Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:21 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Columbia 2013 (CBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
helpmehelpme wrote:
Ding submitted on nye

Posted from my mobile device

Sorry to hear about your ding. I submitted on Christmas Eve and I still haven't heard anything. Anyone else in the same boat?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28
GMAT 2: 640 Q48 V31
GPA: 4
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
mappleby wrote:
matisao wrote:
Did someone get accepted after being waitlisted / deferred?

We haven't seen any yet on GMAT Club but that doesn't mean it isn't/won't happen. They wouldn't bother with a waitlist if they didn't plan on accepting at least some people.

Thank you....Hope some of us are accepted
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
msss wrote:
helpmehelpme wrote:
Ding submitted on nye

Sorry to hear about your ding. I submitted on Christmas Eve and I still haven't heard anything. Anyone else in the same boat?

Yep, I submitted on 12/24 and still have not heard back, yet as full disclosure I had issues with the fee payment system and had to wire them the money which they acknowledged receipt on 1/2/2013
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [4]
Send PM
Kudos
I got dinged today. Submitted Nov 1, interview invite on Dec 17, and interviewed on January 7th. Final review submitted on January 15th.

I'm convinced that it was because of my interview. My interviewer hated that I was on the younger side of the age range; he just didn't like me from the start and kept going back to my age which isn't even that young; it's still within the range.

My advice for anyone getting a Columbia invite, be careful on the interviewer you pick. Try go for someone older to interview you; they won't have as much of a superiority complex. Research them before you pick one. Make sure it is someone who could relate to you. I cannot stress how important this is.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
Send PM
mbaBoston2012 wrote:
I got dinged today. Submitted Nov 1, interview invite on Dec 17, and interviewed on January 7th. Final review submitted on January 15th.

I'm convinced that it was because of my interview. My interviewer hated that I was on the younger side of the age range; he just didn't like me from the start and kept going back to my age which isn't even that young; it's still within the range.

My advice for anyone getting a Columbia invite, be careful on the interviewer you pick. Try go for someone older to interview you; they won't have as much of a superiority complex. Research them before you pick one. Make sure it is someone who could relate to you. I cannot stress how important this is.

Good luck!

Big big agree! got dinged last year because of exactly the same reason! Selected a fresh CBS MBA graduate...and bad chemistry from the beginning.....The interviewer acted a bit picky and unfriendly, kept talking about I was too young while I had over 4 years w/e last year.

Reapplied this year, but missed the ED round, waiting for interview invite.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
Send PM
bluegmat700 wrote:
msss wrote:
helpmehelpme wrote:
Ding submitted on nye

Yep, I submitted on 12/24 and still have not heard back, yet as full disclosure I had issues with the fee payment system and had to wire them the money which they acknowledged receipt on 1/2/2013

submitted 12/26, haven't heard back.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Real Estate
Schools: Wharton - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
Maybe I lucked out - I had a new grad as my interviewer as well. She was professional throughout the conversation and it went very well without any feeling of there being a superiority complex. Now, granted, I am 30, so most likely older than you guys are, but because I had gotten another Master's before this, I'm at five years of work experience.

The problem with "picking" your interviewer, too, is that you don't want to be trying to get one person (out of the three they give you) and have the process drag on because the person doesn't get back to you for whatever reason. It was the holiday season, and I contacted all three of the interviewers and the first person who got back to me took about two weeks to get back to me. A second person got back to me three weeks after my email, and my interview had already taken place by then. I never heard from the third. So definitely be aware of all circumstances around the interview setup (including background of interviewer and timing), since it would probably work to your advantage to interview as soon as you can.

leodondon wrote:
mbaBoston2012 wrote:

Good luck!

Big big agree! got dinged last year because of exactly the same reason! Selected a fresh CBS MBA graduate...and bad chemistry from the beginning.....The interviewer acted a bit picky and unfriendly, kept talking about I was too young while I had over 4 years w/e last year.

Reapplied this year, but missed the ED round, waiting for interview invite.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Admitted yesterday!

Submitted: 11/29
Invited to Interview: 12/21
Interviewed: 1/8
Feedback Submitted: 1/9
Admitted: 1/22

Also had a recent grad interview, and I liked that because I felt like I could relate easily. He just went through the admissions process a few years ago, etc. Also, I can confirm that your status is updated after you receive the call from admissions.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [1]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Congrats on the admit. Now you have to decide if you can make it to NYC over the weekend of the Feb 15-16 for Columbia Connect. Don't forget to join the LinkedIn and Facebook groups. They're listed on the first page of this thread.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
Send PM
oof and now columbia sending out a dummy email to those who werent admitted yesterday asking you to schedule your interview lol ;( TWIST THE KNIFE
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
WE:Other (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Anyone who submitted around Scholarship deadline hear back yet? I submitted Jan 6th..silence since then.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Just received an interview invite! Submitted 12/24. Seems like there are differing opinions on whom I should pick for an interviewer. What was the interview like? Were there any curveball questions?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
msss wrote:
Just received an interview invite! Submitted 12/24. Seems like there are differing opinions on whom I should pick for an interviewer. What was the interview like? Were there any curveball questions?

Congratulations!!

It really is a crabshoot... My interviewer was a relatively recent grad working in the retail industry. The person was the first one on my list, and the interviewer responded to my e-mail quick so I fortunately did not have to look for other interviewers. (some people had trouble getting a hold of one in this stage) The interview was laid back and conversational, like most other interviews reported here. There were no curveball questions, just straight up Run Me Through Resume, Why MBA, Why CBS questions. I wasn't even asked the ethical dilemma question. Out of 45-50 minutes of time, I think first ten minutes was small talk regarding her industry, her region/market, etc. The last fifteen minutes were devoted to my questions.

I'd say the best way to pick your interviewer is to search on LinkedIn / internet and go for the one that you can identify the most with.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Just received an interview invite submitted 12/26.

Does anyone know if the interviewers get an e-mail sent to them after the 3 interviewers are determined for a candidate?

The reason I ask is I wanted at least 1 week to prep. I was planning on e-mailing them tomorrow if that is the case. If they don't receive any notice that I was selected for an interview by them, I wanted to e-mail them on Monday.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kudos
linsanity wrote:
Just received an interview invite submitted 12/26.

Does anyone know if the interviewers get an e-mail sent to them after the 3 interviewers are determined for a candidate?

The reason I ask is I wanted at least 1 week to prep. I was planning on e-mailing them tomorrow if that is the case. If they don't receive any notice that I was selected for an interview by them, I wanted to e-mail them on Monday.

Thanks!

They don't receive anything for just popping up in a zip code search result. you have to reach them out. Good luck!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Social Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.4
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Very excited! Submitted 12/29 and received an invite to interview today. It is very interesting that Columbia gives you a choice of who to interview with. All three names I received have impressive and interesting backgrounds, but all very different from what my goals are. Not sure how to make the decision, but I'll have to think on it more tonight. Thanks for everyone's advice on selecting the interviewer carefully!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
MBAGoTimeR2 wrote:
Very excited! Submitted 12/29 and received an invite to interview today. It is very interesting that Columbia gives you a choice of who to interview with. All three names I received have impressive and interesting backgrounds, but all very different from what my goals are. Not sure how to make the decision, but I'll have to think on it more tonight. Thanks for everyone's advice on selecting the interviewer carefully!

Submitted on the same day but still waiting... Congrats everyone who got an invite!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  57   58   59   60   61   62   63  ...  83   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts