Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:24 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Katz '18 (A)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.76
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.84
WE:Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Kudos
ashsetlur wrote:
ambitiousnerd wrote:
Hello All,

I am a first year student of two year Full-time MBA program at Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh graduating in 2018.
You can ask questions about school/Admissions etc here in the thread.

Happy to answer :)

Hi there!

I have also been invited for the evaluative interview with Katz.

Any specific tips about how to answer questions regarding experience from a management perspective? I have been a developer in the IT industry so far and apart from leading teams and organizing many events during my academic life, I haven't had a chance to lead in a professional environment.

ashsetlur - responding to your question
You need to have examples/stories of all the situations. Talk about the skills that you developed over time, backed up with the stories in STAR format.
There may be follow up questions on HOW/WHAT theme on the examples.
e.g. leading teams as a developer is a very generic statement. What did you accomplish, and what was the impact on the business would be more important in this case.

Email me if you have any specific questions - varun.ajmani@pitt.edu

Thanks,
Varun
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
GPA: 3.84
WE:Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Katz (Pittsburgh) MBA Applicants(2017 Intake)Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Guys!!

All the best for those who have scheduled their interviews. Please share your interview experience or those who have already given please share now :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Schools: Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business - Class of 2018
GMAT 1: 570 Q47 V21
GMAT 2: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Everyone,

I wish all of you good luck for Interviews. See you soon at Katz.

Regards
Anirudh Kothari
MBA Class of 2018 | Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business
University of Pittsburgh
Email : anirudh.kothari@pitt.edu | Cell: (412)-880-9654
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Hi I received a mail saying admissions committee thinks MSMIS will be better for me instead of a dual degree since I already have a MBA from India. Can Any one tell me what is the placement scenario for MS MIS as they have started one year program this year only. I know there will be extension of OPT because of STEM degree but will it have any negative impact if done without accompanied courses of MBA also how about loss due to no internship.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
ravisharma017 wrote:
Hi I received a mail saying admissions committee thinks MSMIS will be better for me instead of a dual degree since I already have a MBA from India. Can Any one tell me what is the placement scenario for MS MIS as they have started one year program this year only. I know there will be extension of OPT because of STEM degree but will it have any negative impact if done without accompanied courses of MBA also how about loss due to no internship.

MS MIS at Katz is a very good program if you're seeking a job in Tech industry. It can be suited for Consulting firms as well, but more for the Tech companies.
I agree that there is a loss in terms of no internship; also, one year is not sufficient to build your network and reach out to the right folks because you'll be pretty occupied with coursework and assignments. Having said that, 3 yr OPT will sell very well with a lot of companies.

I can connect you with people pursuing one year program.
Email me - varun.ajmani@pitt.edu
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
The first 20 minutes of the interview went well.
But I tanked it in the last 5 min.
Finger crossed.

Sent from my Lenovo A7000-a using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Kudos
it couldn't have been worse than mine just when I was presenting solution to the case study the power went out :oops: :oops: :oops: . The funny part was when I reconnected with my mobile and my brother was pointing a torch on my face :twisted: :twisted: so that the interviewer could see my face. and while he was answering my questions at the end the power came back :shock: :shock: so even he was like "Oh great!!!!! you have got power back now" :roll: :roll: . My whole family could not stop laughing for the next half an hour when I came out of the room and narrated them what just happened. :lol: :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ravisharma017 wrote:
it couldn't have been worse than mine just when I was presenting solution to the case study the power went out :oops: :oops: :oops: . The funny part was when I reconnected with my mobile and my brother was pointing a torch on my face :twisted: :twisted: so that the interviewer could see my face. and while he was answering my questions at the end the power came back :shock: :shock: so even he was like "Oh great!!!!! you have got power back now" :roll: :roll: . My whole family could not stop laughing for the next half an hour when I came out of the room and narrated them what just happened. :lol:

Then beat this:
I was talking perfectly fine.
But suddenly said 'diversities' instead of 'adversities'. And could not recover from the shock!!! (Megafacepalm)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Did they mention when they will get back with the results?

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
ravisharma017 wrote:
it couldn't have been worse than mine just when I was presenting solution to the case study the power went out :oops: :oops: :oops: . The funny part was when I reconnected with my mobile and my brother was pointing a torch on my face :twisted: :twisted: so that the interviewer could see my face. and while he was answering my questions at the end the power came back :shock: :shock: so even he was like "Oh great!!!!! you have got power back now" :roll: :roll: . My whole family could not stop laughing for the next half an hour when I came out of the room and narrated them what just happened. :lol: :lol:

How were the questions? What was your concentration?

Originally posted by Phenomenal on 19 Oct 2016, 23:34.
Last edited by Phenomenal on 03 Nov 2016, 13:42, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Any update?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anybody received admit offer yet?

MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Sincere thanks to current Katz students - varunajmani2110 & ambitiousnerd - for taking time out of their school/study schedules to contribute on forum and help prospective applicants. You guys are awesome! We appreciate your contribution in this thread. :thanks
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Here is latest R1 admission scenario. 11 applicants & 4 interview invites. Congrats to all invited applicants!

Those who are getting invites, please submit your status on App Tracker (Now both registered and unregistered users can submit their status on the tracker) katz-pittsburgh-262/app-tracker.html

Attachment:
Katz_Invites.png
Katz_Invites.png [ 79.55 KiB | Viewed 4074 times ]
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.76
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
I had a 25 minute interview... It proceeded quite well considering the initial scare [Skype blocked out my ID created specially for this purpose... thankfully had a fallback ID and the interviewer was kind enough to email me, letting me change my ID half an hour before the interview.. Phew!]

All was good until I blanked out for about for a minute on a question asked... Hope everything goes well. I was told to expect the response from them sometime in December as the application would be scrutinized in detail considering the interview notes as well.

Fingers crossed! All the best to all of them waiting for the results :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Just had a half hour interview with Bill Valenta. Normal questions as mentioned by others. No curve balls or case study for me. He said they would give a decision in 1-2 weeks. But ashsetlur says december. I dont know if that is good or bad. Anyways, all the best to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Operations
Send PM
Hello everyone,
Had my interview on 26th. Couldn't get a chance to debrief. The interview went on OK. The interview lasted for 20 minutes.
There were no major surprises.
Just one advice, please be thorough with your resume. and take care of lighting in the room.
In my case, I realized it quite late that the room wasn't well lit. But I will take care of it in my other interviews.
Keeping my fingers crossed hoping for the best.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts