Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:48 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [4]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 660 Q44 V38
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 3117 [1]
Given Kudos: 116
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4053 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Re: Which companies hire international students? [#permalink]
Hi AbhiJ - I've added one in the consulting group.

What about Citigroup/Deutsche Bank/Credit Suisse/Barclays - don't these banks provide H1 B authorization for Internationals ? And I think in the Technology sector, firms such as Google/Microsoft/Apple/Oracle/IBM etc should be in the list. Thoughts?

BTW,do you have any update on other sectors as follows -

• Media/Entertainment
• Health Care/Pharma/Biotech
• Consumer Goods/Retail
• Manufacturing
• Real Estate
• Telecom
• Non-Profit/Gov’t

P.S: Do we have anybody from our club who have worked/ are working or willing to work and have extensive research on any of the above segments ?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 628 [0]
Given Kudos: 192
Send PM
bagdbmba wrote:
Hi AbhiJ - I've added one in the consulting group.

What about Citigroup/Morgan Stanley/Deutsche Bank/Credit Suisse/Barclays - don't these banks provide H1 B authorization for Internationals ? And I think in the Technology sector, firms such as Google/Microsoft/Apple/Oracle/IBM etc should be in the list. Thoughts?

BTW,do you have any update on other sectors as follows -

• Media/Entertainment
• Health Care/Pharma/Biotech
• Consumer Goods/Retail
• Manufacturing
• Real Estate
• Telecom
• Non-Profit/Gov’t

P.S: Do we have anybody from our club who have worked/ are working or willing to work and have extensive research on any of the above segments ?

Regarding Technology companies have heard that people from Stanford, Berkeley go to Google. However not sure about others as to how many MBA they hire. Believe likes of MSFT, IBM, Oracle would prefer someone who has a MS in CS over MBA.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4053 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
What about other banks that I've mentioned ? Don't they provide H1B?

P.S: I think this could be best answered if we can get some international GMAT Clubbers who're now b-school alums and working in US.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72855 [8]
Given Kudos: 18857
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
I have done some googling and found a decent list:

https://www.visasquare.com/top-h1b-visa- ... /companies - this lists number of applications by company (not necessarily MBA applicants but many top employers are here and the list is MASSIVE)

Also, here is another list: https://www.myvisajobs.com/Reports/2012- ... onsor.aspx
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1172 [1]
Given Kudos: 43
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Send PM
Kudos
Let me pitch in here as well with my 2 cents.

1) I think Accenture doesn't sponsor H1-B, and non-profits do that very less too.

2) Consulting companies do sponsor, but they have target B-Schools and rarely hire outside that

3) So the good news is that, if you're trying to find a foothold in IT sector with some marketing experience as well, there should be companies in Bay area/West COast that would hire internationals for roles such as Product Management. All the same, mostly those companies are looking for PhDs for their R&D work, and MBAs can complement them very well.

4) Another area to look out for is the Business Analytics, especially if you have quant background/interest. This is a growing area and might have a lot of demand in the coming days.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [4]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Apart from the regular suspects (consulting firms, technogy companies, big banks, MNCs in various industries) that have a well-defined MBA recruitment process, there are several companies that may not figure prominently on bschool websites.

These companies may not even have a regular MBA recruiting calendar. But for the right candidate with the relevant skills (specially those with a strong overlap with the position they are trying to fill), they'd be willing to go the extra distance and apply for a work-permit, not just in the US, but in other countries as well.

It becomes tougher for folks trying to manage a complete career change i.e. industry, role and geography.

On a related note, QS TopMBA.com published a pretty detailed report on placements and salary trends.

If you don't have the patience to go through the huge file with tons of statistics and graphs, here's a summary of the salary ranges for MBA jobs and the placement trends.

Here's a little behind-the-scenes tip.

Though schools seem to take credit for the placements in their brochures, it's often the leg-work, networking and research of the student that finally bears fruit.

Use the historical placement reports and lists for reference, but take the ownership of getting placed in your own hands.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
bb wrote:
I have done some googling and found a decent list:

https://www.visasquare.com/top-h1b-visa- ... /companies - this lists number of applications by company (not necessarily MBA applicants but many top employers are here and the list is MASSIVE)

Also, here is another list: https://www.myvisajobs.com/Reports/2012- ... onsor.aspx

Thank you bb. It contains all segments availing H1B but as you said it doesn't segregate the MBAs...! It'd have been much better if we could get it for the MBAs only.

I've found this one(although it's from 2012 data) also that specifies our requirement at least on the Tech side.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
subhashghosh wrote:
Let me pitch in here as well with my 2 cents.

1) I think Accenture doesn't sponsor H1-B, and non-profits do that very less too.

2) Consulting companies do sponsor, but they have target B-Schools and rarely hire outside that

3) So the good news is that, if you're trying to find a foothold in IT sector with some marketing experience as well, there should be companies in Bay area/West COast that would hire internationals for roles such as Product Management. All the same, mostly those companies are looking for PhDs for their R&D work, and MBAs can complement them very well.

4) Another area to look out for is the Business Analytics, especially if you have quant background/interest. This is a growing area and might have a lot of demand in the coming days.

Hi,
Well, actually I heard that Accenture does. Although I'm not 100% sure as don't work for it but there are some of my friends/acquaintances in Accenture and from 'em I got to know it.

As per the links posted above, I think most of the H1B goes with Product Management for Accenture Tech side and the rest with its business consulting side as you say for the role of Business Analyst and/or BD.

You have a PM.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Thank you Sameer for your sharing the summary of the *big* QS report and your valuable thoughts.

Could you please bring in to the table the specifics of the companies (I mean which firms) of different sectors as mentioned in the thread - at least for the sectors where you've some direct information.

P.S: I've shared somewhat on the Tech side.

MBACrystalBall wrote:
Apart from the regular suspects (consulting firms, technogy companies, big banks, MNCs in various industries) that have a well-defined MBA recruitment process, there are several companies that may not figure prominently on bschool websites.

These companies may not even have a regular MBA recruiting calendar. But for the right candidate with the relevant skills (specially those with a strong overlap with the position they are trying to fill), they'd be willing to go the extra distance and apply for a work-permit, not just in the US, but in other countries as well.

It becomes tougher for folks trying to manage a complete career change i.e. industry, role and geography.

On a related note, QS TopMBA.com published a pretty detailed report on placements and salary trends.

If you don't have the patience to go through the huge file with tons of statistics and graphs, here's a summary of the salary ranges for MBA jobs and the placement trends.

Here's a little behind-the-scenes tip.

Though schools seem to take credit for the placements in their brochures, it's often the leg-work, networking and research of the student that finally bears fruit.

Use the historical placement reports and lists for reference, but take the ownership of getting placed in your own hands.
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 494 [7]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos