Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:26 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
Re: Please review my profile-760 GMAT [#permalink]
Expert Reply
benztranz123 wrote:
Please review my profile.

Age- 26 years(Male)
can speak 5 languages

Undergrad GPA- 3.23 (Non IIT)

Grad GPA- 3.916
initially enrolled at NYU, new york city. transferred after first semester to wright State University, Dayton, Ohio

GMAT- 760

2 publications

Six Sigma Green Belt certification

HBX Core

Experience-

1. Executive Engineer for 2 years at top private key player for indian defence (XX), India working on the missile
launchers for Akash Missile Program. Active in customer interaction and youngest engineer to reperesent
the company for customer offering. Perosnally handled training sessions for the Indian Air Force
personnel in regards to the missile equipment.

2. Technical consultant for 1 year to one of the worlds largest tier 1 supplier, USA.Handled the tesing of the
Motor control diagnostics for a Fortune 500 french OEM. Active customer interaction to have a fruitful
requirement vs implementation for the diagnostics.

3. Internships at CISR research labs in India and a tech startup, USA working on the product development and
customer interaction on finalizing the quotes for the design and implementation.

Extra Curriculars-
1. Trained in indian carnatic classical vocal for 13 years. More than 100 performances till date in India and
USA.

2. Formed undergrad singing club. Robotic Club (won in a couple of national level robotic festivals)

3. 5 gold medals in singing across 3 organizations in USA.

4. Formed Sanskriti (Diversified Indian Arts Club, Wright State). Active collaborations across USA.

5. Planned, Designed and served as Master of ceremony for all the events of Indian Student Association,
wright state attracting more than 4000 audience in total.

Community service and Leadership-

1. Core Team Member, Community relations team, XXX (over a year).

2. Cultural Ambassador, Wright State University

3. Cultural Head, Indian Student Association, Wright State

4. Peer Mentor, Department of Electrical Engineering, Wright State university

5. Adopted 2 kids for primary education.

Post MBA Goals- Management consulting

Planned schools to apply- HBS, Kellogg, INSEAD, ISB, Booth

Hey dude,
Well what I like about your profile first and foremost is that it is INTERESTING. You have depth and breadth and seem to be very passionate about a number of things. Not only that, you have been ACTIVE, and even taken a lead in many of your activities.

That plus a 760, well... should give you a shot almost anywhere.

Now will it be a big shot at a school like HBS? Being a non IITer from Indian with a so-so GMAT, it will always be a long shot, but one I believe you could and should take.

To answer your later question, I don't think that working one more year will do much to improve your profile, and that you should just take your shot this year. If you want to apply to Top 5 schools (which will be tough, even with your 760 and great story) my strategic suggestion would be that you apply to MORE schools (basically add schools to your list) which will be the best way to increase your chances, while also allowing you to apply at higher ranked schools.

I hope this helps!
And feel free to drop us a line for a more full-on Free Consultation: https://bit.ly/mbafcGC

Best,
JF
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 223 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
sandeep : sharma
Concentration: International Business, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
benztranz123 wrote:

Age- 26 years(Male)
can speak 5 languages

Grad GPA- 3.916
initially enrolled at NYU, new york city. transferred after first semester to wright State University, Dayton, Ohio

GMAT- 760

2 publications

HBX Core

Experience-

1. Executive Engineer for 2 years at top private key player for indian defence (XX), India working on the missile
launchers for Akash Missile Program. Active in customer interaction and youngest engineer to reperesent
the company for customer offering. Perosnally handled training sessions for the Indian Air Force

2. Technical consultant for 1 year to one of the worlds largest tier 1 supplier, USA.Handled the tesing of the
Motor control diagnostics for a Fortune 500 french OEM. Active customer interaction to have a fruitful

3. Internships at CISR research labs in India and a tech startup, USA working on the product development and
customer interaction on finalizing the quotes for the design and implementation.

Extra Curriculars-
1. Trained in indian carnatic classical vocal for 13 years. More than 100 performances till date in India and
USA.

2. Formed undergrad singing club. Robotic Club (won in a couple of national level robotic festivals)

4. Formed Sanskriti (Diversified Indian Arts Club, Wright State). Active collaborations across USA.

5. Planned, Designed and served as Master of ceremony for all the events of Indian Student Association,

Hi ,
You are quite young and still have good achievements .
760 GMAT score means you are a 99%ile holder.
SO I don't see any challenge in getting you selected for your dream university.
please go ahead.
good luck
Send PM
Expert Reply
You are in the right age range for HBS not sure another year would impact things that much. I would only consider this if you feel like you are on the verge of a promotion or there are forthcoming opportunities to drive strong results/impact in your current role, but your profile is strong enough to apply now.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: 99colleges.com
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: Wharton
Send PM
Hi benztranz123,

You’ve some deep extracurricular interests, which will stand you out. But key in applications is professional progress, impact made, initiatives taken, and so on. From the perspective of MBA applicants, you’ve a not-so-common work experience but that experience needs to stand on its own (diversity alone won’t matter). While writing your applications, think what perspectives you can bring to the MBA classroom which others won’t easily. Most of the schools you’re targeting are tough to get into, but they’re worth giving a shot. If results don't turn out to be favorable, you can always expand the list in R2.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Stanford '19
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.99
Send PM
Hi benztranz,

Good job on the GMAT. Interesting work profile - in terms of the industry of experience, and the possible exposure that it might have gotten you to domains of work that not many people will have access to.

As some of the others have mentioned, your undergrad GPA will be a weak spot in your app. The Uni brand might be a weak spot as well.

Overall - you should still target some schools in the top 10. It's going to be competitive but its worth a shot. ISB and INSEAD will make for par apps.

Regards,
Karthik

benztranz123 wrote:

Age- 26 years(Male)
can speak 5 languages

Grad GPA- 3.916

GMAT- 760

2 publications

HBX Core

Experience-

Extra Curriculars-
USA.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
You are in the right age range for HBS not sure another year would impact things that much. I would only consider this if you feel like you are on the verge of a promotion or there are forthcoming opportunities to drive strong results/impact in your current role, but your profile is strong enough to apply now.

I have an offer from an American Big 3 for a Techno- Managerial role (will get a chance to work with customers in mexico, canada and italy). I was planning on working there for a year before I take the MBA path (i feel this might strengthen my profile a bit more for HBS). Any suggestions ?
Send PM
Expert Reply
I think it might do just that given the role's international focus. Now with everything work related it is about the impact and results you drive in this role. So given you know you will be applying to school in a year really try and be proactive and thoughtful about your work and experiences at this new firm
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Admission Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
benztranz123 wrote:

Age- 26 years(Male)
can speak 5 languages

Grad GPA- 3.916

GMAT- 760

2 publications

HBX Core

Experience-

Extra Curriculars-
USA.

Hi there,

We think you have a great profile and to top that a great GMAT score. I think all you need now a well weaved story. Happy to take the conversation forward.

Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot