Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:45 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72884 [580]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [70]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GRE 1: Q165 V161
GPA: 3.8
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 122 [0]
Given Kudos: 546
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT Date: 03-18-2015
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 55
Send PM
Re: Patterns Among Those Who Scored 750+ What did they use? [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
I am really surprised Veritas does not feature much. I just watched a few of their videos on their youtube channel before entering this thread and thought they would feature quite prominently as I was impressed. I guess I have to check out Manhattan first then compare.
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72884 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
MAH wrote:
I am really surprised Veritas does not feature much. I just watched a few of their videos on their youtube channel before entering this thread and thought they would feature quite prominently as I was impressed. I guess I have to check out Manhattan first then compare.

Good observation and point. I think there may be a few reasons:
1. For a long time they have only offered courses and did not offer books like MGMAT Did
2. They did offer their books a few years ago (3-4) but their cost was $300 vs. $150 for MGMAT so I think more people went with MGMAT
3. Veritas also stepped up the game and redid a lot of their curriculum, books, etc in the last few years, so their stuff is really good, but there is a lag in terms of folks knowing that, reporting on that, and that being the generally accepted information of at least 2-4 years.....

that's my 2 cents why they are not showing up.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Send PM
bb wrote:
MAH wrote:

Good observation and point. I think there may be a few reasons:
1. For a long time they have only offered courses and did not offer books like MGMAT Did
2. They did offer their books a few years ago (3-4) but their cost was $300 vs. $150 for MGMAT so I think more people went with MGMAT
3. Veritas also stepped up the game and redid a lot of their curriculum, books, etc in the last few years, so their stuff is really good, but there is a lag in terms of folks knowing that, reporting on that, and that being the generally accepted information of at least 2-4 years.....

that's my 2 cents why they are not showing up.

Oh right yeh, that makes sense. Seems like they went back to the drawing board and just basically refined the whole thing. I see you scored a 750 congrats, what did you personally use or would recommend for Quant, Verbal and Tests?
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72884 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
I have been around for a while, and when I prepped there was no Veritas Prep or MGMAT - they came after that... so I have used Kaplan books, which proves you can achieve the same goal through different paths, some just make it easier and others are a bit tougher.

You have probably seen my post here about my suggestion for study materials these days: gmat-study-plan-for-gmat-novices-start-your-gmat-journey-80727.html

Best Regards,
BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
Can someone please share Amazon links to MGMAT Quant guides. I just want to be sure I am purchasing the right materials. Also, what's the difference between the below-mentioned guides?

https://www.amazon.in/Number-Properties ... 83&sr=8-16

https://www.amazon.in/GMAT-Foundations- ... 1QJP0YX3C#
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
This is a great resource. Thank you bb. I cannot describe how helpful this is. Cheers

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 3.4
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Thank you so much for this. This compiled data is such a huge help for me in deciding the materials and strategy to use. It also validates some parts of the strategy I use now :)
GMAT Club Bot