Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Operations, Technology
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cranfield SOM Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]
Hi DropBear,

Can you please share how did you prepare for the presentation?

As the time is short, I am planning to have only 2-3 slides
Slide 1 : Agenda & overview - 30 seconds
Slide 2: I agree with the topic with an example - 1 min 30 seconds
Slide 3: Effect on suppliers with an example - 1 min 30 seconds
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
WE:Operations (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cranfield SOM Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]
Kudos
endysng wrote:
Hi DropBear,

Can you please share how did you prepare for the presentation?

As the time is short, I am planning to have only 2-3 slides
Slide 1 : Agenda & overview - 30 seconds
Slide 2: I agree with the topic with an example - 1 min 30 seconds
Slide 3: Effect on suppliers with an example - 1 min 30 seconds

Hi endysng,

My instruction told me specifically not to use any sort of aids. Basically I just spoke into my web cam for 3 minutes. I didn't really find I needed much of an overview or agenda. I gave a little bit of history to the statement in question. I then went on to give my interpretation of the question followed by possible factors that could influence it. It was really quite simple.

I wouldn't try and overthink it, just be clear and calm and make sure you have a clear line of reasoning. Practice, practice and practice some more so that you are confident, understand your own views (they will be challenged), and speak efficiently. My presentation took 3 minutes to the second, however the conversation afterwards regarding the presentation must have taken at least 15 minutes, so play devils advocate with yourself and try and anticipate questions that might be asked.

Shoot me a PM and introduce yourself if you want :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
DropBear wrote:
Hi endysng,

My instruction told me specifically not to use any sort of aids. Basically I just spoke into my web cam for 3 minutes. I didn't really find I needed much of an overview or agenda. I gave a little bit of history to the statement in question. I then went on to give my interpretation of the question followed by possible factors that could influence it. It was really quite simple.

I wouldn't try and overthink it, just be clear and calm and make sure you have a clear line of reasoning. Practice, practice and practice some more so that you are confident, understand your own views (they will be challenged), and speak efficiently. My presentation took 3 minutes to the second, however the conversation afterwards regarding the presentation must have taken at least 15 minutes, so play devils advocate with yourself and try and anticipate questions that might be asked.

Shoot me a PM and introduce yourself if you want :)

Thanks DropBear.
You have been a really great help!
Hello,

Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for all the admitted candidates?

Please confirm.

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
dreammba123 wrote:
Hello,

Please confirm.

Thanks!

Hi dreammba123,

I have created a linkedin group for us to get together on. It has been great to link up and get to know some of you so thought, why not get everyone else involved. I encourage you to join and use it as a place to network, share business news content, MBA preparation materials, application/GMAT prep and anything else that comes to mind.

Look forward to seeing you there.

-Andrew
Manager
Manager
Send PM
DropBear wrote:
dreammba123 wrote:
Hello,

Please confirm.

Thanks!

Hi dreammba123,

I have created a linkedin group for us to get together on. It has been great to link up and get to know some of you so thought, why not get everyone else involved. I encourage you to join and use it as a place to network, share business news content, MBA preparation materials, application/GMAT prep and anything else that comes to mind.

Look forward to seeing you there.

-Andrew

Hi Everyone,

Just in case there was any confusion, please don't feel like you need to wait until you have applied/been accepted to join. Would be great to see a few more of you at the linkedin group, even if you are just at the having a look stage.

Cheers,

-Andrew

In case the link doesn't work this is it in full: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/Cranfiel ... 9580/about
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

I have just posted a message from Professor Maury Peiperl, Director of the Cranfield School of Management, about the Financial Times ranking of MBA programmes on our Linkedin group. Please consider joining up and sharing your thoughts.

-Andrew
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Any more news?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Seems very few in this forum have applied for Cranfield! or maybe most applicants are silent members :-)

Anyway, thanks for sharing the article on FT ranking - though I doubt if rankings make much difference these days!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
endysng wrote:
Seems very few in this forum have applied for Cranfield! or maybe most applicants are silent members :-)

Anyway, thanks for sharing the article on FT ranking - though I doubt if rankings make much difference these days!

I think prospective students do look at it as an initial step when looking into business schools. In my own case though, I was more interested in my specific "fit" at Cranfield. It was good to see it was at least addressed by the school.

Hopefully more of you join the Linkedin group (even if you are just interested in the program) and can contribute.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 51 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Just to inform you all, I have received my offer letter with a good scholarship amount, and will send my acceptance confirmation tomorrow.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Kudos
endysng wrote:
Just to inform you all, I have received my offer letter with a good scholarship amount, and will send my acceptance confirmation tomorrow.

Congratulations, very exciting news, endysng!!! See you in September!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Been a while since there was any activity in here. Anyone have any further developments to report?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Folks, i have got offer from C. Many queries in mind reg
Financing after scholarship-Prodigy, loans etc.
Best options for living/acco,
Moving w/ family, dependent visa and job for her

Highly appreciate if anyone has explored options and have some pointers!
Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mns wrote:
Folks, i have got offer from C. Many queries in mind reg
Financing after scholarship-Prodigy, loans etc.
Best options for living/acco,
Moving w/ family, dependent visa and job for her

Highly appreciate if anyone has explored options and have some pointers!
Thanks!

Hi mns,

I have been looking at all of the things you have mentioned. I applied for a prodigy loan and was quite happy with the terms and rate, the process is also very simple and their response, quick. I am also bringing my family with me, so have applied for on campus accommodation which should be allocated next month (May). Price wise I think the on campus accommodation is by far the cheapest, but you will have to apply now to have any chance at being allocated one.

Have you accepted your offer yet? please consider joining our linkedin group too.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 25
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Hi Dropbear,
I received CF mail for schol award. Formal offer hasn't arrived but I hope it comes soon. Not sure when. Helen mentioned, very soon!
I intend to apply to prodigy but I guess it happens only after I've got offer. Wish to bring family, but have you explored job scenarios for spouse on dependent visa, or rather how this dependent visa works when I am studying, and not working there? Help me with whatever you have gathered on this, if you had similar query. Where are you based currently? I'm in Bangalore.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mns wrote:
Hi Dropbear,
I received CF mail for schol award. Formal offer hasn't arrived but I hope it comes soon. Not sure when. Helen mentioned, very soon!
I intend to apply to prodigy but I guess it happens only after I've got offer. Wish to bring family, but have you explored job scenarios for spouse on dependent visa, or rather how this dependent visa works when I am studying, and not working there? Help me with whatever you have gathered on this, if you had similar query. Where are you based currently? I'm in Bangalore.

Hi again,

Yeah, you will need your formal offer from Cranfield in order to apply for a prodigy loan. Fortunately for me, my wife is a British passport holder so will have full working rights anyway. I live in Perth, Australia.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts