Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:56 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all HBS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
LexLuthor wrote:
dogford2 wrote:
LexLuthor wrote:
Does any of you guys have insight on the difference between the "introduce yourself question (as if we did not know you)" and the walk me through your CV question? What do you think the approach to answering the first one is? Starting by stating attributes that define you and then elaborating at a high level on how they have been showcased in different opportunities? Defining your "why" statement? Which do you think is the best approach?

Hey, Sorry, I know that this is not the answer to your question. I saw that you received an interview invite. Congratulations. If you don't mind me asking, did the status of your application change bc of receiving the invite? Apologies again for the irrelevant post. Thanks!

No worries. In the "Application Management" page, my status still says "Submitted", yet if in the "Application Status" Page, there is a note that reads "Status Update: An update to your application was last posted October 9, 2014. View Update >>". And by clicking on the View Update link, I could go on to schedule my interview.

Hey, thank you very much. I checked my application. There is no update, which means that I haven't received an invitation yet. Thanks again and best of luck for the interview!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
whiplash2411 wrote:
dogford2 wrote:
Friends who got an invite: Did you notice any change in your application status (i.e. your HBS application profile)? I just realized that some other people have recently emailed me but I haven't received their emails yet. I am just worried that HBS might have emailed me too and I didn't receive their email. Thank you!

If you received an interview invite, your application status had a banner saying "Status update" and it lets you schedule your interview once you click on the update.

Hey, thank you very much. I checked my application. There is no update, which means that I haven't received an invitation yet. Thanks again and best of luck for the interview!
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
dogford2 wrote:

There is still this Wednesday!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bml1105 wrote:
dogford2 wrote:

There is still this Wednesday!!

That's right. But I am guessing that would be only for 2+2 people. Anyways, nothing can be done!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.71
WE:Consulting (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Amateur wrote:
9W57th wrote:
Anyone from Asia got a call. Hoping in the face of dwindling statistical probability

Swede wrote:
I'm also in Asia and haven't heard back, was wondering the same thing... Here's to hoping! :)

Majority of invites released and you think they left out a continent where majority of applicants come from? I don't so. Moreover, the below user looks to be Indian - Asia.
divyapv wrote:
The system is back up! Just scheduled an interview :) Good luck guys!!

I should have been more specific, I was thinking East Asia - ie those that would interview in Shanghai and Tokyo, not Mumbai and Dubai. One person mentioned on-campus slots were filled or close to it, so it made some sense that they would review by region... Just a theory...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
phlaym39 wrote:

I wonder if they did it chronologically. Did anyone, who already got an invite, submit in the last few hours before the deadline?
highly not possible. I feel that a university like Harvard will review all the applications multiple times to create a diverse class. I see this situation as one where they reviewed all the applications and extended interview invites to most promising diverse applicants. The rest of the process will be re-reviewing the left over and trying to plug a few places. I surely know that each application is reviewed by more than one person. It can also be that the other persons did not review the left over candidate's application yet.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Swede wrote:
Amateur wrote:
9W57th wrote:
Anyone from Asia got a call. Hoping in the face of dwindling statistical probability

Swede wrote:
I'm also in Asia and haven't heard back, was wondering the same thing... Here's to hoping! :)

Majority of invites released and you think they left out a continent where majority of applicants come from? I don't so. Moreover, the below user looks to be Indian - Asia.
divyapv wrote:
The system is back up! Just scheduled an interview :) Good luck guys!!

I should have been more specific, I was thinking East Asia - ie those that would interview in Shanghai and Tokyo, not Mumbai and Dubai. One person mentioned on-campus slots were filled or close to it, so it made some sense that they would review by region... Just a theory...

Looks like all the Shanghai slots are filled now and some left for Tokyo...maybe they will release more slots this Wednesday?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
I survived my 5 weeks of applications.... Hoping for good news this week!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Schools: HBS '16 (M)
Send PM