semester exchange in Finland
- 1 year in high school in US

Extracurriculars:
- Founding member of a student club, promoting international student exchange and arranging student internships to the Philippines and Ukraine
- Member of Hiking clubs
- Volunteer translator of international women’s festival for LGBT and women right

Do you think I stand a realistic chance and it's worth applying?

Posted from my mobile device

_________________
Vantage Point MBA Admissions Consulting
https://vantagepointmba.com/
Your Personal MBA Application Experts
Contact us for a Free Consultation!
Stratus Admissions Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 31 May 2016
Posts: 1433
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2020, 09:47
Ngoel wrote:
Hi All,
hi @ngoel, happy to evaluate your profile for the Evening and Weekend MBA
Please evaluate my profile For Kellogg’s Evening & Weekend MBA.

Indian Female, 32, on H1B visa
Work Experience: 7+ years (in detail below)

Aug 2018 to present : Working as an AI Technical Evangelist ( role includes leading Data Science & Robotics student competitions worldwide, Marketing and advocating products and making strategies in education domain)

2016 - 2018 : MS in Computer science from Loyola University Chicago with 3.7 GPA
During my masters i did following:
Full scholarship and worked as Graduate teaching assistant for 2 years
Internship for 6 months as a Software engineer
Launched the Girls Who Code chapter at Loyola and was President of it.
Winner of Startup hackathon and WiStem cohort at 1871 Incubator for co-founding AI & IoT Medical company. Worked as CTO for 1.5 yrs. ( The company ended after 1.5 yrs due to team collapse and other financial reasons)Love your launching the Girls Who Code Chapter at Loyola and also your Startup Hackathon win!
Worked as Graduate fellow for Textual studies department
Worked as Research assistant in Machine Learning Lab

2014 - 2016 : Worked as Team Lead for Software testing team in India
2011 - 2014 - Worked as Software engineer in India

2007 - 2011 : BTech in Computer Science from India, 3.6 GPA


GMAT : not yet
GRE : gave in 2016 for MS ( scored 305 (161 quant and 144 V)
I would take advantage of the R3 option to apply now-- and I would leave out the GRE score as that verbal score is not going to be helpful to your case. This is a great time to apply-- and if you'd like someone to review your application we at Stratus can help. To help you overall with approaching the essays, this link can help. If you want to learn more about how we can help, reach out for a free consult here.
Question:
- Should i include my GRE score ? Will the low GRE score a negative now as they have waived the requirement. Don't include it!
- Do you think it is worth applying now for R3, with my profile ? Absolutely!

Thanks

_________________
Stratus Admissions Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 31 May 2016
Posts: 1433
Location: United States
Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2020, 09:59
enensa wrote:
Hi All,
Hi @Enesa, as a graduate of the 1YR Kellogg MBA myself, I can tell you that it will be important that you are able to make a seamless career transition. The program goes so fast-- and it may be even faster if there is a virtual start-- so it makes it difficult to make a career change. I suggest you look for ways to enhance your current career with the Kellogg 1YR MBA. See my comments below.
Please evaluate my profile as an international applicant for the 1-year MBA program at Kellogg

Nationality: Korean
Age: 31
Undergraduate Qualification: Bachelor in business administration (GPA 3.6/4.5)
GMAT: no gmat yet

Work experience: 8 years, Digital marketing in fashion ecommerce and travel tech. Now managing a digital marketing team with multi million budget with 200% YoY rev growth. impressive!

Goal:
- Career shift to consulting or corporate strategy (consulting firms, Google, LVMH) Can you leverage your digital marketing background and fashion or travel tech to look for corp strategy roles in those industries?

International experience:
- 6 years of working experience in Europe (Germany and NL)
- University semester exchange in Finland
- 1 year in high school in US

Extracurriculars:
- Founding member of a student club, promoting international student exchange and arranging student internships to the Philippines and Ukraine
- Member of Hiking clubs
- Volunteer translator of international women’s festival for LGBT and women right

Do you think I stand a realistic chance and it's worth applying?You won't know unless you try! The issue for starting this summer is will you be able to get here in time? Is there a career opportunity that you have identified that you could jump to post MBA-- something even back in Korea that is secure-- where you gain more skills from the MBA and then are able to jump into the new role? If you are not clear on the post MBA goal-- or Adcom thinks it is going to be too difficult to execute-- that could be a problem for the 1 YR MBA. If you really want to make a bigger switch and think a consulting internship is useful then I would consider the 2YR program. It may be easier to get here in time for that-- and you have a little more time to make the transition. Kellogg has been a real leader in this time of uncertainty with covid so I suggest you speak to a member of their admissions team to get more guidance on whether the 1YR or 2YR is best for you. If you do a great job showing Kellogg how you have been a bold leader who has created lasting value through influencing others at work then I think you have a shot. I know this is all easier said than done-- but you bring some great international experience and as Kellogg tries to finalize this upcoming class it is certainly worth a shot to put in an application! Reach out for a free consult if you want to talk more about your specific situation.

Posted from my mobile device

_________________
GMAT Club Bot
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!   [#permalink] 22 Apr 2020, 09:59

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25    Next  [ 500 posts ] 

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Lekoben, tanmay1392






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne