Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 297 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
I'd be happy with a 620. I agree with everyone - RC is tough and an error log can help extremely.

I also agree that a 700 is within your reach. Check out some sample 700+ score breakdowns:

700 - Q42, V44
710 - Q47, V40
710 - Q49, V38
720 - Q48, V41
720 - Q50, V38
730 - Q48, V42
740 - Q48, V44
750 - Q49, V42

If SC is giving you a hard time, I highly recommend the Manhattan GMAT SC guide; It has become my SC bible!

https://www.manhattangmat.com/StoreItemS ... ?ItemID=18

Here's a good idiom site for work viewing - https://www.800score.com/guidec4view1g.html

For RC and CR, people recommend LSAT guides.

Don't give up hope! You are oh so close my friend...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
[#permalink]
yeah dont be dissapointed...btw how did you find the test in terms of difficutly with the GMATPREP....

what has been you biggest weakness in verbal? RC...then read my post to rahul in the verbal....telling you that tip works...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 297 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Guys,

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I believe I need to improve my SC and CR. Currently, I am using Kaplan and the OG. I think SC is my biggest weakness as I tend to rush and sometimes cancel out problems too quickly. Need to figure this one out first....

Nevertheless, I am still surprise at my score! My previous practice tests breakdown as follows:

Kaplan Diagnostic - 620
Kaplan Paper - 720
Kaplan Test 1 - 650
Kaplan Test 2 - 660

PPrep1 - 740 (but after studying the OG)
PPrep2 - 770 (but after studying the OG)

Gprep1 - 700 (which I found harder than the actual test)
Gprep2 - 750

Anyway, there is no use looking at the past. Time to move on. I need to focus on verbal and will do so by participating in the verbal forum.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
fresinha12 - can you give me that link to your post? I'd like to see your strategy.

rigger - the MGMAT SC guide will help you get the basics on what is tested, etc. The verbal forum will help you refine those skills.

Best of luck to you. Keep up that positive attitude and attack the beast!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 642 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:Wharton'11 HBS'12
Send PM
[#permalink]
https://www.gmatclub.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=21908

ValleyBall1 wrote:
fresinha12 - can you give me that link to your post? I'd like to see your strategy.

rigger - the MGMAT SC guide will help you get the basics on what is tested, etc. The verbal forum will help you refine those skills.

Best of luck to you. Keep up that positive attitude and attack the beast!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
RC does take a lot of active reading practice.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ValleyBall1 - how are you using MGMAT SC guide? I mean, I bought it and I find it really useful but still can't get the focus . Do you try to memorize each single rule? I am afraid there is no other way, is there? :shock:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
[#permalink]
Good question - I pretty much read the whole thing every two days. Depending on time, I either read straight through the guide or answer all the questions (or both). In between those days, I focus on a specific chapter and its OG questions. In addition, I read one column of the idioms nightly before I go to bed and make sure I can create sentences from them. I try and create sentences that make sense to me and are on topics I enjoy; I'm hoping that will help me remember the idioms when taking the test.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
rigger wrote:
Guys,

Thanks for the advice. Yes, I believe I need to improve my SC and CR. Currently, I am using Kaplan and the OG. I think SC is my biggest weakness as I tend to rush and sometimes cancel out problems too quickly. Need to figure this one out first....

Nevertheless, I am still surprise at my score! My previous practice tests breakdown as follows:

Kaplan Diagnostic - 620
Kaplan Paper - 720
Kaplan Test 1 - 650
Kaplan Test 2 - 660

PPrep1 - 740 (but after studying the OG)
PPrep2 - 770 (but after studying the OG)

Gprep1 - 700 (which I found harder than the actual test)
Gprep2 - 750

Anyway, there is no use looking at the past. Time to move on. I need to focus on verbal and will do so by participating in the verbal forum.

If you want more practiced material, you can go to https://www.upstartraising.com I don't know how good their material is but at least you'll be able to get some more practice questions. THose are some pretty good practice scores - I wouldn't sweat this one. I'm pretty sure you'll crack 700 on the next exam. Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
ValleyBall1, I think your strategy with the idioms is very good. Slowly and constantly , doesn┬┤t make sense to try to memorized everything.
On the other hand, I thing I will first go through the whole book and try to learn the concepts...when I know more than 80% of the content I will start doing the exercises.
SC is my weak area and I am sure that the way I was studying for it ( just doing the exercises ) didn┬┤t help at all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Send PM
[#permalink]