Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:41 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [1]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [3]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Carroll (Boston) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi guys, i got accepted with a nice amount of scholarship. Good luck to you guys,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Send PM
Re: Calling all Carroll (Boston) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Ashishkhgmat2015 wrote:
Congratulations! Did any Indian candidate get an interview invite ?

no movement yet.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Ashishkhgmat2015 wrote:
Congratulations! Did any Indian candidate get an interview invite ?

I had an interview on 11th Dec. Interviewer was a second year student(GA) from India. It went well and I feel he understood me better. Indian+current student, so there was a sort connection. He asked few question based on Resume and goal which I guess admissions team would not have.

Now there is a long wait for result.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I have received a lot of pm's. so I will just do a quick response here.
GMAT: 700
GPA: Okay I guess. I also took few evening classes in the local community college to boost it. (I don't believe BC ask you to send transcript from secondary schools, so if you did the evening class to make up your GPA, make sure to explain it in the optional essay and talk about it during the interview)
WE: 4.5 yr to date with a fortune 500 OEM. Pretty solid project management work experience.
Interview: Long story...my Skype interview was scheduled for Nov 20th, but I messed up the calendar somehow and tried to get a hold of the interviewer at the scheduled time one day ahead. At the same time he/she was interviewing another student. I called the Adcom 20mins after the scheduled time (one day ahead)... I realized that I made the worst mistake possible after the call. The good thing was that I didn't panic, I send out an email explained I was wrong, sorry about the confusion and explained what may caused it. BC was nice enough to set up an interview on that day for me. Chris B, a second year student, interviewed me. There were no tricky questions and It was a very relaxed interview.
Good luck to all
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: "Should I retake the GMAT?"

Despite the number of practice tests taken or hours spent in preparatory courses, sometimes the most prepared candidates feel they underperformed on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT). Even if you are satisfied with your current score, you might still be wondering what the benefits are, if any, of retaking the exam. Wherever you stand, consider these points before registering for another test date.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
I am an Indian candidate who has been interviewed as well, to all those waiting, I can only say Carroll's process seems to be a little different from rest of the schools, which I guess adds more appeal to the school. So hang in there everyone. Btw kheown have you made up your mind where you'll be going next fall?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 97 [0]
Send PM
deepakahuja090390 wrote:
I am an Indian candidate who has been interviewed as well, to all those waiting, I can only say Carroll's process seems to be a little different from rest of the schools, which I guess adds more appeal to the school. So hang in there everyone. Btw kheown have you made up your mind where you'll be going next fall?

Not yet. I have 1 more decision coming up soon, and then I'll be able to make my mind up. I'll let you know! :)

Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 134
Send PM
Hey guys!!
Need some advice!
Indian male/Automotive Engineer working with one of the world's largest automotive companies for the past 4 years/GMAT:640..
Shall i apply for R2?
Is it practical to apply to Carroll with a 640?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
SnakeEyes wrote:
Hey guys!!
Need some advice!
Indian male/Automotive Engineer working with one of the world's largest automotive companies for the past 4 years/GMAT:640..
Shall i apply for R2?
Is it practical to apply to Carroll with a 640?

I don't anyone can advice you on this. There other skills which do matter and which you only know. 640 I feel is slightly on lower side. It is always good to apply early. There are chances for better scholarship.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: Five reasons to visit Boston this winter

If the Boston College Carroll School of Management is on your list of potential business schools, you may have already considered Boston's infamous snowfall. Yes, last year marked the city's snowiest winter of all time, but there are so many wonderful things to do here that we can't help but look forward to the winter months. (And for the record, we've mostly seen sunshine and 50-degree temps so far...)

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Operations
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
I don't think 640 is a score on lower side. Ideally, if the schools boosts that they are holistic in their admission process then it does not make sense to say any particular score is less or more. Again, if you see the Carrols ranking, its in top 40s. I don't feel there should be any point in saying that 640 is a lower score for a school with that rank.

Also, its weird to see more students with 700+ scores applying to it.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FYI, I have decided not to enroll in BC. That should free up some scholarship money for other candidates.

Best of luck!
kheown
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
Send PM
kheown wrote:
FYI, I have decided not to enroll in BC. That should free up some scholarship money for other candidates.

Best of luck!
kheown

Hey Kheown,

Where are you joining then? :) Also, Guys any interview invites??? My application is under review from 60 odd days...!!!! Any Indians getting interview invites?

Regards
Murtaza
Manager
Manager
Send PM
murtazaalamshah wrote:
kheown wrote:

Best of luck!
kheown

Hey Kheown,

Where are you joining then? :) Also, Guys any interview invites??? My application is under review from 60 odd days...!!!! Any Indians getting interview invites?

Regards
Murtaza

To be honest, I'm still undecided between a couple of options, but I still have a few more days to think about them before making a decision.

Regards,
kheown
Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: Five New Year's resolutions to improve your MBA candidacy

As we welcome 2016, most of us will also welcome a new list of hopes, plans, or goals for the year ahead. For you, that could mean a highly anticipated admissions decision from the MBA program that topped your list, or it could mean the early stages of the MBA application. Wherever you are in the process, these five resolutions will help improve your candidacy now and well into your MBA journey.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: This is it: Apply today to start your part-time MBA this month

Are developing new skills, growing your network, and accelerating your career among your resolutions for 2016? Boston College's Part-Time MBA Program allows you to accomplish all of that, while giving you the opportunity to apply what you're learning directly to your current work. What's best is, if you apply today, you could receive a decision in time to start your MBA program in just a few weeks. Interested?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
FROM Carroll (Boston College) Admissions Blog: Q&A with Michael Puopolo, BC MBA '16, on student life at BC

When you arrive at BC, you'll quickly realize that there's more to making your mark than a rigorous, market-driven curriculum taught by our thought-leading faculty. Just as important for your graduate experience is your time spent outside of the classroom, where you'll encounter even more opportunities to grow, lead, and excel in the world of business.

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts