GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 08 Dec 2019, 05:30

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Please give feedback to my essay as soon as possible

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
Please give feedback to my essay as soon as possible  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jan 2015, 20:48
Question:
Do you agree or disagree with the following statement
There is nothing that an uneducated person can teach an educated person

In my eyes I think that there are a lot of things that an uneducated person can teach an educated person. The main reason why I think so is because even though the person is uneducated he may have knowledge from his experiences or from his upbringing. This is especially true for older gentlemen. Some of the most successful people in the world have been school dropouts.Although many people will not agree with my point of view and say that such cases are not the norm. One one hand such people are rare, but on the other hand most uneducated people will have atleast some information worth listening to.

First, I believe that an uneducated person can get knowledge without an education because of his upbringing or by his life experiences. A 60 year uneducated king would without a doubt have more knowledge than a 25 year old educated soldier. There are two types of smarts book smarts and street smarts.
For example Richard Branson is one of the richest men in the world but he dropped out of high school to start his first business. Richard Branson will have more knowledge about business management than an MBA student even though Branson does not have any formal schooling.

Second, In my view an uneducated man has a chance of gaining knowledge from books and news papers even without a formal education. He or She can get someone to read them for her, especially if she or he is rich.
For instance, a rich house wife may get bored because she stays home while her husband goes to work all day. To pass the time she might read books relating to whatever field she is interested in. She has a lot of free time in her hands, so she might read for a large number of hours a do and hence may amass a wealth of knowledge

In conclusion, because of the above reasons and for many other reasons I believe that every person uneducated and educated has knowledge worth teaching. Uneducated people are not as disadvantaged as they may seem.
GMAT Club Bot
Please give feedback to my essay as soon as possible   [#permalink] 07 Jan 2015, 20:48

Please give feedback to my essay as soon as possible

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderator: carcass