GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 11 Jul 2020, 14:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Apr 2020, 10:14
Hi All,

Please evaluate my profile

- 25, Indian
- Chartered Accountant (equivalent to a US CPA)
- 3+ years with KPMG and Currently moving to Deloitte.
- 2 startups- total experience 2 years- 8 months full-time, rest part-time
- 6-7 years of NGO- Corporate and Non-Corporate
- 3 year internship
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member CAT Tests
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 26 Apr 2020, 19:14

Originally posted by caedesoftheskies on 22 Apr 2020, 21:40.
Last edited by caedesoftheskies on 26 Apr 2020, 19:14, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: Vibranture
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2020, 03:59
Hi caedesoftheskies

Having helped several Indian applicants get into Kellogg MBA programs, I can say, you have a pretty strong and interesting profile.

Although your work experience is slightly on the lower side, it seems to be solid and well-aligned with your post-MBA goals.
Additionally, your GMAT score of 770 [congrats!], interesting international experiences, and strong extracurriculars along with the LGBT diversity would help you stand out, further improving your admission chances.

Your challenge might lie in writing the essays with maturity and reflection, which sometimes might be a struggle for younger applicants.
But if you can score well on that, you are good :)

If you want my help, feel free to email me at mail@vibranture.com and we can talk!

Here is a review from one of my recent admits.
https://gmatclub.com/forum/who-are-the- ... l#p2481221

You have a

caedesoftheskies wrote:
Would love a profile eval for my applications in R1 of this year. Thanks!

Demographics:
- Indian
- Female
- 25 years old
- LGBT

· Education:
- T25 US school in a foreign campus
- 3.78 GPA
- Psychology major, Economics minor
- Received a full tuition scholarship

· Other coursework or post-undergraduate education:
- HBX CORe pass with high honors
- All the major digital marketing certs (Google AdWords, HubSpot InBound, Facebook Blueprint, Google Analytics)
- C1 French
- MBAMath

· GMAT:
- 770 (Q50/V46)

· Work experience:
- 3 years management consulting at Big 4 in the Middle East (not strategy, 4 years on matriculation, have done projects in 3 different cities)
- Consistently high ratings and in the top 5% of my cohort
- 1 promotion

· Extracurricular activities:
- Led multiple Women in Business initiatives at my firm and am on the leadership team for the region-wide WiB effort (for the last 2 years)
- Volunteer at an animal shelter for the past 3 years
- Certified yoga instructor (RYT 200)
- Fluent in 3 languages
- Running the digital marketing efforts for our small family business and have quantifiable results in terms of revenue
- Alumni ambassador for my undergrad uni
- Ran a leadership mentoring program for young girls (in undergrad)

· Post-MBA goals:
- Transition into MBB strategy consulting in the short term, and then general management in the long term, and I am to continue championing women's empowerment in the workplace.

· Other information relevant to your profile:
- Have extensive international exposure through lots of traveling, study abroad while at university, and growing up in the Middle East
- Have been playing classical piano for 15 years
- Strong recommendations and essays

Check out our MBA application services:
http://www.vibranture.com/essay/mba-essay-writing-india-services.htm

We take a limited number of clients every year to ensure highest quality services.
Email us today! mail@vibranture.com
Intern
Intern
B
Affiliations: Vibranture

Show Tags

New post 23 Apr 2020, 04:07
Hi adityaa098,

Your background seems an interesting mix of start-up and corporate experience.
However, GMAT/GRE and your undergraduate degree/ performance play a significant part in evaluating the profile for any business school.
Could you share your test scores?

If you want to talk to me personally, feel free to email me at mail@vibranture.com

I'm also including the following articles for your help :)

How do business schools evaluate your profile
http://vibranture.com/articles/how-scho ... rofile.htm

Top 5 ways to build your profile for MBA applications
http://vibranture.com/articles/build-pr ... ations.htm

Good luck!

adityaa098 wrote:
Hi All,

Please evaluate my profile

- 25, Indian
- Chartered Accountant (equivalent to a US CPA)
- 3+ years with KPMG and Currently moving to Deloitte.
- 2 startups- total experience 2 years- 8 months full-time, rest part-time
- 6-7 years of NGO- Corporate and Non-Corporate
- 3 year internship

Check out our MBA application services:
http://www.vibranture.com/essay/mba-essay-writing-india-services.htm

We take a limited number of clients every year to ensure highest quality services.
Email us today! mail@vibranture.com
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 28 Apr 2020, 22:30
Hi experts! Would be grateful for an honest review of my profile chances (planning to apply for 2021 intake) -

1. Indian Male 26 year-old based in Dubai, GMAT 730(V 40, Q 49, 96th percentile)

2. Education:
1) Bachelors in Business Statistics (University Rank 1)
2) Chartered Accountant (Country-level rank: Top 50 among ~150k exam takers)
3) CFA (All 3 levels cleared - can apply for the Charter if it is worth it for apps- some advice on this would be valuable)

3. Certifications:
1) Adv Dip in Management Accounting (CIMA, UK)
2) Business Analytics (HBS Online)
3) SQL Bootcamp (Udemy)
4) Fundamentals of Digital Marketing (Google Digital Garage)

4. Languages: English, Hindi, German (A2)

5. Professional Work Experience:
1) 1+ yrs with leading tech startup in Dubai in Strategic Finance - financial modeling, forecasting, analytics, cost optimization (working closely with colleagues from 15 nationalities)
2) 4 years with 2 leading CPG companies in India (1 F500 & other part of big Indian conglomerate group) - different functions within finance (audit, fp&a, reporting, brand finance), 2 promotions, managing 1 qualified management accountant direct report, delivered multiple cost optimization projects (won Best Cost savings initiative award), 2 other awards for different projects that led to strong financial achievement, part of transformation projects, conducted cost-saving workshops and MS Excel trainings at manufacturing locations for shop floor staff
3) 2 years with a Big 4 audit firm (audit associate as a part of Chartered accountant course) - Led audit engagements independently, received an award

6. Extra-curriculars:
1) Running (several half marathons - have suffered from asthma since childhood)
2) Blogging & group management (15 + finance-related blog posts for finance pages with ~250k readership as well as a software provider's website), Manager of a LinkedIn group with ~10k members
3) Associated with an NGO involved in teaching underprivileged kids through interactive learning techniques
4) Salsa dancing (learnt for over 2 years, passed level 1 exam conducted by ISTD, UK)

7. International exposure: 1+ year working in Dubai with cross-cultural team, 4 years elementary school in the US, Worked with international teams on transformation projects while at F500 company in India

8. Post-MBA Goals: Top tier consulting or investment banking for few years, then back to industry in strategy + finance leadership roles
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Reviews Badge
KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 01 May 2020, 07:58
Hi everyone!
First of all I’d like to thank everyone for taking the time to read through and respond to my profile.
I’m planning to apply for the Aug-2021 intake (basically applying this Aug 2020),, and appreciate your insights for my profile.

Background:
Nationality: Indian, Male, 25 years old
GMAT: 730 (Q50, V38, IR7, AWA5.5)
TOEFL: 114 (R30, L30, S28, W26)

Education:
B.E in Computer Science from BITS Pilani (non IIT - top university in India), GPA: 9.55/10 (Top-5 of my batch of 650+)

Professional Experience:
1. By the time of Joining i.e Aug-2022, I will have 4 years of experience in a US based cloud company (Nutanix).
2. Moved into a new role of Product Management - which contributes to half of my total experience.
3. Technology consulting for IRENA on the side for about 9 months now - on sustainable energy technologies

International Exposure:
1. Worked for Empa (Swiss Lab) - on a 3 month internship with 3 professors. [REMOTE]
2. Travelled to Bay Area (my company HQ) for projects.
3. Handle customer requests and discussions in the EMEA/Americas/India regions. [REMOTE]
4. Have been working for IRENA (international renewable energy agency) - collaborating with researchers, technologists, etc. from over 5 nationalities [REMOTE]

Achievements:
1. One of the few employees to get a quick promotion in 1 year.
2. youngest PM in the entire company of 5000+ people.
3. Undergraduate merit scholar (for all semesters of study).

Co-Curriculars:
1. Started an NGO chapter in Bangalore - formed and led a team of 5 - deals with financial education for the underprivileged (> 1.5 year)
- conducted camps, collaborated with other NGOs to increase our reach to over 1000+ people, 1 case study of helping a group of people
2. Volunteered for another NPO remotely - creating a platform called “sing for needs” - product owner leading a team of 8 to deliver the solution (~ 1 year)
3. Worked as a mentor to a undergraduate startup (~ 1 year)
- helped scale their business to 50+ clients in 6 months (from 10)
- helped the team to get incubated at Atal Incubation Centre

Post MBA goals:
Goal-1: I would like to work in technology in a general management or a product management role for a tech company like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Tesla, Apple, etc.
Goal-2 (Backup): I want to try management consulting for a while before moving to tech

Questions:
Is my GMAT score enough to get into Haas (with some scholarship)? Since Indians generally tend to have higher scores?

Originally posted by rachitkansal on 01 May 2020, 06:30.
Last edited by rachitkansal on 01 May 2020, 07:58, edited 2 times in total.
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2020, 07:31
KedKal wrote:
Hi experts! Would be grateful for an honest review of my profile chances (planning to apply for 2021 intake) -

1. Indian Male 26 year-old based in Dubai, GMAT 730(V 40, Q 49, 96th percentile)

2. Education:
3) CFA (All 3 levels cleared - can apply for the Charter if it is worth it for apps- some advice on this would be valuable)

3. Certifications:
3) SQL Bootcamp (Udemy)

1) 1+ yrs with leading tech startup in Dubai in Strategic Finance - financial modeling, forecasting, analytics, cost optimization (working closely with colleagues from 15 nationalities)
2) 4 years with 2 leading CPG companies in India (1 F500 & other part of big Indian conglomerate group) - different functions within finance (audit, fp&a, reporting, brand finance), 2 promotions, managing 1 qualified management accountant direct report, delivered multiple cost optimization projects (won Best Cost savings initiative award), 2 other awards for different projects that led to strong financial achievement, part of transformation projects, conducted cost-saving workshops and MS Excel trainings at manufacturing locations for shop floor staff
3) 2 years with a Big 4 audit firm (audit associate as a part of Chartered accountant course) - Led audit engagements independently, received an award

6. Extra-curriculars:
2) Blogging & group management (15 + finance-related blog posts for finance pages with ~250k readership as well as a software provider's website), Manager of a LinkedIn group with ~10k members
3) Associated with an NGO involved in teaching underprivileged kids through interactive learning techniques
4) Salsa dancing (learnt for over 2 years, passed level 1 exam conducted by ISTD, UK)

7. International exposure: 1+ year working in Dubai with cross-cultural team, 4 years elementary school in the US, Worked with international teams on transformation projects while at F500 company in India

8. Post-MBA Goals: Top tier consulting or investment banking for few years, then back to industry in strategy + finance leadership roles

Hi Kedkal,

Great profile overall. I can't pinpoint any weaknesses from what I see above. One thing though is that if your volunteering experience s not recent, then thats an area you can build up in the coming months.
Reach out f you'd like to get professional help on your applications.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Invested In Your Success
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2020, 07:54
rachitkansal wrote:
Hi everyone!
First of all I’d like to thank everyone for taking the time to read through and respond to my profile.
I’m planning to apply for the 2021 intake, and appreciate your insights for my profile.

Background:
Nationality: Indian, Male, 25 years old
GMAT: 730 (Q50, V38, IR7, AWA5.5)
TOEFL: 114 (R30, L30, S28, W26)

Education:
B.E in Computer Science from BITS Pilani (non IIT - top university in India), GPA: 9.55/10 (Top-5 of my batch of 650+)

Professional Experience:
1. By the time of Joining i.e Aug-2021, I will have 4 years of experience in a US based cloud company (Nutanix).
2. Moved into a new role of Product Management - which contributes to half of my total experience.
3. Technology consulting for IRENA on the side for about 9 months now - on sustainable energy technologies

International Exposure:
1. Worked for Empa (Swiss Lab) - on a 3 month internship with 3 professors. [REMOTE]
2. Travelled to Bay Area (my company HQ) for projects.
3. Handle customer requests and discussions in the EMEA/Americas/India regions. [REMOTE]
4. Have been working for IRENA (international renewable energy agency) - collaborating with researchers, technologists, etc. from over 5 nationalities [REMOTE]

Achievements:
1. One of the few employees to get a quick promotion in 1 year.
2. youngest PM in the entire company of 5000+ people.
3. Undergraduate merit scholar (for all semesters of study).

Co-Curriculars:
1. Started an NGO chapter in Bangalore - formed and led a team of 5 - deals with financial education for the underprivileged (> 1.5 year)
- conducted camps, collaborated with other NGOs to increase our reach to over 1000+ people, 1 case study of helping a group of people
2. Volunteered for another NPO remotely - creating a platform called “sing for needs” - product owner leading a team of 8 to deliver the solution (~ 1 year)
3. Worked as a mentor to a undergraduate startup (~ 1 year)
- helped scale their business to 50+ clients in 6 months (from 10)
- helped the team to get incubated at Atal Incubation Centre

Post MBA goals:
Goal-1: I would like to work in technology in a general management or a product management role for a tech company like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Tesla, Apple, etc.
Goal-2 (Backup): I want to try management consulting for a while before moving to tech (hence the Jan intake, so as to secure a summer internship).

Questions:
Is my GMAT score enough to get into Haas (with some scholarship)? Since Indians generally tend to have higher scores?

Hi Rachit,

I guess you are also applying to INSEAD - which has two intakes and that's why you have mentioned the Jan intake. The US b-schools have only the fall intake- just making this clarification to avoid confusion for other readers.

Overall, great profile. You must continue to seek new opportunities at work that help you maintain your stellar performance - you are likely to be among the younger applicants with 3 years experience, and hence its important you garner the stellar experience required to impress the adcom.
Your ECAs are interesting and varied. Sometimes when there are too many ECAs then they can lack depth in experience. However, that doesn't seem to be your case - they seem connected with a common interest to mentor people.

Your goals should be vetted further to what makes most sense for you given your past experience and future interests. From this perspective, I am not very convinced with management consulting as a career goal. I'd say that for INSEAD as well (do check their employment report to see their tech related figures).

Reach out if you'd like to discuss further.

Invested In Your Success
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2020, 07:59
MBADecoder sorry, I messed up while copying my earlier post. Basically I'll be applying to Kellogg in Aug-2020 for next year 2021 intake.
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2020, 10:33
rachitkansal wrote:
MBADecoder sorry, I messed up while copying my earlier post. Basically I'll be applying to Kellogg in Aug-2020 for next year 2021 intake.

Yeah that's ok, and I realized what you meant. I just put the clarification out for other applicants so that they don't get confused that Kellogg has two intakes.

Invested In Your Success
Vantage Point Admissions Consultant
B

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2020, 07:08
KedKal wrote:

2. Education:

3. Certifications:
3) SQL Bootcamp (Udemy)

6. Extra-curriculars:

Hi KedKal, thanks for sharing your profile. Your stats, qualifications, and work experience are solid - nice work! One thing I'm a little confused about is when you gained all of the work experience you've listed, given your age? Regardless, the key for you is going to be communicating a cohesive story in your applications. What do you like about working in industry, specifically in the finance function, that informs your goal of going back there eventually? Is there a particular industry you will target and why? How will the MBA and a short-term stint in banking/consulting set you up for success? Further, be sure to share a little of your personality. I love the snippet about how you've overcome asthma to run half marathons so be sure to highlight personal passions like this. As it relates to the CFA, since it doesn't appear you'll be focused on investment management-related work, I'm not sure how valuable the charter will be. Passing all three levels surely speaks to your ability to excel in challenging coursework, which the adcom will view favorably. Good luck!
Contact us for a Free Consultation!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2020, 07:42
Hi Katie, thanks a lot for the feedback and advice. Really grateful for it. I started as an audit associate at EY as a part of my Chartered Accountant course (CPA equivalent in India) at 18. So I qualified at 21 and started working in CPG. Hence, the years of experience!

VantagePointKatie wrote:
KedKal wrote:

2. Education:

3. Certifications:
3) SQL Bootcamp (Udemy)

6. Extra-curriculars:

Hi KedKal, thanks for sharing your profile. Your stats, qualifications, and work experience are solid - nice work! One thing I'm a little confused about is when you gained all of the work experience you've listed, given your age? Regardless, the key for you is going to be communicating a cohesive story in your applications. What do you like about working in industry, specifically in the finance function, that informs your goal of going back there eventually? Is there a particular industry you will target and why? How will the MBA and a short-term stint in banking/consulting set you up for success? Further, be sure to share a little of your personality. I love the snippet about how you've overcome asthma to run half marathons so be sure to highlight personal passions like this. As it relates to the CFA, since it doesn't appear you'll be focused on investment management-related work, I'm not sure how valuable the charter will be. Passing all three levels surely speaks to your ability to excel in challenging coursework, which the adcom will view favorably. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2020, 07:44
Hi Namita, thanks a lot for the feedback and advice. Really grateful!

MBADecoder wrote:
KedKal wrote:

2. Education:

3. Certifications:
3) SQL Bootcamp (Udemy)

6. Extra-curriculars:

Hi Kedkal,

Great profile overall. I can't pinpoint any weaknesses from what I see above. One thing though is that if your volunteering experience s not recent, then thats an area you can build up in the coming months.
Reach out f you'd like to get professional help on your applications.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 12 May 2020, 11:05
I am a 28 year old male (born in the Philippines) but immigrated to the United States (Boston, MA) when i was 7 years old

Personal:
- 28 Years old
- Male
- Language: English, Tagalog (Fluent), Spanish (Basic)
- GMAT Score (TBD scheduled to take online this Summer) but applied to evening/weekend program with GMAT waiver

Professional (work experience - approx. 6 years):
- Current Role: Senior Business Analyst (promoted after 12 months) in Product Management at BCG (approx. 2.5 years cumulative at BCG) -> responsible for project management of partner facing applications and project lead to work with QA, UX, and technical teams to drive prioritization, resourcing and implementation of functional and technical enhancements.
- Prior Roles:
- Business Analyst - BCG
- Business Systems Analyst at Liberty Mutual (Corporate Finance) - worked hand in hand with other analysts to drive change management and write requirements to corporate finance applications such as complex, 6 month long logic changes to deferred acquisition costs interfaces to the general ledger.
- Claims Analyst (Claims Development Program at Liberty Mutual) - analyzed and reviewed claims data for financial exposure, legal liability and set financial reserves for commercial liability claims as well as negotiated claims with plaintiff attorneys up to 250K
- At&t intern summer of 2013 in their Operations/Marketing department -> responsible for auditing retail stores for sales as well as moved the 'It Can Wait' no texting and driving initiative forward
- Operations/Logistics intern at OnProcess Technology summer of 2012

Certifications/Awards:
- ITIL certified V3 (Spring 2019)
- Emerald Bravo Award while at Liberty Mutual (second highest internal award with monetary prize) for developing internal program for Claims Department to help employees navigate their professional journey by introducing a structured lunch & learn with different speakers

Academics:
- University of Massachusetts Amherst (B.A. degree in Communication w/ minor in Economics)
- additional info: played intramural sports (soccer/softball) and worked as a cook/cleaner at the dining halls during junior year
- International Experience: 4 months of studying through Danish Institute of Study abroad/Copenhagen Business school Fall of 2013
- leveraged internship with At&t to develop partnership with Umass Amherst to roll out 'it can Wait' (no text and driving) initiative -> wrote public service announcement for Umass radio as well as worked with facilities department to roll out 20,000 'It Can Wait' stickers with parking passes

Extracurriculars:
- current Chapter Lead in Boston for non-profit organization focusing on intrapreneurship to generate ideas to leverage private resources to address UN sustainability goals
- project lead/consultant for Msaada Partners: a non-profit org that BCG partners with to provide pro-bono consulting. Led project team of 8 this past fall 2019 for 5 months to deliver go-to-market strategy for start up athlesiure company
- BCG Green team: internal team of volunteers that serves as a tiger team to address company's carbon foot print initiatives. Currently part of a project with 3 other employees to reduce carbon foot print of BCG's offices by moving to sustainable/renewable energy resources.
- BCG Soccer team: internal soccer team that play against other offices in North America (yearly tournament) held in various locations
- United Way: volunteer on a yearly basis to provide/help set up meal kits for impoverished people in Boston for Thanksgiving

Hobbies/additional info:
- running/biking/hiking
- finished several sprint triathlons the past few years (most recently the Hyannis sprint triathlon in Fall of 2019)
- run multiple 5Ks on a recurring basis yearly such as 'MS is BS', 'Dana-Farber Cancer 5K' and 'J.P. Morgan 5K'.
- played piano all throughout my childhood until i was 18 years old, performed at multiple concerts including high school

Goals:
- Short Term: continue to grow leadership/project management skills within BCG by getting more exposure to larger scale initiatives as well as firm up understanding of different inputs of a business
- Long Term: work in a niche consulting firm focusing on addressing social/economic problems (i.e. UN Sustainability goals)
B

Show Tags

New post 17 May 2020, 10:06
Hi mrbbala144992, a few questions for you:

1) What was your GPA? Sorry if I missed this somewhere!
2) Will BCG be sponsoring you? Not sure if this is common in your functional area within the firm, but curious since you plan to return.
3) What is your target GMAT based on practice tests you've taken?

Otherwise, your career progression and extracurriculars look solid. I'm curious to better understand your career goals - are you looking to stay in product management in the long-term, or transition to more of a traditional consulting role?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2020, 06:11
Hi VantagePointKatie,

Thanks for the feedback. Below is some additional information regarding goals and whatnot.

1) What was your GPA? Sorry if I missed this somewhere! - My undergrad GPA was 3.2. For transparency, i started undergrad pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering my freshmen year which i think contributed to a lower average GPA (given the large amount of STEM classes) but then pivoted my sophomore year.
2) Will BCG be sponsoring you? Not sure if this is common in your functional area within the firm, but curious since you plan to return. - I have several options but one that i am pursuing is to leverage BCG's tuition reimbursement program that allows us to take classes if we do part time at 100% reimbursement. I wanted to initially start with a part time course load and then re-evaluate if i need to ramp up in the future given that i currently and plan to live/stay in Boston for the near future.
3) What is your target GMAT based on practice tests you've taken? My target GMAT is high 600's, preferably >680 and i do have my online test scheduled for June.

Otherwise, your career progression and extracurriculars look solid. I'm curious to better understand your career goals - are you looking to stay in product management in the long-term, or transition to more of a traditional consulting role?' - I think short term, im focusing on firming up my knowledge of the different inputs of a business but long-term, i would prefer to transition into a more traditional consulting role potentially within BCG. There's alot of practice areas within BCG that align with what i'm looking for and i think would present a good challenge. I've also participated in consulting non-profit projects so in my current role with BCG to help give myself the exposure to consulting in general.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 May 2020, 09:33
I am an Indian male with 2 years work experience.
Company: Wipro (Associate Consultant)
GMAT: 760
GPA: 7.5/10 (Top 10 in class)
College: National Institute of Technology

Certificate: Google Ad words, Google Analytics, Qlik (Business Intelligence tool)

Pros:
1. Founder of NGO. (Helping self help group ( by teaching a specific skillset)to get financial support from bank. Around 600 people are benefitted, Raised around 1 Cr. Rupees($140000) year-2019
2. Good communication and people skills
3. Will be able to get good recommendations
4. Volunteered (Area Manager) to plant maximum number of trees in one hour which was registered in Guinness book of world record. Year (2014)

Cons:
1. Less work experience than average
2. Indian IT bucket

Posted from my mobile device
B

Show Tags

New post 19 May 2020, 14:19
mrbbala144992 wrote:
Hi VantagePointKatie,

Thanks for the feedback. Below is some additional information regarding goals and whatnot.

1) What was your GPA? Sorry if I missed this somewhere! - My undergrad GPA was 3.2. For transparency, i started undergrad pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering my freshmen year which i think contributed to a lower average GPA (given the large amount of STEM classes) but then pivoted my sophomore year.
2) Will BCG be sponsoring you? Not sure if this is common in your functional area within the firm, but curious since you plan to return. - I have several options but one that i am pursuing is to leverage BCG's tuition reimbursement program that allows us to take classes if we do part time at 100% reimbursement. I wanted to initially start with a part time course load and then re-evaluate if i need to ramp up in the future given that i currently and plan to live/stay in Boston for the near future.
3) What is your target GMAT based on practice tests you've taken? My target GMAT is high 600's, preferably >680 and i do have my online test scheduled for June.

Otherwise, your career progression and extracurriculars look solid. I'm curious to better understand your career goals - are you looking to stay in product management in the long-term, or transition to more of a traditional consulting role?' - I think short term, im focusing on firming up my knowledge of the different inputs of a business but long-term, i would prefer to transition into a more traditional consulting role potentially within BCG. There's alot of practice areas within BCG that align with what i'm looking for and i think would present a good challenge. I've also participated in consulting non-profit projects so in my current role with BCG to help give myself the exposure to consulting in general.

Hi mrbbala144992, thanks for the additional info. For the Kellogg part time program, a 3.2 GPA / 680+ GMAT is likely competitive, so long as your essays / recommendations / interview are strong. For the full time program, these stats would be below the school's averages so you may have a tougher time. In your essays, be sure to pick a path (from a career standpoint) and run with it to demonstrate that you have a clear vision for 'why MBA / why now / why Kellogg'. Add specifics to demonstrate knowledge of Kellogg's program and network using the resources at your disposal, including through the admissions office. Good luck!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 02:08
Background and nationality - Indian (male), age at application stage - 26, Business education (Undergrad and post-grad from top tier institutes in India)
GMAT: 730 -740 (Realistic target)
Undergrad Gpa- 7.48(equivalent to 4.0 acc to gmac)

Post grad Gpa - 2.93/4.33 from IIM (top 30% of class)

Work experience and leadership - 3.5 years (during application) CPG firm in India, led a team of 10+ management graduates for all these 3.5 yrs, youngest and fastest to get promoted, youngest state head, highest growth and achievement nos. in first 2 years

Recommendations from Pan India Heads

Community and others -
Volunteering at a school for special needs children - mostly kids who don't have resources for correct diagnosis - tried to teach them nuances of human interaction and to make them independent in their daily tasks

Hosted a tedx event and achieved a blackbelt in martial arts, opportunity to represent country and state in international and national competitions

Post MBA goals - transition to consulting in the cpg practise and then start an entrepreneurial venture

Ideal GMAt score considering my background

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 20 May 2020, 10:57
VantagePointKatie

Really appreciate the feedback and the time. These are great and will definitely fold in these recommendations into my application.

Best,
GMAT Club Bot
Re: KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!   [#permalink] 20 May 2020, 10:57

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26    Next  [ 520 posts ] 

KELLOGG PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Lekoben, Padfoot, Priyanka1293