Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:31 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:31

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Other, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [6]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Other, Nonprofit
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: CBS '15 (I)
Send PM
Re: Columbia 2013 (CBS) - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
My interview report was submitted April 10th, and still no response from Columbia. Anyone here have any idea how much longer I should wait before attempting to contact the school? Anyone in a similar to me?
The CBS website FAQs says they aim for two weeks response time after interview is completed, it's been a bit longer than that and I am as jittery and anxious as can be.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 620 Q42 V34
GMAT 2: 680 Q42 V41
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Hi everyone,

Generic question. For Columbia's short answer question in their application, they ask...

"What is your immediate post-MBA professional goal? (200 characters maximum)"

My question is...do spaces count as characters? If they do, is it ok to exceed these characters and have about 220 with spaces?

Thanks!!

rkq2112 wrote:
My interview report was submitted April 10th, and still no response from Columbia. Anyone here have any idea how much longer I should wait before attempting to contact the school? Anyone in a similar to me?
The CBS website FAQs says they aim for two weeks response time after interview is completed, it's been a bit longer than that and I am as jittery and anxious as can be.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
jpd5044 wrote:
Hi everyone,

Generic question. For Columbia's short answer question in their application, they ask...

"What is your immediate post-MBA professional goal? (200 characters maximum)"

My question is...do spaces count as characters? If they do, is it ok to exceed these characters and have about 220 with spaces?

Thanks!!

rkq2112 wrote:

I tried unsuccessfully to go back to my application to check for you, but sometimes you have to answer that question in a box (vs uploaded word doc) where they physically won't allow you to go over 200 characters. If I recall, for most applications I did, spaces did count as a character.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Hey guys,
How is the scene for the Waitlisters ? Any one hear about being pushed to J-Term yet ? As for that matter, any J-Term 2015 lurkers here ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
anyone who start verification ever hear back that it was completed? do they do so?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
old1442 wrote:
anyone who start verification ever hear back that it was completed? do they do so?

Nope. They emailed me with questions, I responded then nothing. I'm assuming no more follow-up and nobody from Columbia calling me says that everything is good.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 96
Send PM
mappleby wrote:
old1442 wrote:

Nope. They emailed me with questions, I responded then nothing. I'm assuming no more follow-up and nobody from Columbia calling me says that everything is good.

Good to know. Just want to make sure I'm not the only one...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 88 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GPA: 2.99
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
old1442 wrote:
mappleby wrote:
old1442 wrote:

Good to know. Just want to make sure I'm not the only one...

Old, I thought you were going to Stern? Maybe I made that up. Well good to hear you'll be coming to CBS! I'm in the same boat as Mappleby, I was contacted with a question a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. I think it's probably good not to hear anything. Side note, took a look at the pre MBA course today, that math section is going to be no fun for me. :?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 132 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.03
WE:Project Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I haven't used accounting since I took 1 accounting class in 2006 so I'm taking the online module for that now. It's slow going but good. Took the business language test without any prep and passed, mostly basic stuff if you follow any financial news you should be good. I haven't tried the math test yet or the Excel stuff.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V43
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
Dakells wrote:
Old, I thought you were going to Stern? Maybe I made that up. Well good to hear you'll be coming to CBS! I'm in the same boat as Mappleby, I was contacted with a question a few weeks ago and haven't heard anything since. I think it's probably good not to hear anything. Side note, took a look at the pre MBA course today, that math section is going to be no fun for me. :?

FYI for the pre-MBA stuff I took a lot of time studying the prep materials they had for one of them, then found the test to be extremely easy. I went on to easily pass the rest of the tests w/o study. This may have changed from previous years, but maybe its worth taking a shot at it without studying just to save yourself some time. I think you get at least 2 shots at passing each one.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72886 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived 'Calling All CBS Applicants' Topic
Hi there,
You've reached an old 'Calling All CBS Applicants' discussion which is now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Looking for the latest discussion? Check out this up-to-date Calling All CBS Applicants Discussion for the most recent conversations on this topic.
Interested in more from this school? Visit our dedicated CBS Forum to dive into all things related to CBS's MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  72   73   74   75   76   77   78   79   80   81   82   83 
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts