GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Sep 2019, 10:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Please evaluate my Toefl essay

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Please evaluate my Toefl essay  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2018, 13:20
There is a disagreement on the impact of increased business and culture contact between countries on a country’s identity. What is your opinion?

Entering the 21st century, globalization has been significantly increasing, at the same time it brought a range of influence to our daily life. I would rather see these changing from its opposite aspect than its possible flaws. In the following essay, I will explore my point of view by analyzing two main reasons.

Firstly, the extension of international trade and cultural communication would diversify our choices of lifestyle. Let’s take the case of the effect of globalization had on Italian food and eating habits. According to an article I have read before, although Italians take a lot of pride in their long historic culture of local cuisine, as long as the range of available foreign foods in Italy has been increased, people now have much more choice in terms of what they eat. Especially after the influx of the convenient food, individuals don’t need to spend so much time to prepare traditional meals unless of course, they want to. Because fast foods start to be available for whom who can not wait for time-consuming food preparation. Therefore, we can see that diversification of food culture in Italy has brought immense convenience to Italian daily life.

Secondly, the global popularity of culture will ensure that it survives. Again, as an example, we can take a look at how Italian cuisine being strengthen. If you walk down any main street in any major city in the world, you will find at least one Italian restaurant. This means that eating habit of Italian no longer restricted within the border of the country, in contrast, it becomes more powerful along with spreading of all around the world. Hence, the crowd no need to fear the damage to Italian tradition by the influence of other culture.

To sum up, although globalization has had a significant influence on our daily routine both from the positive and negative side, the benefits we can enjoy far overweigh its possible harm which people worry about.
GMAT Club Bot
Please evaluate my Toefl essay   [#permalink] 06 Aug 2018, 13:20

Please evaluate my Toefl essay

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: carcass