Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3626 [0]
Given Kudos: 816
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg Admits - Class of 2018/19!! [#permalink]
Kudos
Summary of my interactions with finaid team and other students is as follows. You all are welcome to add-
1. Kellogg offers NU student loans for international students (Option A- US cosigner, Option B- International co-signer). With 0.5% difference in interest rates
2. Kellogg finaid team will assess each case and offer the need based loan
3. Kellogg confirmed that they typically try to complete this process before we have to make the non-refundable deposit. Good!
4. Maximum loan one can get is = COA - scholarship - family funding - other loans
5. I found in some of the older threads that students received the scholarships too as a part of financial rewards.

Did anyone find any other loan options? or any additional useful information? Also anyone received full 80% offer from Prodigy?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.58
WE:Corporate Finance (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Does anyone know if your admission decision effects your financial aid package? I'm thinking of putting down my deposit prior to submitting the application but don't want it to negatively effect my chances to get need based scholarships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Goillini13 wrote:
Does anyone know if your admission decision effects your financial aid package? I'm thinking of putting down my deposit prior to submitting the application but don't want it to negatively effect my chances to get need based scholarships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont think this changes anything. Basing this off last year's thread.

In any case, why don't you wait? If you submit before the 6th of Jan you should hear back before the deadline for the deposit.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
BSeasoned wrote:
Summary of my interactions with finaid team and other students is as follows. You all are welcome to add-
1. Kellogg offers NU student loans for international students (Option A- US cosigner, Option B- International co-signer). With 0.5% difference in interest rates
3. Kellogg confirmed that they typically try to complete this process before we have to make the non-refundable deposit. Good!
4. Maximum loan one can get is = COA - scholarship - family funding - other loans
5. I found in some of the older threads that students received the scholarships too as a part of financial rewards.

Did anyone find any other loan options? or any additional useful information? Also anyone received full 80% offer from Prodigy?

This is helpful. Thanks!

To point 5. I believe the need based scholarships (not to be confused with merit based that are offered at the time of giving the offer) are for US citizens? Or have these been given to international students?

Also, in the finaid form I was hoping to put in more info in terms of why I might need the whole COA as a loan. But there wasn't a lot of space, like 500 characters to put any comments. Would it be worth reaching out the finaid team to discuss this? Or wait for the outcome and then discuss?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
KronicXD wrote:
BSeasoned wrote:

This is helpful. Thanks!

To point 5. I believe the need based scholarships (not to be confused with merit based that are offered at the time of giving the offer) are for US citizens? Or have these been given to international students?

I'd try reaching out directly. Doesn't hurt. I had a few questions about the fin aid app and called the office and they were more than happy to help and answer questions.
Also, in the finaid form I was hoping to put in more info in terms of why I might need the whole COA as a loan. But there wasn't a lot of space, like 500 characters to put any comments. Would it be worth reaching out the finaid team to discuss this? Or wait for the outcome and then discuss?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Probably not the right place for this topic but posting it here anyway...

Did anyone who got admitted in R1 botch their video essays? I just did my video essays for R2 and they didn't go very well at all. I got cut off on one question, rambled quite a bit on another, and overall I just don't think I said anything that will help my case. I practiced but it was still a very flustering experience.

Curious to know if any of you had a similar experience and still got admitted. Does anyone know how much weight the video essays carry in Kellogg's "holistic" evaluation of candidates?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mbaboop wrote:
Probably not the right place for this topic but posting it here anyway...

Did anyone who got admitted in R1 botch their video essays? I just did my video essays for R2 and they didn't go very well at all. I got cut off on one question, rambled quite a bit on another, and overall I just don't think I said anything that will help my case. I practiced but it was still a very flustering experience.

Curious to know if any of you had a similar experience and still got admitted. Does anyone know how much weight the video essays carry in Kellogg's "holistic" evaluation of candidates?

I had a similar situation, but more I rushed answering one question as I was running out of time and then got cut halfway through a sentence at the end. It wasn't an issue as I got away with it - but my interview went really well, I connected with the interviewer and still am in touch with him.

I've spoken to someone in the admissions team and they mentioned this happens a lot and is nothing to worry about. They look at the video interview right at the end and it's more a pivot if and when they are uncertain about a candidate, but just another point in the entire application. I'd rank it comfortably below the in-person interview and application itself (academics, work exp, purpose).

But do remember getting in isn't easy by any means, but don't let it get your hopes down. I'd suggest acing the in-person interview to leverage this.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone received confirmation that their background check is complete? Do they notify via email?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
canada1991 wrote:
Has anyone received confirmation that their background check is complete? Do they notify via email?

I don't think you'd get that confirmation until later in the year, this would come from Kellogg, not re vera.

I was just going to submit my verification form. Where do I find my application ID? Is this the same as the student ID?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Does anyone know when financial aid decisions are going to be released? Do we think they'll be out before DAK?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
MarketingMaven wrote:
Does anyone know when financial aid decisions are going to be released? Do we think they'll be out before DAK?

Not 100% sure if they will be out before DAK. But if you submitted before the advised deadline they will be out before the deposit deadline.

My best guess would be some time late next week.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
I got my financial aid package.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Send PM
My admission contact in Kellogg takes more than 10 days to reply to a mail. Is anyone else facing the same problem. What should I do? Its a little frustrating I will admit :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anyone know when in Feb we can expect to find out about where the KWEST trips are headed? :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.68
Send PM
canada1991 wrote:
Anyone know when in Feb we can expect to find out about where the KWEST trips are headed? :)

They gave us a sheet at DAK I with all the destinations. Happy to take a picture and share with you via PM if you're interested!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
raknep wrote:
canada1991 wrote:

They gave us a sheet at DAK I with all the destinations. Happy to take a picture and share with you via PM if you're interested!

That would be great!! Thank you so much :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Can you please brief how the background check process works? Do they contact the recommenders? Anything one should be worried about or take care?

KronicXD wrote:
canada1991 wrote:

I don't think you'd get that confirmation until later in the year, this would come from Kellogg, not re vera.

I was just going to submit my verification form. Where do I find my application ID? Is this the same as the student ID?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts