Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:08 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [4]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Sustainability, General Management
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.48
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
Re: Ask Tuck at Dartmouth Admissions [#permalink]
Hello,

Thank you for fielding admissions questions for Tuck.

I was wondering if you could offer any insight as to how people approach the Global Exposure/travel outside your home country write-up. Personally, as someone from the US, I have not completed any travel aside from a couple of short trips to Canada. That said, I do love to travel, and have done so in the United States, but I don't have any notable international travel experiences to date. I view Tuck as an opportunity to make that travel happen.

The above considered, do applicants generally outline their past travel experiences and that is it, or would it be appropriate to explain that I look forward to putting a new foot forward by traveling with Tuck? I did not know if it was frowned-upon to go somewhat beyond the scope of the question.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you have to offer.

Trenton
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Tuck '22
Send PM
Expert Reply
tgaucher wrote:
Hello,

I was wondering if you could offer any insight as to how people approach the Global Exposure/travel outside your home country write-up. Personally, as someone from the US, I have not completed any travel aside from a couple of short trips to Canada. That said, I do love to travel, and have done so in the United States, but I don't have any notable international travel experiences to date. I view Tuck as an opportunity to make that travel happen.

The above considered, do applicants generally outline their past travel experiences and that is it, or would it be appropriate to explain that I look forward to putting a new foot forward by traveling with Tuck? I did not know if it was frowned-upon to go somewhat beyond the scope of the question.

Trenton

Hello Trenton,

Thank you for your question and for your interest in Tuck.

The question regarding global exposure is intended to provide some insight into your international experience, which may include personal and business travel abroad, study abroad and fluency in a foreign language. If you do not have much experience to point to, no worries! Be sure to mention your travel to Canada, as well as any languages you speak. You may also feel free to mention that you are excited to expand your global experience while at Tuck. It's important to keep in mind that this is just one aspect of your overall candidacy.

Best,
Nancy Granada
Tuck Admissions
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.48
WE:Consulting (Accounting)
Send PM
ngranada wrote:
tgaucher wrote:
Hello,

Trenton

Hello Trenton,

Thank you for your question and for your interest in Tuck.

The question regarding global exposure is intended to provide some insight into your international experience, which may include personal and business travel abroad, study abroad and fluency in a foreign language. If you do not have much experience to point to, no worries! Be sure to mention your travel to Canada, as well as any languages you speak. You may also feel free to mention that you are excited to expand your global experience while at Tuck. It's important to keep in mind that this is just one aspect of your overall candidacy.

Best,
Nancy Granada
Tuck Admissions

Thank you for your prompt response, Nancy. That is very helpful.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hello,

If we have submitted our official GMAT score reports to Tuck, should we see the test score automatically reflected in the online application portal under "test scores"? I submitted mine back in May so I want to make sure that Tuck has received my score in time for my EA application.

Thank you
Send PM
Expert Reply
R1Hopeful wrote:
Hello,

If we have submitted our official GMAT score reports to Tuck, should we see the test score automatically reflected in the online application portal under "test scores"? I submitted mine back in May so I want to make sure that Tuck has received my score in time for my EA application.

Thank you

Hello!

Thank you for your message and for your interest in Tuck! The applicant will not see the test score automatically reflected on their online application. Once we have processed their application the applicant will see the status of their test scores as well as other supporting materials change to received. We should begin processing later this week or the first of next week.

Best,
Tuck Admissions
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi Team,
I am in a bit of a pickle here. I gave my GMAT in July and have sent the Official scores to Tuck. But I wanted to improve my scores and booked a slot in August. But due to my travel plans and permanent move to South Africa, I had to submit my passport for visa processing. Since it takes around 2 months for them to return the passport, I had to postpone my exam date. Now I have scheduled the next test date on 28th Sept and I am hoping that I will receive my passport by then. So here is the problem, my new Official score report won't make it to Tuck on time for the first EA round (5 OCT). It is possible that I can submit my Unofficial Score in the application.?
Tuck is my first choice and I really want to submit my application in the first EA round.
Many Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Hi
I wanted to to know if Tuck allows visiting without the interview.I have just started working on my applications and not prepared for the interview at this stage. I'm an international applicant and this time is suitable for me to visit. May not get the chance later due to work commitments.
Send PM
Expert Reply
rollercoastermba wrote:
Hi
I wanted to to know if Tuck allows visiting without the interview.I have just started working on my applications and not prepared for the interview at this stage. I'm an international applicant and this time is suitable for me to visit. May not get the chance later due to work commitments.

Hello rollercoastermba -- due to the very limited capacity we have for visits and interviews at the height of the recruitment season, we typically do not accommodate visits without an interview between September and April. We may occasionally make exceptions to this if there are extenuating circumstances. Please feel free to email the admissions office at tuck.admissions@tuck.dartmouth.edu to inquire about options for visiting.
Send PM
Expert Reply
ashishvit52 wrote:
Hi Team,
I am in a bit of a pickle here. I gave my GMAT in July and have sent the Official scores to Tuck. But I wanted to improve my scores and booked a slot in August. But due to my travel plans and permanent move to South Africa, I had to submit my passport for visa processing. Since it takes around 2 months for them to return the passport, I had to postpone my exam date. Now I have scheduled the next test date on 28th Sept and I am hoping that I will receive my passport by then. So here is the problem, my new Official score report won't make it to Tuck on time for the first EA round (5 OCT). It is possible that I can submit my Unofficial Score in the application.?
Tuck is my first choice and I really want to submit my application in the first EA round.
Many Thanks.

Hello @ashishvit52--your "official" GMAT score report needs to be submitted in order for your application to be considered for round in which you are applying.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hi,
I am 29 yr old and currently serving in the Indian Army as a Major with 07 years of Infantry experience. I secured a GMAT score of 660 and have completed my B.Tech in Information Technology with a 8.0/10 GPA. I know my GMAT score is low in respect to the average score of Tuck, but I have immense experience on ground as an officer leading my men from the front in ops with a zero casualty rate. I have also performed quite well in my Army courses and I am currently posted as an Instructor in one of the prestigious school of training in Army.
I want to know what are my chances of getting in Tuck with current score and profile?
Thanking you in anticipation. :-)
P.S. I will be working to improve on my score for sure.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72874 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived Tuck Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our Tuck Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated Tuck Forum for all fresh things related to the Tuck MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts