Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:14 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: HHonors Diamond, BGS Honor Society
Own Kudos [?]: 3083 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2009
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V45
WE:Business Development (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Somebody plz answer my queries
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
can anyone plz help me and catagorise my colleges in safe/mod/ambi.
Plz it would be of great help
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
You may think of Rochester and Uni of Pittsburg. They accept applicants with little experience.
You may have chance at
SUNY Buffalo
Univ. of Georgia
George Washington Univ

Others requires some experience, but they also open for college graduates too, so why not try, if you have a good profile.
By the way, what is you citizenship? It may be a plus to application process.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I am an Indian citizen!! what could have helped me?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
swapnildol wrote:
I am an Indian citizen!! what could have helped me?

dude just apply to Uni of Illinois Chicago. You will be taken with no questions being asked whatsoever and chances are that u will get money too. I may sound strange but trust me on this. I lived in chicago for 6 years and know many friends from UIC. good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi haddy74!! I saw ur post on GMAT club!! Tnx for your reply!! That was very confidance boosting!! Hey can I have your e-mail id and also of your friends who studied in UIC so that I can get better info from them!! Plz do me this favour I will be very greatful.
Thank you & Regards,
Swapnil
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Swapnil,

What are your goals? Do you need an MBA to achieve these? I am from a family-owned business background as well. Except that I moved to America and obtained full-time experience away from the business.

This is an option you should consider. Most people agree that an MBA from a sub top 20 institute is worse than no MBA at all.

Try to align your long-term goals with the strategy that will get you there. An MBA is not about what you learn.. it is about who you meet. Engineers in India a trained to have a technology-centric thought process. Unfortunately, the people-centric thought process is what is valued in the business world.

I can explain further if necessary, but without knowing your goals, I will just be ranting.

Good luck with your search.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Hi !! seems you have an interesting point !! can i get ur e-mail id or somthing to contact where we can talk better I would also like to share with you my long term and short term goals!! a chat with you will help me a lot!!
Tnx
Swapnil
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Can anyone classify my colleges for me plz!!
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
swapnildol wrote:
Can anyone classify my colleges for me plz!!

Classified by what criteria?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
classify as safe/mod/ambi!! it will be of gr8 help plz??
Tnx
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hey i think you havent come out of your engineering groove,, i know of a famous site for engineering degree aspirants that actually asks applicants to post in that style of ambi, mod, safe.. well i dont think it has been the case here with gmatclub..and yes, as rhyme said.. u need to list out on what criteria you need the schools to be classified.. u can never judge that with just your marks and other statistics..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
I think I was not clear with my question. I will post my full question again:-
Hey sorry if my post is long, but I have to give all the details so that you can comment properly
I got a 650 in my GMAT, GPA is 3.5, and got a dad’s business where I worked part time during grad (it’s a pretty big business).An overall good record. My problem is that I have no post grad work-ex. How good are my chances of getting in a good B-School for a Full Time MBA in USA? As I said earlier I am from a business family. The business has all the management dept. like Finance, procurement, marketing, HR etc. I do work part time in my factory and full time during my vacations. So with this entire background do I have a chance of getting in any of the mentioned colleges? I have already applied to following schools and I am very worried about not getting an admit from any of the colleges (Please classify colleges in safe/mod/ambi) :-

SUNY Buffalo

Univ. of Georgia

Indiana Univ. Bloomington

George Washington Univ.

Boston College

Purdue Univ. West Lafayette

Illinois Institute of Technology

Bowling Green State Univ.

University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Univ. of Illinois Chicago

Temple Univ.

Which schools do I have a chance of getting into?

I have heard that there is some percent of the students of the class in some colleges like Temple or George Washington who have no work-ex. I also have some mediocre schools like IIT and some low ranked colleges like Bowling green state University in my list. Can you please comment on these things?

Actually I want to get back to India as soon as possible to take charge of my family business. Thus I want to complete my MBA as soon as possible. If I take a gap and join my business, it will be difficult for me to take a study leave then. Also I don’t think I will use the school's placement services as I will return soon after completion of my course.

About the tough time I will face during my course, cant do anything, I have to cope up and I am ready to face it. Also in the vacations of my engineering course I will work full time in my business to get a hang of some fields of Management.

I have written all this in my SOP also. Do you think these things will help?
Also are there any people that you know who have got an admit from some B-School without work-ex.

I would be deeply obliged if you could reply as soon as possible.

Thank you & Regards,
Swapnil
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
You need to do some hardcore research... You seem to think if you just throw your stats out there you will magically get the exact anwser you want. It doesn't work like that.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
[#permalink]
Ok tnx mark!! Actually I have researched and shortlisted 11 schools!! also I saw that people get their schools classified in safe/mod/ambi by the members of this community! I just thought members and moderaters here know bout these colleges and can comment!! So if anyone fortunately know bout this colleges, plz comment!! Also I thought I have to give my profile, my shorlisted colleges and ppl will comment them. This is how these forums work, isnt it? :?:
Please correct me if I am wrong and guide me what can I do to get answers to my question
Thank you & Regards
Swapnil
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
hey swapnil,

I guess you need to do some serious research out there for MBA schools and the admission process. Bschools generally need essays as opposed to the SOP concept for engineering schools. Further, I dont see any point in investing your time/money and pursuing your MBA in that far end schools in your list.. It will not serve your purpose if you are thinking of doing good to your business when you come back..

my friend studies at Krannert and he went straight outta college.. tat guy had amazing acads like.. gp of 3.5,gmat of 750.. 4 years part-time work exp and diverse extra-curriculars also.. he's finding it very challenging out there but he sure is interested in his work and plan to come back to manage his business in india..

my point finally is that dont get lured by thinking that an MBA from any US university will make you an efficient manager.. I dont think so.. so carefully research your schools and get that list down to a feasible 4 or 5.. you can have two ambi's, two mod's and a safe as you categorise..

hope this is helpful..

cheers
mbadart07
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Send PM
[#permalink]
Sorry to tell you but GSB is out of the question. No work experience and a 650 GMAT - there's no way. Take that one off your list and save your money.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
 1   2