Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:54 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:54

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Technology, International Business
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 234 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
gunjit wrote:
FightToSurvive wrote:
gunjit wrote:

I received an interview invite on 15 Oct....

Congrats.
Did you fill the details such as military exp etc. Because for me it's showing incomplete or we need to write "NA" in those places?

Any idea?
Are you international student?

Posted from my mobile device

I don't exactly remember, but I must have. It shouldn't say incomplete in the application portal.
Current status for my application is this "The initial phase of the admission process has been completed. Your application is now pending review by the program/plan of study admissions committee. Please be patient; you will be contacted by the program/plan of study directly when a decision has been made."
Yes, I'm an international student from India...

Even I am having the same status.
But the status view bar is in red colour.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Smeal (Penn State) Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
"Status" button is red for me as well, besides if anything important were missing from application then adcom would have contacted you. So, I don't think that should be a cause of concern.
My advice is to sit tight and wait for that interview invite :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Anyone else receive interview invites?

Smeal is relatively slow with their decisions this time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q40 V41
GPA: 3.35
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Got an interview invite today via email.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Congrats. Mbasailor

All d best for the interview and do share your interview experience.

Btw, when did you submit your application?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
chitze wrote:
Congrats. Mbasailor

All d best for the interview and do share your interview experience.

Btw, when did you submit your application?

I submitted on the 30th of September but one of my recommenders submitted after the deadline so I think that slowed things down.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Okay... I too submitted on 30th Sept.
Lets see how it goes.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
26 days passed....still no sign of an interview invite?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So far only gunjit and MBAsailor have received invites.

I have contacted admissions staff and they coldly replied that decision dates for round 1 is Dec. 1,2016.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Steel Authority of India Limited
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.08
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Yesterday, I received an invitation for the MBA Open House. Anybody else who received it?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I also received the same but that is not the official invitation to interview.

Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Steel Authority of India Limited
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.08
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Yeah I know. That's the one everybody is waiting for...
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I know some of you guys may be in India so that would make doing the preview day pretty difficult. If you are in the U.S. though and Smeal is somewhere you really want to go I highly recommend attending the preview day. I went to the one in September and I have no doubt that showing my interest by taking off work and heading up to State College has helped me with them so far. That is absolutely true with any good school. Unless you're on the other side of the world I don't think they will feel that great about an applicant that's never seen the school (save a stellar profile they really want of course).

Easy for me to say, but I wouldn't get down on the interview invite situation. Looking back at last year, it seems very few people updated their statuses, and as was pointed out 2 people have said they were invited to interview but I'm the only one who has actually changed the status to such. I think a lot of people create an account and get the info they need and then don't bother doing anything else with the forum.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Quote:
Easy for me to say, but I wouldn't get down on the interview invite situation. Looking back at last year, it seems very few people updated their statuses, and as was pointed out 2 people have said they were invited to interview but I'm the only one who has actually changed the status to such. I think a lot of people create an account and get the info they need and then don't bother doing anything else with the forum.

That is definitely true. However at least few others would have updated or informed about their interview invite if many received them. If Smeal invites very few candidates for interview then it is altogether a different issue.

MBAsailor When is your interview scheduled ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
chitze wrote:
Quote:

That is definitely true. However at least few others would have updated or informed about their interview invite if many received them. If Smeal invites very few candidates for interview then it is altogether a different issue.

MBAsailor When is your interview scheduled ?

I'm headed up to Happy Valley next week. I'll give a debrief.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
Kudos
Hello everyone,

I hope you are doing well. If you're getting ready for an interview with Smeal, I recommend that you be prepared with a ton of questions to ask. The interview I had was very conversational, and during the interview I had ample time to chime in and ask about questions I had, whatever they were.

When it comes to questions they ask, I wouldn't say they really pulled any surprises. I was caught off guard by the question "What do you like to do for fun?" in a prior interview, so I had already prepared something a little more thoughtful than "watch football and drink beer with my friends."

I would also recommend being able to speak to all aspects of the application, from work history to goals to other things that may make you a special candidate. Think about successes and failures that you have had in the past as well as difficult or trying situations (for whatever reason: ethics, environment, etc.).

Originally posted by chiefvacationofficer on 27 Oct 2016, 18:22.
Last edited by chiefvacationofficer on 28 Oct 2016, 09:47, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.76
WE:Programming (Computer Software)
Send PM
Phenomenal wrote:
20 days and no news yet. Has anyone been accepted for interview yet?

There were some optional questions about miilitary work experience and joint degrees. Has anyone answered them? the application status is in red because of that. Should I fill something like Not Applicable?

I am not sure if it makes a difference. Some questions could be marked with NA but the question about GPAs must be left blank in case of a non-4.0 GPA. So, not quite sure how this will impact.

A couple of days after I submitted my application (30th Sept.), I got an email from the ADCOM to furnish a letter of recommendation. As one of the letters didn't have my name on it (omitted by a Manager unfortunately :( ), they hadn't known that it was for me. It was quickly added to my file within the day. That was the only response from their side.

The application status site simply asks us to be patient. Really hard to do that with all the suspense :P
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts