Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:20 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all Terry (Georgia) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
If anyone is interested in becoming ThreadMaster for the Terry MBA thread, please PM your request to me. Here you can learn more about duties and responsibilities of Threadmasters be-the-coolest-guy-in-the-mba-forum-be-a-threadmaster-152204.html
Retired Moderator
Affiliations: National Institute of Technology, Durgapur
Own Kudos [?]: 1899 [1]
Given Kudos: 92
GPA: 3.32
WE:Information Technology (Health Care)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Terry (Georgia) MBA Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Kudos
Top Contributor
Hello Friends & Hello Narenn

I am a first year student at the Terry college of business. Last year around this time I was going through the application session and I do remember the sleepless nights writing long essays.
In case you have a question feel free to ask me here or drop me a pm. My replies may not be prompt but I will definitely revert.

Regards

S
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
WaterFlowsUp wrote:
Hello Friends & Hello Narenn

I am a first year student at the Terry college of business. Last year around this time I was going through the application session and I do remember the sleepless nights writing long essays.
In case you have a question feel free to ask me here or drop me a pm. My replies may not be prompt but I will definitely revert.

Regards

S

Hello WaterFlowsUp

Many congratulations on getting in to Terry and wishing you great time in Georgia! Keep us posted about your MBA experience and your initial days at Terry; It will definitely be helpful to other applicants here. Have a fabulous year ahead! :-D
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1899 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Top Contributor
Hi Narenn

Thanks.
Life in the first 3 weeks is ultra cool. The initial orientation went on for 3 weeks during which we traveled to other cities to meet employers and alumni. There were several events in which alumni came to share their experience and we got the initial touch of networking.
Unlike big classes, Terry has a small but a very diverse class. In our class of 48 we have so many countries. The pre-MBA work diversity is also very rich and as a result during all the case studies we bring in our own perspective from our respective background, we debate on every single topic and walk back with elegant solutions.
The career management has been extremely patient and helpful. I have heard my friends from other schools complaining about their career management but fortunately my school has a very strong and dedicated team.
Professors are more like facilitators of great discussion and they stretch our limits every single day. Our mode of study is mainly case study based and we try to bring up as many cases as possible.
Placement scenario here is Terry(fic). Almost everyone either passed out with a job or has one by now. More information on salary and placement is available on the website.
In case you have any question please reach out to me and i will be happy to help.
Athens is a small town very close to Atlanta. In Athens life is happening and almost in every weekend there is some sort of a social where you can go to network.

Regards

S
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1899 [0]
Send PM
Top Contributor
Hi All

The business school has a brand new building and i am attaching a link for that.
https://ath-cdn.com/sites/default/files/ ... 2003RH.JPG
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Any international student received R1 invite?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Vjith nope. No information or updates yet. So surprised to see this page very silent and inactive. Been quite sometime since I submitted the application.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Kudos
Top Contributor
Hey Guys

so how are the applications coming up? I have been getting calls from people enquiring more about my class and the school as a whole. I would like to mention at this point that international candidates looking for greater scholarships should try applying sooner. R3 becomes very competitive sometimes.
As i always say, I am always here to take your questions and help you in whatever way i can.
All the best with your apps.

Regards

S
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi S,

Have submitted application for R1. Havent heard back on anything yet. Would you suggest I write back and ask on any updates or should i just wait?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey jraghav, I got my invite mail this morning. The have asked me to schedule an appointment. I guess the international invites would have started.

Hey S, any tips for the interview?

thanks
vjith
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Vjith

Thanks. I guess I will have to wait for mine then. Also out of curiosity when did you submit your application??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hi jraghav,

I submitted my app on 4th Oct.
Retired Moderator
Send PM
Kudos
Top Contributor
Guys

If you need to talk to me in n person for some tips or information drop me a pm and i will share my contact details..

Regards

S

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,
I applied for Terry Full time MBA in R2 and have received an interview invitation. Has anyone else who applied in R2 received an invitation? Please share your interview experience if you've completed it.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V28
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
Graduate assistantship

Admitted on: 2016/11/23
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 640, Q48, V28
GPA: 3.37
WE: 37 months
Industry: Other
Decision Received on: 2016/11/23
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.41
WE:Marketing (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Graduate assistantship & Fellowship

Admitted on: 20/01/2017
Heard back via: Email
GMAT: 720, GPA: 3.41
WE: 22 months
Industry: Financial Services
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 3130 [0]
Given Kudos: 893
GRE 1: Q169 V154
Send PM
This thread is tooooo Quiet as compared to last year.

Terry is such a great school.
I will definitely target it Round 1 next application cycle.

Hi WaterFlowsUp
Could you please share your Terry experience thus far.

Regards
Stone Cold
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts