Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:05 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 328 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
mbaMission Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 328 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 335 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Please, your comments [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Ok, so 680 was your second attempt. Probably less crucial that you re-take, though certainly would still help to bump it up more. If you had been scoring well above that on any practice tests I might encourage you to try once more, if not maybe less so.

Applying to the joint degree you mentioned could give you a slight edge as it likely fits well with your experience, yes. I would still say it won't be easy, it is HBS after all!!! But not impossible. One challenge I would see is that you say you actually want to get OUT of government and go to management consulting?? So the admissions reps may say, well why bother applying to the joint program with Kennedy etc?? If your goals weren't as different from your background might sound like it all makes more sense? Additionally with the 10 years of experience, you may be older than the usual recruit for a post-MBA consulting role, I just encourage you to research those post-MBA plans thoroughly NOW (for example, you could set up some informational interviews with hiring managers at companies you'd be interested in to get their take/advice on options etc).

Keep us posted and hope you find the right fit!!
Moderator:
1452 posts