Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:32 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:32

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

How can GMAT Club help you in getting off the Waitlist?

12% [2]
6% [1]
31% [5]
50% [8]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT Date: 12-20-2013
GPA: 3.5
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Waitlisted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017) [#permalink]
nothing on mine
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [5]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Marketing, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Waitlisted Applicants-2015 Intake (Class of 2017) [#permalink]
Kudos
Someone needs to reform the waitlist process.

It's feels like a bad breakup - you have no idea what is going through the other person's head, resigned to the fact that it's likely over, yet there is this glimmer of hope that doesn't let you move on.

FWIW, several R1 waitlisters were dinged a couple of days after the R2 deadline last year. I don't think we see any acceptances for at least a couple weeks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.62
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Joining the waitlist for RD2. Seems like quite a few RD1 got accepted today. Who knows though. Guess there is still some hope...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Send PM
Pottsmi1 wrote:
Joining the waitlist for RD2. Seems like quite a few RD1 got accepted today. Who knows though. Guess there is still some hope...

Curious, where did you hear that waitlisters were accepted today? There were only 2 in this thread that were accepted on Monday.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Joining the waitlist club... :-(
Manager
Manager
Send PM
forevertfc wrote:
Pottsmi1 wrote:

Curious, where did you hear that waitlisters were accepted today? There were only 2 in this thread that were accepted on Monday.

Pretty sure quite a few in the main thread that were accepted said they were RD1 WL.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Pottsmi1 wrote:
forevertfc wrote:
Pottsmi1 wrote:

Pretty sure quite a few in the main thread that were accepted said they were RD1 WL.

I went through the thread, no one got in off the waitlist today. (For anyone else wondering as well) So far, only 2 people have been admitted off the WL from here, both on Monday.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Damn. Must have been Booth ones I was thinking of then

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
I get the impression looking back through this topic that there were no Waitlist Managers assigned this year as there were in years past - or at least there weren't for R1 Waitlisters.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
I totally was expecting to hear something today. I got off the WL at Booth.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q51 V30
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.29
WE:Marketing (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
I'm joining too....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
Send PM
waitlisted.........
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have any of you done some research on waitlists? I think Kellogg is waiting for R3 applicants to take a look at the wait listed applicants together hence not many were admitted in r2...

Manager
Manager
Send PM
seadream wrote:
Have any of you done some research on waitlists? I think Kellogg is waiting for R3 applicants to take a look at the wait listed applicants together hence not many were admitted in r2...

There are a couple of factors in play:

RD 3 applicants - April 1st is the deadline
RD 2 deposits - April 30th is the deadline
RD 2 waitlisters - how many accept the waitlist offer
RD 1 admitted students - Deadline for deposit for them was Feb 18th, however there is always those that go to a different school because of results in RD 2

It's likely that they will take a look at the overall waitlist pool during this week and the next, possibly in conjunction with RD 3 applicants. We may see a few acceptances in mid April, and more likely a good percentage of RD 1 waitlist dings. We will likely see a second wave of acceptances around RD 3 notificiation date of May 13th. And after that, the majority of the waitlist will be released and some will get an invitation to remain on the summer waitlist.

Last year's thread paints a pretty morbid picture:

Last year, RD 2 decision notifications came in on March 25th as well. On March 27th, there was a wave of dings of RD 1 waitlisters. No movement until May 20th (Rd 3 decision on May 15th) when a good number were again dinged. On May 22nd, several waitlisters were asked if they are interested to remain on the waitlist. On June 25th, several were invited to the summer waitlist. On July 2nd, two people were accepted. And that was it.

Last year, it sounded like the class was pretty full after the RD 3 deadline.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hmm going on last year's events the Kellogg waitlist doesn't sound promising!

This limbo scenario is torture!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
So, what do we think of the chances?

This says 6%:
https://www.mbadataguru.com/blog/admissi ... rate-rank/

Is that 6% of people on the waitlist already? Or like 6% as opposed to the 22% acceptance rate over all (So like 27% ish of people accepted come in off the WL??)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Pottsmi1 wrote:
So, what do we think of the chances?

This says 6%:
https://www.mbadataguru.com/blog/admissi ... rate-rank/

Is that 6% of people on the waitlist already? Or like 6% as opposed to the 22% acceptance rate over all (So like 27% ish of people accepted come in off the WL??)

The first link only looks at GMATClub members I think - I don't think it's at all a valid sample. That 6% is 3 of 50. Schools like Kellogg and Harvard are over-represented here. A UNC doesn't see as much traffic on this site, so 5 out of 10 would give a 50% "chance".

I have no trust in the 2nd link - 50% chance of getting off the waitlist is just wishful thinking.

I really think it depends on round 2 deposits which is April 30th. Most of the class is filled by that point so they can pick and choose off their waitlist along with RD 3 applicants to finish the class.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  17   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts