GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Sep 2018, 18:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Politician: Fewer people are entering the labor market now

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Retired Moderator
Status: 2000 posts! I don't know whether I should feel great or sad about it! LOL
Schools: Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, MIT & HKS (Government)
WE 1: Economic research
WE 2: Banking
WE 3: Government: Foreign Trade and SMEs
Re: Politician: Fewer people are entering the labor market now  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 May 2012, 20:42
+1 A

This is a "find the flaw" question. Saying that companies are taking actions about that situation doesn't mean that the economy is growing. Maybe the companies are just preparing for a future situation.

"Life’s battle doesn’t always go to stronger or faster men; but sooner or later the man who wins is the one who thinks he can."

My Integrated Reasoning Logbook / Diary: http://gmatclub.com/forum/my-ir-logbook-diary-133264.html

GMAT Club Premium Membership - big benefits and savings

Manager
Manager
Schools: Haas '16, AGSM '16
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 17 Mar 2015, 04:23
Choice A

type weaken

Conclusion: the surge in concern => economy is growing

Assumption: the action of companies is properly reflex what are going on the market.

Break assumption: what if the economy will not grow or decrease in the future? there are no need to enhance employee morale. Hence choice A is correct

one other possible weaken is that: even the labour decrease, it does not mean that the new entrance to educational industries will reduce
Intern
Intern
S
GMAT 1: 670 Q51 V30
GPA: 3
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 05 Jun 2017, 16:18
The fact that companies are making prudent preparations for a possible future development does not mean that this development is already taking place. - Correct Answer. Explains current situation
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 570 Q49 V19
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2018, 03:14
1) If economy grows -> Demand for supply increases

2) Some companies are trying to retain employees - based on this 1 fact author has concluded that the economy is growing.
Let us understand the line of reasoning used by the author - the author says that fewer people are entering the labor market now than previously. The author then goes ahead and says that if the economy grows then the demand will outstrip the supply. Next the author says that some companies have already started to find better ways to retain their employees i.e. the author here assumes that in order to meet the increasing demand the companies are trying to retain employees and as the demand is increasing the economy on the whole is growing. The flaw here is that it is not necessary that the economy is necessarily growing which is prompting companies to retain employees rather it could just be that they are preparing for any eventuality. Just as we have disaster management systems which are in place to ensure smooth handling of a situation in case a disaster does take place. Increasing expenditure on disaster management system does not necessarily mean that more disasters are taking place rather it could just be that the country is preparing itself for any eventuality. This argument is on similar lines and the correct answer for this is 'A'
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Politician: Fewer people are entering the labor market now &nbs [#permalink] 31 Aug 2018, 03:14

Go to page   Previous    1   2   [ 24 posts ] 

Politician: Fewer people are entering the labor market now

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap