Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:50 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Booth '18 (D)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GRE 1: Q167 V155

GRE 2: Q167 V164
GPA: 3.73
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
I mailed my interviewer and he did not reply within three days. Mailed the admissions committee after that. Still waiting for their response.
I am really getting tensed. Anybody had similar experience?
Or any experience of phone interview?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Engr2012 wrote:
Ok, this response should be taken cautiously as I am neither an alumnus or an adcom member but as an interviewee I think the feedback report submitted by ANY interviewer (adcom or alumnus) will have a question at the end asking the 'final recommendation'. Without this question, it will not be useful to involve alumnus who hasnt read your application to conduct interviews in complete vacuum. Then again, this final recommendation is it really is : a recommendation ONLY. Final decision still rests with the adcom members(s) who are reviewing your complete application. I am sure of this last bit as I got dinged after interview even though my interviewer told me that he had recommended me for admission.

But this does not mean you should not prepare yourself for the interview. A good interview may or may not get you in but a bad interview will surely keep you out.

Good luck.

Thanks Engr2012, that's really helpful! Good luck for this round!!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Butterflies wrote:
Engr2012 wrote:
Ok, this response should be taken cautiously as I am neither an alumnus or an adcom member but as an interviewee I think the feedback report submitted by ANY interviewer (adcom or alumnus) will have a question at the end asking the 'final recommendation'. Without this question, it will not be useful to involve alumnus who hasnt read your application to conduct interviews in complete vacuum. Then again, this final recommendation is it really is : a recommendation ONLY. Final decision still rests with the adcom members(s) who are reviewing your complete application. I am sure of this last bit as I got dinged after interview even though my interviewer told me that he had recommended me for admission.

But this does not mean you should not prepare yourself for the interview. A good interview may or may not get you in but a bad interview will surely keep you out.

Good luck.

Thanks Engr2012, that's really helpful! Good luck for this round!!

Good luck to you too. I am done with my applications. Will be matriculating at Kellogg.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Insights of an Experiment Gone Terribly Right

When experiments go terribly right, the insights can be far
beyond what you could have ever imagined.

One of the defining aspects of a student’s time at Chicago
Booth is the freedom to experiment and try new things. We support you in taking
risks to explore past what is immediately at your fingertips. It is part of the
student experience that is nurtured (and shared) by our faculty—and can lead to
once-in-a-lifetime opportunities for students and professors alike.

This past summer, one of those rare opportunities arose for
a group of students who wanted to better understand what it means to start,
manage, and grow a business in Southeast Asia.

“This was very much an experiment… to take a team of students
halfway around the globe to explore an emerging market first-hand,” explains
professor Jean-PierreDubé, who seized the chance to lead the trip that would usher 13 Booth students
onto plantations, into factories, through boardroom doors, and in front of
heads of state for a learning experience of a lifetime.

Take a look at what our students and professor Dubé found on
their insightful trip to Indonesia.

Please comment below if you have any questions!

Best,

Kate        

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Kudos
The interview is done and the wait begins. I had a really good experience from the Booth interview. I was nervous going in but got comfortable as the interview started because the alumni I was talking to was very friendly. I was skeptical about the difference in my background and that of the interviewer ( I come from engineering background and my interviewer was from investment management background). The best advice I had recieved from my friends (from investment/finance industry) was to be well prepared to face questions about my industry. The reason - the investment professionals generally have to understand investment opportunities in various industries in their jobs so they might ask me lots about mine. And how right they were --- a good 10-15 mins of my interview was about what my industry was going through and why. And I was prepared well for this bit.

And then there were standard questions which I had prepared well (already mentioned in this forum). But I was honest and the preparation that I did enabled me to come up with spontaneous answers as well. The biggest focus of the interview was understanding how well I will fit in the Booth culture and I tried my best to argue for my fit. Although I think I could have done better. I shared a story about Booth's origins which I really liked, to argue my case. (Interviewer's face lit up as I did so, because I think he had heard it before)

All in all, the interview ended with a detailed discussion on the questions I had asked my interviewer and we discussed my hobbies too in the end with jokes about sports rivalries. I am clear that interview is just another inputs probably inline with the recommendations as they provide a third person perspective. But last few days for me have been spent analysing what things could get me dinged at this stage. My interview was quite long timewise with nearly 13 different questions (Standard Qs + others). Fingers crossed ! Hope my experience helps everyone here!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hey guys! My interview is still upcoming. For those of you who are preparing, 1. how are you preparing beyond preparing answers to the questions mentioned in this thread + clearadmit interview reports and 2. thinking of a few examples that can work for a variety of behavioral questions.

Just wondering if I'm missing something additional that I could do. I was thinking of getting in touch with more current students. My interview is still a week away and I need to fill the time so I don't drive myself crazy getting more and more nervous!
Kudos
summerinobx wrote:
Hey guys! My interview is still upcoming. For those of you who are preparing, 1. how are you preparing beyond preparing answers to the questions mentioned in this thread + clearadmit interview reports and 2. thinking of a few examples that can work for a variety of behavioral questions.

Just wondering if I'm missing something additional that I could do. I was thinking of getting in touch with more current students. My interview is still a week away and I need to fill the time so I don't drive myself crazy getting more and more nervous!

Prepare for it as if you were preparing for a job interview, but be ready to explain how you are a good fit for Booth's community, as well as why Booth is a good fit for you.
Everything else is pretty much standard job interview questions. I had a great time with my interviewer. I felt at times as if i were the one interviewing, given my experience, and the fact I'm actually used to recruiting for my company. Don't stress too much about it, and take advantage of the few minutes before the interview to calm down while talking to the 1st year admission assistant available for questions in the lobby.
Besides that, the questions some listed on here are on point. It'd say, it's very much like answering the essay question :-)
Cheers and good luck my friend
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Had my interview with an alum on Monday evening. It was fairly straight forward: why MBA, Why Booth, why now, short and long term goals, which country do I prefer etc. The interviewer was very relaxed. The interview lasted just 25 minutes!!!! Spent another 5 minutes asking about his experience of Booth. Sent him a thank you note as soon as I got home and he immediately replied. Fingers crossed :wink:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Send PM
Just had my interview on-campus with a second year student. She was very friendly. The interview was more of conversational nature than of a formal interview. I believe it went very well. She asked me to walk her through my CV. Why mba? Why Booth? Time of a failure? And this kind of questions...

Needless to say that school visit was invaluable help to me
.I'd recommend it to everyone who is thinking about Booth or will be interviewed in the future. It really gives you a sense of Booth and your fit in Booth. I loved it.

Now the clock starts....
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Only one month to know...
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
Send PM
Interviewed today. Really nice experience. Excited to attend Booth Live tomorrow!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
caw wrote:
Interviewed today. Really nice experience. Excited to attend Booth Live tomorrow!

Glad you had a good interview. Will be @Booth Live tomorrow too! May see you there.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
I had my on-campus interview this past week with a current second-year student. I'm echoing what others have already mentioned for the interview questions, but I thought I would share my experience as well in case it'll help somebody.

1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Why MBA? Why now?
3. Why Booth?
4. Tell me about a time you worked in a team.
5. What do you like to do outside of work?
6. What's your favorite city?

Overall, the interview felt very conversational. I felt most of the interview time was skewed toward drilling about my professional experiences. Good luck to all other applicants on their interviews!
I'm currently attending the Booth Live event, and i gotta tell you folks, Booth is definitely the school to go to. Never mind the HBS, and Whartons of the world, i would say only Stanford would actually rival what i learned here.
I can't wait for the results a month from now, assuming they are positive of course,lol.
Cheers
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GRE 1: Q167 V155

GRE 2: Q167 V164
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
International applicant here. I am going to have my phone interview on 26th. ANy tips on phone interviews ? I am quite tensed that it is very tough to keep the interviewer engaged over the phone, since the more detail I add to my answers,the longer they get and hence the longer the interviewer has to listen. :(

Anybody faced the phone interview yet ?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: The limitations of K-means: Why You Can’t Cluster Booth Students
Pardon the stats pun, I just submitted my Big Data midterm, and I’m pretty obsessed with the class. As a little background, K-means is a way to group people, things, etc. into “clusters” by finding the attributes they share with other members of the sample. Personally, I don’t think even Professor Taddy could build a … Continue reading The limitations of K-means: Why You Can’t Cluster Booth Students →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.86
WE:Asset Management (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Just had my interview yesterday on campus. It was amazing, and the questions were somewhat similar to what was mentioned above. I attended Booth Live and that was an incredible event. Based off the mock Entreprenuerial Selling class, I can tell that I would enjoy my academic experience at Booth, if I am admitted. This was my first time visiting Chicago and I must say that downtown Chicago is amazing. I went to the soundbar and had a great time turning up to Fetty Wap. I can't wait to see what happens within the next couple of weeks.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  46   47   48   49   50   51   52  ...  61   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts