Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:30 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [6]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [2]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Oxford (Said) MBA Admission and Related Blogs! [#permalink]
FROM Whiplasher - Current Student: Summer Term: Weeks One and Two (summer electives)
As mentioned earlier, I decided to stay back in Oxford to work on a strategic consulting project (SCP). However my team and I decided to take a week off before starting the project so that we could recover from the end of the Trinity term. There is still quite a bit of activity at the business school as the first of the two elective sessions took place during the first two weeks of the summer term (The second session will take place during the last two weeks). Some interesting electives were being offered and I decided to audit a couple of the courses. The electives are taken along with the executive MBA’s and it is an interesting experience. In keeping with the theme of my last two posts, I am including my impressions of the two electives.

Private Equity: Private Equity was also offered as an elective during the Trinity term. The course takes place over the first two weeks and the content is identical to the one in the regular term. The only difference is in the assignments, which are slightly less rigorous. Hence if you are interested in learning about Private Equity but are not a quant, taking the course in summer may be worth considering. T Be warned that the professor is quite a critic of the business practices in the PE industry and if you are looking for cheerleading of the industry, you will be disappointed. On the other hand, there is quite a lot to be critical of and even though I have no interest in doing PE, I found the course to be quite informative. The professor is excellent and the guest speakers were quite good. Highly Recommended.

Business in Africa: Business in Africa is a summer only elective. I decided to audit the course as I had heard many excellent reviews of the Business in China elective that ran in the Trinity term. This course was not as well received. Though we had an expert on the subject, the course needs more work. The first few lectures were good, but each subsequent lecture declined in quality. Since it is the first year this course is being run, I am hopeful that it will be improved upon. One interesting point in the course was that there were certain moments at which I felt that the knowledge I had acquired in other courses was coming together nicely during this course. For instance, we had a lecture on the private equity industry in Africa and I found the concepts learned in the PE elective to be quite useful. Another lecture involved looking at Walmart’s expansion in Africa, and we used frameworks from the Strategy core course to analyze the case.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Whiplasher - Current Student: Summer Term: Weeks Three to Six (scp, job hunting)
It’s been a while since I have posted and I have a lot of ground to make up (The 2014-2015 class kicked off their pre-course this week!). I hope to catch up and wrap up within the next two weeks, so stay tuned.

Strategic Consulting Project

Got started with the SCP and it looks quite challenging. The project is centred around the multi-channel capabilities of UK based retailers. Multi-channel refers to the multiple ways in which consumers get information and eventually shop for products. Most consumers expect retailers to support this and retailers have been scrambling to respond. Hence we are trying to figure out which retailer is doing it the right way and who needs to catch up. As part of the project, we are frequently attend meetings with Gartner analysts and with experts in the retailing sector and this is quite exhausting and time consuming. There are also tons of academic papers and research reports to digest. We are also relying very heavily on classmates who have retailing experience (great way to get all the dumb questions out of the way). Oxford is home to the Oxford Institute of Retail Management and we are leveraging their expertise as well. One thing that has become clear is that there is going to be little or no time to job hunt. Hence if you think the SCP will afford you a lot of time for job hunting, think again. Nearly every SCP team that I have spoken to has been surprised by the intensity of the project. There is also a presentation and a report of 15,000 words that you will need to submit as part of the SCP evaluation process. This may or may not be separate from what you will submit to the project sponsor and will vary from project to project.

Job Hunting

I have had a few emails from prospective students asking me about job prospects post MBA. It’s a fair question given that most of us quit stable jobs and come here with the expectation that our careers will get a boost. Well I have to say that I have been disappointed by the small number of employers who visited campus this year. Things started off well during the first term, but then it tapered off during the next two terms. I would have expected the opposite as recruiting generally picks up as you get closer to graduation. Now I have to note that the following observations apply to the middle 80% of the class. If you are in the top 10%, you will have no trouble finding a job and if you are in the bottom 10%, you will struggle no matter what the school does. Also if you are interested in consulting, you don’t have to worry as most of the big names (Mckinsey, BCG, Deloitte, ATK, LEK) will visit the school. SBS is also quite strong in entrepreneurship and in the social sector. But for everyone else, it is quite hard. Apart from Amazon, which recruits at pretty much every business school in Europe, we really have not had any big names visit. What’s disappointing is that most employers will visit Oxford and hire the undergrads but not the MBA’s. Right now we are about four weeks from graduation and I would estimate that around 10% of the class have jobs. To some extent this is due to the diverse class profile. A sizeable percent of the class, especially those from the USA, Canada, New Zealand, and Australia want to return to their home countries and look for jobs there. It’s typically the Europeans and the Indians who are looking for jobs in the UK and in Europe right now. The visa issue is also a major problem as many jobs will require that you have work authorization to even apply. This was an issue even with some employers such as Uber, and Wipro who visited the school to recruit. Some of these issues are not the school’s fault but the school is doing precious little to address issues that are within its control. For those looking without the school’s help, having someone inside the company who can refer you is pretty much the only way to get an interview. Hence if you know people who are currently in a company that you would like to work for, I would advise you to start networking with them as soon as possible. If you dont know anyone, you will have to network hard once you get here. I also think it’s wise to apply to the consulting companies who visit the school even if you have no interest in being a consultant. First, you will have a good backup plan if all else fails and second, you will gain some valuable interviewing practice. Consulting companies recruit fairly early and the case interview format that they use is also used by every MBA employer out there and hence, the sooner you prepare for it the better. I will have more thoughts on the jobs situation in future posts.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Whiplasher - Current Student: Summer Term: Weeks Seven to Ten
Job Hunting:

Got my first interview of the year and it was such a relief to finally kickoff the job hunt. I’m interested in Product Manager roles and was interviewed by a small company in Cambridge. I cleared the technical phone interview and was invited for an onsite interview. The trip to Cambridge takes close to four hours by bus and I was exhausted when I got there. The interviewers was conducted in a very friendly manner and I felt that it would be a good place to work. Unfortunately I was unable to clear the on-site interview. The behavioural portion of the interview was fine, but there were some technical aspects of the interview that I was a bit rusty on. Furthermore, I was also quite rusty on the case frameworks and has not prepared adequately for this part of the interview and hence was not strong in this area. I will reiterate the advice that I have given in the past – Prepare for case interviews even if you have zero interest in consulting! If I had followed the case framework for the business case that they gave me, my answer would definitely have been stronger. Nevertheless, it was a good learning experience and the feedback that they gave me was very helpful and I now know on which areas I need to improve. Apart from this one interview, the SCP was so demanding that I was not able to devote much time to look for jobs. I will have to restart once I graduate.

Strategic Consulting Project:

Speaking of the SCP, this ended on a rather disappointing note. After telling us that we were doing well and that we were on the right track, Gartner said that the final report was not upto their expectations. This was after giving us a challenging and cryptic project mandate and then failing to help us at the final stage when we were stuck because most retail executives that we needed to interview were on holiday. They then refused to pay the meagre amount of 1000 pounds for six weeks for work because they were not ‘mesmerized’ by our final report. It’s puzzling why they chose to act in this way, but unfortunately there is little that my team can do apart from warning any MBA’s from working with them. Fortunately our SCP grade will not be affected as the evaluation is on the presentation to the school along with a 15,000 word report and is independent of the company’s opinion. Overall, I still think that the SCP represents the best learning opportunity for MBA’s. Obviously if you are offered an internship at a company that could turn into a job, you should take it. But if you are deciding between the electives and the SCP, if you have a good team you should do the SCP. If there are elective that you really want to attend, you can do as I did and pick an SCP that is based in Oxford and audit the electives. I learned a lot about myself during the SCP. In particular they were areas that I now know that I need to improve on as a teammate and leader and hence I do not regret doing the SCP, although I really wish we had picked Quandoo (another SCP option) rather than Gartner.

Capstone:

Capstone is a weeklong affair that is one big party and it’s really just a chance to say goodbye to all the friends that you made over the last one year. Capstone week culminates in a (fake) graduation ceremony that is typically held at the Sheldonian Theater. The official graduation ceremony is usually held in April-May of 2015 and it’s done by your college and not by the business school. Furthermore, most SBS grads will return to their home countries once they finish the course and hence the business school arranges a separate ceremony in the middle of September in order to enable everyone to attend and ‘graduate’ together. The commencement was held in the afternoon and in the evening we were invited to a black tie dinner at the University club. It was a fitting end to an amazing year and though everyone is sad that it has come to an end, there was a lot of excitement/anticipation at the thought of what the future holds for all of us.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Whiplasher - Current Student: Post MBA: Week Six Mini Update
It’s now been exactly six weeks since the graduation ceremony that was held at the Sheldonian and I think it’s a good time to give a mini update on where things stand.

Housing

If you are planning to stay back and look for jobs after graduation, your first dilemma will center around your post graduation location i.e Oxford or London. There are pros and cons to either location and you should make the decision based on your situation. My initial impulse was to stick around in Oxford as it would have been much more convenient to move  my things to another location in Oxford. Furthermore, I would have been able to use the library and other facilities in the business school. However, I found that it was really difficult to find short term housing in Oxford, and I reluctantly abandoned my plans to stay there.

I eventually wound up moving to South London with three of my classmates. London is more expensive than Oxford but it does have a few advantages. Oxford is very different from the outside world and after a year there, you can find yourself in a bubble. Moving to London in some ways feels like moving back into the real world and this can be useful in the job search process. I am also able to attend events and network with product managers in London by attending Meetups and I do not think it would have been as easy if I did not live here. The last reason may seem trivial, but it’s also an opportunity to live in London for a while and experience what the city has to offer.

I would say that in terms of numbers, approximately 20 students from my class chose to stay back in Oxford, while around 50 or so moved to London. The London numbers also include those who found work and hence moved there to begin their jobs.

Job Hunting

In the past six weeks, I have had three job interviews. One did not lead to an offer, while I am still in the interview process and waiting to hear back from the other two. The visa issue is frustrating as there have been three other companies in the UK that wanted to interview me but could not as they would have been unable to sponsor my work visa. I have had pretty good results applying to technology companies in Berlin. This is probably very specific advice to those looking to work at technology companies, but as Berlin is trying to establish itself as a hub for technological entrepreneurship in Europe, there do seem to be some opportunities there.

I have been speaking to my Indian classmates who are here looking for jobs and the good news is that many seems to be getting invitations to interview and are hopeful of receiving job offers. The economic climate has improved and things do seem to be better for our class than the batch before us. However, it is also true that a few have left and returned to India as they did not feel that their prospects were good. The standard for most business schools is to report the employment numbers three months after graduation. Hence I think it would be premature to pass judgement until then. I will give a jobs update in mid December and hopefully a clearer picture will emerge.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Whiplasher - Current Student: Post MBA: Two Month Update
Many of my classmates and I have been receiving queries from MBA aspirants who are interested in applying to SBS. The questions are usually focussed on the career opportunities after graduating from Oxford. This is understandable as many of them plan to take on massive amounts of debt and cannot repay them unless they obtain employment in the UK/EU.

It’s very difficult to give a good answer to these questions as it really depends on a range of factors. The individual’s background is a factor, the position that they are attempting to shift into is a factor, the macroeconomic picture (which no one can predict, so please stop asking!) is a factor. I honestly feel that the best way to answer these questions is to look at the careers report of the business school. However, SBS will not update the report of this year’s class until April/May 2015 which is rather late. There is also the issue that the report is an average and does not break down the statistics by nationality, visa status etc.

Therefore, I have compiled a small report on the careers situation this year. I have done this by looking at LinkedIn profile updates and by talking to my classmates. I have restricted the report to the Indians in the class, but it’s representative of any nationality that requires visa sponsorship to work in the UK or EU. These numbers are not 100% accurate as I am sure there are a few who have received offers and have not made it public yet.

The sample size was approximately 45 students. I have only considered those who were interested in working in the UK. Some left right after graduating because they wanted to pursue opportunities in India and thus I am not considering them in this report. The 15% that you see in the chart are those who were pessimistic about finding jobs here and then left. Most of those who are employed, are working in the consulting sector.

The purpose of this report is to to accurately represent the situation here. Many seem to think that Oxford MBA graduates will have no trouble finding jobs but this is simply not the case. There is a lot of hard work required to find any job, let alone a dream job. I should note that almost everyone who is still here is interviewing with at least one company, hence I expect these numbers to improve in a month’s time. I will update these numbers at that time.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Whiplasher - Current Student: Post MBA: Week Six Mini Update
It’s now been exactly six weeks since the graduation ceremony that was held at the Sheldonian and I think it’s a good time to give a mini update on where things stand.

Housing

If you are planning to stay back and look for jobs after graduation, your first dilemma will center around your post graduation location i.e Oxford or London. There are pros and cons to either location and you should make the decision based on your situation. My initial impulse was to stick around in Oxford as it would have been much more convenient to move  my things to another location in Oxford. Furthermore, I would have been able to use the library and other facilities in the business school. However, I found that it was really difficult to find short term housing in Oxford, and I reluctantly abandoned my plans to stay there.

I eventually wound up moving to South London with three of my classmates. London is more expensive than Oxford but it does have a few advantages. Oxford is very different from the outside world and after a year there, you can find yourself in a bubble. Moving to London in some ways feels like moving back into the real world and this can be useful in the job search process. I am also able to attend events and network with product managers in London by attending Meetups and I do not think it would have been as easy if I did not live here. The last reason may seem trivial, but it’s also an opportunity to live in London for a while and experience what the city has to offer.

I would say that in terms of numbers, approximately 20 students from my class chose to stay back in Oxford, while around 50 or so moved to London. The London numbers also include those who found work and hence moved there to begin their jobs.

Job Hunting

In the past six weeks, I have had three job interviews. One did not lead to an offer, while I am still in the interview process and waiting to hear back from the other two. The visa issue is frustrating as there have been three other companies in the UK that wanted to interview me but could not as they would have been unable to sponsor my work visa. I have had pretty good results applying to technology companies in Berlin. This is probably very specific advice to those looking to work at technology companies, but as Berlin is trying to establish itself as a hub for technological entrepreneurship in Europe, there do seem to be some opportunities there.

I have been speaking to my Indian classmates who are here looking for jobs and the good news is that many seems to be getting invitations to interview and are hopeful of receiving job offers. The economic climate has improved and things do seem to be better for our class than the batch before us. However, it is also true that a few have left and returned to India as they did not feel that their prospects were good. The standard for most business schools is to report the employment numbers three months after graduation. Hence I think it would be premature to pass judgement until then. I will give a jobs update in mid December and hopefully a clearer picture will emerge.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Whiplasher - Current Student: Post MBA: Two Month Update
Many of my classmates and I have been receiving queries from MBA aspirants who are interested in applying to SBS. The questions are usually focussed on the career opportunities after graduating from Oxford. This is understandable as many of them plan to take on massive amounts of debt and cannot repay them unless they obtain employment in the UK/EU.

It’s very difficult to give a good answer to these questions as it really depends on a range of factors. The individual’s background is a factor, the position that they are attempting to shift into is a factor, the macroeconomic picture (which no one can predict, so please stop asking!) is a factor. I honestly feel that the best way to answer these questions is to look at the careers report of the business school. However, SBS will not update the report of this year’s class until April/May 2015 which is rather late. There is also the issue that the report is an average and does not break down the statistics by nationality, visa status etc.

Therefore, I have compiled a small report on the careers situation this year. I have done this by looking at LinkedIn profile updates and by talking to my classmates. I have restricted the report to the Indians in the class, but it’s representative of any nationality that requires visa sponsorship to work in the UK or EU. These numbers are not 100% accurate as I am sure there are a few who have received offers and have not made it public yet.

The sample size was approximately 45 students. I have only considered those who were interested in working in the UK. Some left right after graduating because they wanted to pursue opportunities in India and thus I am not considering them in this report. The 15% that you see in the chart are those who were pessimistic about finding jobs here and then left. Most of those who are employed, are working in the consulting sector.

The purpose of this report is to to accurately represent the situation here. Many seem to think that Oxford MBA graduates will have no trouble finding jobs but this is simply not the case. There is a lot of hard work required to find any job, let alone a dream job. I should note that almost everyone who is still here is interviewing with at least one company, hence I expect these numbers to improve in a month’s time. I will update these numbers at that time.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
FROM Whiplasher - Current Student: Blog Statistics
This blog crossed 2000 views in December and I’m quite pleased about it. It may not have quite matched the readership of other MBA blogs, but given that the MBA program at Oxford is quite small when compared to others, it’s to be expected.

I thought it might be interesting to share some numbers on where the readers/views of this blog come from. So without further ado, here they are.

It’s not surprising that the majority of the views come from India and the USA as they are the two largest blocks in the student body. The UK coming in third does surprise me as they are typically an extremely small percentage of the class. There must be a few readers in the current class or alums living in the UK who have contributed to that number. The rest of the numbers are in line with what I would have expected.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Whiplasher - Current Student: Post MBA: Seven Month Update
It has been a fairly long time since I have posted here, but I definitely did not want to sign off without giving readers a quick update on my personal situation. I had a couple of job leads from Silicon MilkRoundabout that I converted into interviews where I performed quite well. However, in the end, both companies were unable to sponsor me for a visa and I had to return to India in February after working for one of these companies for two months until my visa expired. I definitely would have liked to work in London for awhile, but it is hard for smaller companies to navigate the visa process and you definitely do not get enough time after graduation for the job search as the hiring process pretty much shuts down in December. I have however made the transition in role that I was hoping to get out of the MBA as I found a job as a Product Manager at a rapidly growing technology company in India.

I have received a few requests for an update to the career statistics for Indian students (without work authorization) that I posted back in November. The same caveats and limitations that I referenced in that post apply here as well. In addition, as I relied a lot on LinkedIn and since I know many students have not yet updated their LinkedIn profiles, I have tried to verify their job status through other sources. In many cases I was unable to do so and hence I added these to the “Not Sure” category.

These numbers are just a rough indicator. Please do not make a decision on whether to attend Oxford based on them alone. Make sure you contact alums who are in jobs that you aspire to be in and ask them for advice. In addition, the school should be releasing their official career report soon so keep an eye out for that as well.

I don’t really have any concrete plans for this blog going forward, so please feel free to leave comments on what I should write about. One thought I had was to maybe interview classmates who found jobs in the UK on their job search strategies. Once I have more work experience, I may also do a post on how the MBA in helping/hurting me in my role as PM.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
FROM mybjourney - Current Student: Acing the Argument Analysis
I have been approached a number of times recently with GMAT aspirants asking for the best strategy to score well in the AWA section. I admit I did not invest much time in this section during my GMAT preparation, which in itself was pretty hurried with. I would read few sample argument essays to get a gist of how the essays should be structured, but that was it. But towards the end of my preparation, it started to worry me that I had ignored the section completely. Was I getting too overconfident? I do not know. I wanted to focus on my weak areas more, but felt it was pertinent to read from the experience of previous test takers as to what a strong argument looks like.

Research on net on sample AWA led me to this post on GMATClub. A test taker had shared his strategy a few years back, which has now been popularly known as ‘chineseburned method’, after this username! I found it extremely resourceful and practiced a couple of times during the week before the test. I would also get my write-up reviewed by my friends who had taken the GMAT earlier.

Below is a brilliant infographic of the same, for easy reference. Take a print out and stick it on your desk for quick recap when you are taking a break from your prep!

Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with the template / chineseburned, nor have been asked by anyone to endorse the same. I found it extremely helpful during my preparation and want to share with others.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM mybjourney - Current Student: 100 days
That is exactly the number of days before the orientation for MBA class of 2016 begins at Oxford. Hell yeah! It’s all been happening so fast I’m sure these 100 days are also going to fly past in a jiffy. Before I know I’ll be walking through the gates of the hallowed institution with a dazed look and nervous footsteps, towards what shall be my abode for the next year and a brand for the rest of my life. Where I’ll step in with the fire to learn and from where I’ll walk out empowered to take on the bigger challenges. Sounds like kindergarten all over again, ain’t it? 

Melodrama aside, my plan for the next 100 days is to practically do nothing, and yet, there’s quite a lot to do still. I’ve moved back to my hometown, all my 4 years of stuff from Bangalore packed in boxes and stashed aside. Soon after I arrived, we drove to Kashmir, to our ancestral place and farmhouse. In the coming weeks I’ll be going through the mails and newsletters from SBS and also get started on documents needed for visa application. In the meantime, I also need to submit Financial Declaration to the school, only after which will they send across the CAS. CAS is needed to apply for student visa, I shall be writing in detail about visa application soon. 

Every single person I’ve interacted with lately has been telling me about how I’m never getting this free time ever again in life and how I should make the most of it – by basically relaxing. Speaking with current and former students I gather that there is not much to fret over the course work, which will be manageable in the campus and that I need not worry about that before the term begins. However the school has put up a list of recommended readings and a couple of mandatory pre-arrival formalities to be completed, which I shall need to go through. Top on the list is working on my CV and researching on what a good cover letter looks like. School’s career centre is also conducting a series of Webinars over the coming weeks to give an introduction into various career options and job application advice. I am looking forward to these sessions since currently I’m in a dilemma about my career progression ( I want to stay in the industry but that’s that ). 

But more than everything else, I am looking forward to spending my time with family and catching up on novels and movies, after so long. I think this is going to be my longest time spent at home since 2007 when I moved to my undergrad hostel. 

So here I am, sitting over this view from my patio, soaking in the lull before the storm!

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM mybjourney - Current Student: Accommodation, Tickets: Check
My lovely brother booked the flight tickets for this jobless broke girl. God bless elder siblings!

I’ll be landing to Heathrow in early September with my parents and we shall spend a couple of weeks at my brother’s place, before I head off for Oxford on September 20th (oritentation starts on 21st). The entire family will be together after over a year and we are quite excited. If my brother’s work schedule permits him some days off, we will make a short trip too. Cannot wait!

Signed my accommodation contract and sent it across to the college accommodation today. Rewley Abbey Court, with a distance of just about 200 mts from Saïd is going to be my abode for the next one year.

One upside of getting admitted early on in the admissions cycle is that you have ample options to choose from to secure college and accommodation. With GTC ( Green Templeton College ) being my first choice and a safe one for MBA students, there were enough on-site and off-campus accommodation options available. I wanted to stay as close to the school as possible, so that its easier to reach the school quickly in case I am running late. A long sleepy walk / ride to the school in sub zero temperatures during school is the last thing I want to worry about. And with the few extra minutes that I would save, I can always make use in grabbing some soon-to-be-a-rare-luxury sleep. ;)

The downside being that this is off the college premises, again limiting interaction with non-MBA scholars. Also that I didn’t have option for an ensuite room in shared flats at RAC. Having lived in an undergraduate hostel with 20 girls in my corridor with only a handful of washrooms to share with, I am prepared to live with anything!

I’ll be sharing a 2 BHK flat with a batchmate from India. We both are in touch over messages and she seems really nice. We both are excited and have been discussing on what all we will need to buy once we are there, mainly kitchen and utility items. The accommodation includes cooker and refrigerator, but would need to set up rest of the kitchen. The accommodation license has an elaborate instruction list on what is allowed and what is not in the flat. I will go through it in detail soon, specially for the electric and electronic items. Regardless, a couple of  will be pertinent to carry.

For those interested, there is a video of the 2BHK RAC flat on YouTube by Nick, the accommodation manager. This was immensely helpful for me before putting forth my application for accommodation with my preferred choice.

So with arrangements for accommodation and travel made, I need to get started on my Visa application asap!

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Send PM