Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: International Business, Operations
GRE 1: Q167 V146
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Reserved Post.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Mannheim MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi all, I am a prospective student who is planning to apply for the class of 2017. Since this thread is very quiet, but there are 8 members on research, maybe someone can post something about their progress on researching so this place can be quiet lively.

Cheers mate :-D :-D
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
kimtaeyeon89 wrote:
Hi all, I am a prospective student who is planning to apply for the class of 2017. Since this thread is very quiet, but there are 8 members on research, maybe someone can post something about their progress on researching so this place can be quiet lively.

I agree and hope so. Why don't you initiate a discussion by telling a little bit about yourself - location, professional background, work experience, GMAT/GPA, etc. - and reasons for choosing Mannheim for MBA. I guess this is the what even adcoms would want to know at first place; Why applicants think that Mannheim is a right choice for them.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Welcome all other Mannheim applicants in this discussion.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Mannheim"18
Send PM
Hi, i am a doctor working with armed forces interested in MBA from Mannheim. GMAT -640. Has anyone applied for 2017 batch?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
kimtaeyeon89 wrote:

I agree and hope so. Why don't you initiate a discussion by telling a little bit about yourself - location, professional background, work experience, GMAT/GPA, etc. - and reasons for choosing Mannheim for MBA. I guess this is the what even adcoms would want to know at first place; Why applicants think that Mannheim is a right choice for them.

Hi Narenn,
thanks for your reply. I am a mining engineer with 4.5 years of experience, my work has been spent entirely as a miner but I want to change my career path to a management part. My GRE was 313 and my GPA was 3.03/4. I come from Southeast Asia which is makes me unique to German MBA applicant pool.
Mannheim itself i think is underrated in terms of top business school around the world. Maybe because of the language problem (you are advised to speak fluent German BEFORE you matriculate at the school).
Hi drtina,
Wonderful to have you here. As mentioned before from Narenn, can you give more explanation on yourself, where are you come from, what experience you had, your GPA and why mannheim? Maybe I can give you an advice after look at your profile.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
Hi guys, this is Arun here.I am researching schools now.might apply to Mannheim by January. I work as a technical manager in IT.
I am an indian with a total of 10 yrs experience and have around 4 years international experience in 3 different european countries.I have a GMAT 660.it will be useful if someone who has interviewed share their experience here

Sent from my A0001 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello everyone I am Gautam Malhotra. I am doing a Mannheim school application.
My profile
Class X : 80%
Class XII : 69%
GMAT : 650
WORK EXP: 11.5 Years
Industry : Merchant Navy officer- oil/chemical/gas tanker operations
Would love to co ordinate with other peers planning for Mannheim MBA.

Any feedback on my profile is most welcomed
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
Hi there,
Welcome gautam.
I am not qualified to review your profile.however what i can say is you have a very diverse merchant navy bakground that will interest a lot of business schools.we can always help each others with the application.have you or anyone started the application ?if so are we supposed to respond to the essay questions only in the 4 or 5 lines present in the application form

-Arun
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Just got my admit today.. I am so thrilled.. hahaha

Hello Arun, do not worried too much on the interview. It is not that complicated when I was doing mine. On the essay question, I am not in the position to answer, because mine was pretty short and did not take extra line. Probably you can ask the admission manager, she will respond your question quickly.

Hello Gautam, it is nice to have you here. Are you already submit your application? Because if you want to be considered for round 1, the deadline is tomorrow (30 nov).

I will try to answer your question regarding my experience during admission as best as I can.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi Kim,
Congratulations on your admit. I would definitely like to network with you & would value your admission experience.
Can you provide me with your skype ID. Mine is gautam.malhotra348. Unfortunately , i wont be able to apply by 30 Nov.
I will try to submit my application by 7th December. Congrats once again on your admit.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
My admission experience was straightforward. I visited the school on the mid-october and talked with adcoms and several students there.
After I going back to my country, then I start the application. My first interview was quiet short because I've talked a lot with the adcoms during my visit, so the question is just around what do I feel during my visit, why do I decide to apply. The first interview is just 30 minutes via skype.

My second interview was rather rigorous. I was given a case study and need to explain the problem and solution to the case. After the case study, I was also asked about my profile and career plan. Lot of 'trap' question there, so I think you are really need to prepare your answer. I did not really confident with my case study answer, but I really trying hard to convince them that my career plan and work experience is coherent with the program. The interview lasts more than one hour because we had a long discussion, but overall the interviewer was fair and square about my career goals and my admission chance.

Please kindly note that from last year experience, the admission process could be different for each candidate, so my experience could be irrelevant to several candidate and vice -versa.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Send PM
kimtaeyeon89 wrote:
My admission experience was straightforward. I visited the school on the mid-october and talked with adcoms and several students there.
After I going back to my country, then I start the application. My first interview was quiet short because I've talked a lot with the adcoms during my visit, so the question is just around what do I feel during my visit, why do I decide to apply. The first interview is just 30 minutes via skype.

My second interview was rather rigorous. I was given a case study and need to explain the problem and solution to the case. After the case study, I was also asked about my profile and career plan. Lot of 'trap' question there, so I think you are really need to prepare your answer. I did not really confident with my case study answer, but I really trying hard to convince them that my career plan and work experience is coherent with the program. The interview lasts more than one hour because we had a long discussion, but overall the interviewer was fair and square about my career goals and my admission chance.

Please kindly note that from last year experience, the admission process could be different for each candidate, so my experience could be irrelevant to several candidate and vice -versa.

Congrats!

Could you explain what do you mean with "Lot of 'trap' question there, so I think you are really need to prepare your answer."? What kind of questions are asked?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
kimtaeyeon89 wrote:
Just got my admit today.. I am so thrilled.. hahaha

Hello Arun, do not worried too much on the interview. It is not that complicated when I was doing mine. On the essay question, I am not in the position to answer, because mine was pretty short and did not take extra line. Probably you can ask the admission manager, she will respond your question quickly.

Hello Gautam, it is nice to have you here. Are you already submit your application? Because if you want to be considered for round 1, the deadline is tomorrow (30 nov).

I will try to answer your question regarding my experience during admission as best as I can.

Wow great .well done and congratulations Kim!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Chrismooo,
I mean the 'trap' question was regarding my career and back up plan. As a non-EU citizen and non German working visa/ blue card holder, I need to convince the interviewer would I 'fit' into German job market after I graduate and the 'what if' questions. Probably if you are an EU citizen/working visa holder it would not be complicated.

Hi raarun, thank you very much. I hope you can succeed on the admission process as well.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi kim
Can you please tell me what all information to your C.V , which is to be submitted with the application.
My C.V includes - education qualification table/ job title & responsibilities / corporate initiatives.
Would be confined to 2 pages max.
Please advise
Thanks
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Gautam,
That is pretty much all of the CV should contain. Given your 10+ years of work experience, you should include your achievements and possibly underline your 'unique value' for the class and the program. Professional and/or language certification could be included if you want to.
I also have added your skype contact. I wish you luck for the application process.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts