Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 12:22 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 12:22

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V34
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Ross '15 (A$)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 115 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.7
WE:Sales (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: Kellogg (Northwestern) 2013 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
dreamchase wrote:
cali821 wrote:
So this just means mine hasn't been updated yet? Mine still shows...

Kellogg Status Check

All the required elements of your application are complete.

If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny). When a decision has been determined, the Office of Admissions will send you an email notifying you to check your status for your decision. Application decisions may be released on or before the decision deadline, but the majority of decisions will be released during the last few weeks of the round.

Can more people verify the status as unchanged as above? ^^

I am beginning to think that a status change as "could not determine" is an update leading to bad news.

Yes the status you quoted is being considered as unchanged.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
dreamchase wrote:
cali821 wrote:

Kellogg Status Check

If your interview has been completed, the application has been submitted for review to the admissions committee. If your interview has not been conducted, the application will be submitted to the admissions committee upon completion of the interview. The next status check update will be the admission decision (Admit, Waitlist or Deny). When a decision has been determined, the Office of Admissions will send you an email notifying you to check your status for your decision. Application decisions may be released on or before the decision deadline, but the majority of decisions will be released during the last few weeks of the round.

I am beginning to think that a status change as "could not determine" is an update leading to bad news.

I have the message, I am really hoping it does not mean bad news.....

Thank you for your interest in the Kellogg School of Management.

The system is unable to determine your current status, please contact the admissions office at 847-491-3308 or mbaadmissions@kellogg.northwestern.edu for more information.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Going by the history, all those whose status has been updated, it's a ding:

first (the guy got the same message)

forums.businessweek.com/discussions/BW_Business_Schools/_/_/bw-bschools/73673.1022

second (ding confirmed)
forums.businessweek.com/discussions/BW_Business_Schools/_/_/bw-bschools/73673.1042

it's a ding :(

Originally posted by satsriakal on 21 Mar 2013, 04:00.
Last edited by satsriakal on 21 Mar 2013, 04:02, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
googleguy wrote:
dreamchase wrote:
cali821 wrote:

Kellogg Status Check

Yes the status you quoted is being considered as unchanged.

I know this is the unchanged status. I had the same status last night. I meant are there more people with this unchanged status at this time?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 215 [1]
Given Kudos: 642
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: MIT Sloan - Class of 2015
WE:Consulting (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
Man, you guys are going to drive yourselves crazy :lol:! For what it's worth and for another data point, I checked mine and it says the system could not determine my status.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
The system is unable to determine your current status, please contact the admissions office at 847-491-3308 or mbaadmissions@kellogg.northwestern.edu for more information.

Why in the hell does somebody not pick up the phone and contact admissions for "more information" ??
I can't, I know. :roll:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cali821 wrote:

Kellogg Status Check

Cali821 - Is your status still the same?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Hate to fuel the fire but I just checked mine and the status remains unchanged ("All your materials have been submitted")

If people are looking for a correlation (not saying there's going to be one), perhaps we should all start posting what we think our odds are with the hopes that a trend will emerge.

For me, I'm on the fence about if I think it will be good or bad news. I worry a lot about my 680 GMAT but I felt the rest of my app was strong. I also walked out of the interview and went wine tasting with my interviewer... so I guess that's a positive sign, right?

I'm sure hoping no news is good news is the motto of the day again!!!!
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [0]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Expert Reply
dreamchase wrote:

Why in the hell does somebody not pick up the phone and contact admissions for "more information" ??
I can't, I know. :roll:

Because it's 6am there and no one will pick up the phone :P Good luck today, everyone!
Intern
Intern
Schools: Ross '15 (A$)
Send PM
satsriakal wrote:
cali821 wrote:

Kellogg Status Check

Yes - my status is still unchanged
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cali821 wrote:
satsriakal wrote:
cali821 wrote:

Kellogg Status Check

Yes - my status is still unchanged

Congratulations!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: Kellogg School of Management - Class of 2015
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
I feel bad adding fuel to the speculation fire, but my status is unchanged, if that helps anyone come to any 'conclusion'.

The whole thing is really strange though. Why telegraph the decision, whether good or bad, <12 hours prior to Kellogg's morning hours? I can understand if it was a third party system "leaking" info, but coming straight from Kellogg, it seems odd. Perhaps it really isn't correlated.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 610 Q42 V32
GMAT 2: 730 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.24
WE:Marketing (Retail)
Send PM
errrrr.. how does having no status change mean anything about an admit... Im sorry but Im trying to follow this thread and I havent understood this speculation at all
Manager
Manager
Send PM
In my heart, I know the status change is a bad news.

However, one plausible explanation could be that the status is being uploaded region-wise, hence the transit for some and not for others.
panama, ciprf, cali are all presumably US based.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GPA: 3.2
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
I'm showing this guys:

"The system is unable to determine your current status"

It ain't a ding till it's a ding guys. Keep in mind also that they have over 4000 applications to process. I'd imagine these updates are probably done in batches and are subject to change.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
Send PM
Kudos
Usually dings are sent with an email at the beginning of the day. Phone calls instead go on for the whole day.
For this reason updating first the applicants who have been dinged makes sense to me.
On the other side, I don't think recalling what happened some years ago makes sense, as this year all decisions are released the same day.
As there are thousands of applicants, they might process the updated status in batches, and this can explain why everybody is getting - sooner or later - the same message.
In any case, best of luck to all of you, especially the ones who are waiting for their first admission letter.
As regards myself, I am already oriented towards another school so a ding would just avoid any challenging decision process.
Cheers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [9]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Marketing (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
I think one of the most pointlessly annoying and irritating things one can do right now is speculate all over the place, and start congratulating others based on a (possible) trend from 5 years ago. If this were really true, what happened in the next 4 years- Anyone on that?

So be kind and stop raising hopes of others by congratulating them, when deep in your heart you're keeping your fingers crossed and hoping that it really doesn't mean anything till an official communication from K. It's not good for anyone, this pointless speculation.

Originally posted by Geronimoshere on 21 Mar 2013, 04:31.
Last edited by Geronimoshere on 21 Mar 2013, 04:48, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  57   58   59   60   61   62   63  ...  76   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts