Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.65
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Given Kudos: 92
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Hi,
Submitted my application for Round 1. Just curious to know if anyone is applying through GRE?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kenan-Flagler Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Just got an interview invite. New Delhi, India , applied on 16th Oct
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Send PM
Kudos
Invited for interview.
Location - India
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.96
Send PM
lav4 wrote:
Invited for interview.
Location - India

When did you get the mail? Do you people know till when the interview invites will be rolled out?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [0]
Given Kudos: 444
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.84
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Yeah..do let us know..If you could also share your brief profile guys, that would be super cool!
:)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
rjt90 and lav4 for when have you scheduled the interview? Were there any dates available for October?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Ralphcuisak wrote:
Yeah..do let us know..If you could also share your brief profile guys, that would be super cool!
:)

730, 8.55/10 GPA, 3.5 yrs Tech Consulting
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
sourabhsur123 wrote:
rjt90 and lav4 for when have you scheduled the interview? Were there any dates available for October?

I have scheduled for mid Nov. Oct will be too early for me
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
rjt90 wrote:
sourabhsur123 wrote:

I have scheduled for mid Nov. Oct will be too early for me

Cool, Thanks! All the best for the interview! :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
All the best for the interview rjt90 , lav4..Its a waiting game for the rest of us..fingers crossed!
:shifty:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Does anyone have any idea on how the invites go out? On a rolling basis or in batches? And till when do we have to wait for them before moving on?I had heard that KF interviewed everyone till last year, and i'm praying for that trend to hold this year too.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Ralphcuisak wrote:
Does anyone have any idea on how the invites go out? On a rolling basis or in batches? And till when do we have to wait for them before moving on?I had heard that KF interviewed everyone till last year, and i'm praying for that trend to hold this year too.

Hello Ralphcuisak,

I asked this question to Dr. B ( associate dean of Kenan-Flagler school) in an info-session in India. He said , this year the school will discontinue the process of interviewing everyone. But as per the trends since past few years, they will try to interview as many people as possible. As far as the interview invites are concerned, the invites seem to be on a rolling basis, coz few people got the invites before the Round 1 deadlines and few of them got the invites in last couple of days. So ,sit tight , as you can get a call very soon! All the best! :)
Manager
Manager
Status:Birds fly because they have wings, not because they have sky.
Own Kudos [?]: 119 [1]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.65
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Ralphcuisak wrote:
All the best for the interview rjt90 , lav4..Its a waiting game for the rest of us..fingers crossed!

Joining you in the waiting game... lets just be hopeful and prepare for the showdown (the interview one, ofcourse :) ).
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 96 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
sourabhsur123 wrote:
Ralphcuisak wrote:

Hello Ralphcuisak,

I asked this question to Dr. B ( associate dean of Kenan-Flagler school) in an info-session in India. He said , this year the school will discontinue the process of interviewing everyone. But as per the trends since past few years, they will try to interview as many people as possible. As far as the interview invites are concerned, the invites seem to be on a rolling basis, coz few people got the invites before the Round 1 deadlines and few of them got the invites in last couple of days. So ,sit tight , as you can get a call very soon! All the best! :)

Thanks sourabhsur123! Good luck to you too!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
jugglerG2 wrote:
Ralphcuisak wrote:

Joining you in the waiting game... lets just be hopeful and prepare for the showdown (the interview one, ofcourse :) ).

Haha, yeah mate.. I keep refreshing my mails even before they complete syncing every two minutes! When I had read about similar states of last years applicants on threads, i used to go "Naaaah... I'm going to be fiiiiine..too busy to be that crazy.."

I have never been more wrong.
:wtf:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Anyone else with Application Fee Status as Not Paid ? I was offered an application fee waiver, but they didn't seem to update my application yet.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 110 [1]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GRE 1: Q169 V165
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been keeping tabs on this thread the past couple weeks. I basically fell off the face of the planet during finals, then fall break, then the start of the new Mod.

To address a couple topics that have come up recently:

1) Fee waivers - Mine was for a high GMAT score and said so explicitly. They also like giving waivers for various visits to the school or networking events. If you believe your academic record or other scores should merit a fee waiver, email them and ask. They won't be offended if you do. (Note that if you have already paid the fee, I don't think it can be refunded with a fee waiver)

2) Interviews
2a) Open Interviews vs. Invitations - In previous years, K-F interviewed everyone. They have seen sharp increases in application numbers recently and have changed this policy to the open interview period followed by an invitation only period. If I were applying today, I would try to interview during the open period because it shows your interest in the school and gives them a good idea of you as a person while they are reviewing your application. That being said, I don't think it will be a huge difference for most applicants.

2b) Early Invitations - Though I do not know the details of the invitation process, I do know a number of the admissions committee members and have had a couple chats with them about the entire admissions process. From what I've gathered, the GMAT score is important, but not a defining characteristic of an application. I wouldn't be surprised if it was used to help screen the very first wave of invitations, just for practical reasons of getting some students in the interview pipeline. Don't be worried if you don't get an early one. I'm not aware of any cutoff date for interview invitations. Last year I applied in Round 2, and I believe the last day to interview was January 26, with a decision date in early/mid February. Extrapolating from that, I would guess the last interview invitations would go out towards the middle/end of November.

2c) Invitation schedule - I would expect there to be rolling interview invitations. That being said, this is an entirely new process here and I am not intimate with the details. Later data could prove me wrong.

3) GRE vs GMAT - A few of my classmates were admitted with only GRE scores. GMAT is still the standard for business school, and if you are looking to go into Consulting, you will want to list a GMAT score (a good GMAT score) on your resume. I personally tried applying three times with just GRE scores, and went 0/3 on those three. I then took the GMAT and admissions and scholarships rained down upon me. (Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit, but from looking at the forums it seems there is a sharp preference for GMAT even among schools that specifically state that they weigh GRE and GMAT equally.) If you haven't taken it, take it as soon as you can reasonably be prepared. You'll want to have the scores ready for R2 admissions if R1 doesn't go your way.

4) Current student things! We just finished Mod 1 with a week of final exams, and then immediately after had a week of no class. During this time, most students went on career treks to network with companies, hosted by various clubs on campus. Business Tech Club had a west coast trek to the likes of Amazon and Google. Consulting club visited most of the major players with offices here in the south. There were others that I don't know the details of, too.
We started Mod 2 this past Monday, and the workload seems to have stepped up a notch. Additionally now is when recruiting really gets rolling. We're getting to know each other better and I've made a number of friends in the ranks of second years. All of the second years I've talked to are happy to help first years however they can.

5) Advice on waiting - Don't stress out too much. Keep yourself busy with other applications or work or fun. I was one of the worst when it came to waiting for decisions. I probably spent 2 hours a day while at work checking on the status of everything I had out. Take it from me, and do something more productive with that time. Brush up on statistics or economics or math. Spend some time on your hobbies. Contact one of the Digital MBA Ambassadors (https://www.kenan-flagler.unc.edu/admiss ... mbassadors) and ask them about their time here.

Sorry for the long-winded post. I'll try to check in a bit more often now that we're back on a regular school schedule. Best of luck to everyone!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts