Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 16:40 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 16:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Re: Wish to seek advice on full-time or part-time EMBA? [#permalink]
tanhw wrote:
Hi everyone

I'd like to seek your advice on whether I should go for a full-time or part-time EMBA Program and which schools might be best fit?

8. Target Schools: INSEAD EMBA, IMD EMBA, Chicago Booth EMBA, Kellogg-HKUST EMBA, Oxford EMBA

- I've a preference to stay with my current employer and do a 'part-time' EMBA. As such, my choices are international EMBAs (preferably with an Asia focus) like INSEAD, Chicago Booth (run out of HK), Kellogg-HKUST (run out of HK), or even IMD or Oxford (though I have to fly into Switzerland or London every month).

Have you made a decision yet? I'm considering the same programs in 2016 and will also be based out of Singapore. The Booth & Kellogg programs out of HK are pretty attractive since the travel time is short and the programs are top notch. I'm also considering Oxford for the brand power and experience, but it's a much longer trip. There is also a program between WHU (Germany) and Kellogg, quite similar to the Kellogg-HKUST program.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello tanhw,
You have a lot to consider before making your decision so it's great you're reaching out for advice. Based on what you've shared so far, your profile likely aligns well with Executive MBA Programs given your years of work experience, your age, and the type of experience you have already. Most EMBA students continue working during their studies but it will be a big commitment (especially with travel) so make sure you are able to dedicate yourself to this if you choose this route. The global EMBA program options have a lot to offer and if you can, attend any local information sessions and try to meet with current students or alumni to learn more about their experiences.
Have you also looked into some of the modular EMBA programs, like Trium (joint program with NYU Stern, LSE, and HEC) or Columbia EMBA Global (joint program with CBS, HKU, and LBS)? Some EMBA programs do not require the GMAT so that's something else to consider. If you'd like to speak to someone at Fortuna (such as the former Director of Admissions at INSEAD), we can set up a free 30-minute call. I also have extensive experience with EMBA programs and for more info about our firm, Fortuna Admissions, take a look online: www.fortunaadmissions.com. Good luck with your decision.
Take care,
Dina
GMAT Club Bot