Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V39
Send PM
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [3]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.76
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Kudos
KE139 wrote:
I have my interview in a few hours. I'll try to post a short summary later today.

Had a Skype interview this morning; it was very conversational & friendly. It went so quickly it felt like I barely answered any questions. The interviewer and I seemed to connect immediately.

Topics were, for the most part, typical:
  • Resume walkthrough
  • Specific questions to my role, organization, and industry
  • Why an MBA? Why now? Why Tepper?
  • Behavioral questions in the "tell me about a time" format

Then I had a chance to ask a few questions and before I knew it, we were done. There is absolutely nothing to stress about before the interview. Know your resume, some recent accomplishments and challenges, and most importantly, when you've said enough before you start to ramble. Take a deep breath as the call notification pops up on your screen, accept the call, and be yourself.

For everyone else interviewing, I wish you the best of luck. For those who are anxiously waiting for an interview invite, step away from your email--go have some fun, enjoy life, and you'll be pleasantly surprised when you see the invite in your inbox.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Re: Calling all CMU Tepper MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Thanks for the details friend. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: McCombs '19
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
Send PM
shutter_Stock wrote:
abhimahna wrote:
Looks like no one is receiving any updates from Tepper since 5/6th Jan.

What does I infer out of that? Are they done with R2 Shortlisting also?

Hi,

FWIW, Tepper sends across interview invite in two tranches. The first tranche appears to be a metric based cutoff - based on region wise GMAT scores. I got the invite highlighting " Post initial review"(exact words) - we are rolling out the invite ( not exact words). The 2nd tranche which should be rolled out in the next week(can extend to next to next week) is post full review of the applications.

All info based on research of past threads and speculation.

Moreover, I too am getting the same on my submit screen.

So does that mean anything? Do people who are invited to interview based on the metric cutoff have a lower chance or a higher chance of getting admitted?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
WE:Management Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
The metric based cutoff hypothesis is just a theory rooted in observations. Please don't take this as a fact. It is just that I find it hard to believe Tepper can roll out so many invites within 56 hours by reading the whole application. It seems operationally difficult. FWIW, The metrics notwithstanding, I believe it is a level playing field. #weareallgonnamakeit.

Please take all of this with a grain of salt.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.76
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
mani51089 wrote:
shutter_Stock wrote:
abhimahna wrote:
Looks like no one is receiving any updates from Tepper since 5/6th Jan.

What does I infer out of that? Are they done with R2 Shortlisting also?

Hi,

FWIW, Tepper sends across interview invite in two tranches. The first tranche appears to be a metric based cutoff - based on region wise GMAT scores. I got the invite highlighting " Post initial review"(exact words) - we are rolling out the invite ( not exact words). The 2nd tranche which should be rolled out in the next week(can extend to next to next week) is post full review of the applications.

All info based on research of past threads and speculation.

Moreover, I too am getting the same on my submit screen.

So does that mean anything? Do people who are invited to interview based on the metric cutoff have a lower chance or a higher chance of getting admitted?

Some thoughts...

If they are indeed using a metric based cutoff for initial interview invites, I think that is just an easy method for ensuring interviews are blind. Once the adcom starts reading applications it becomes more difficult to have a blind interview and narrows the pool of adcom members who could interview you. When I registered for my interview, I could see exactly who would be interviewing me based on the time selected. I wonder what would happen if you select someone who already read your application. Do they change who will interview you in order to guarantee all interviews are blind? Or are certain interview slots not available to you based on the assigned interviewer?

Thinking about these things is a great way to help pass the time between now and mid-March...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
"One week after the application deadline, we will begin the first of several waves of interview invitations. Don’t sweat it if you aren’t among those who receive an early invitation. We need to start somewhere with the process, and literally conduct interviews up through a few days prior to the decision notification date. Keep checking your email!"

"INTERVIEW INVITATION
Within one week of the application deadline, we begin to invite applicants to interview. The initial invitations are sent to a group of candidates based on an initial review of application information.

We typically begin the interview cycle by holding interviews on Monday, Tuesday and Thursday with a combination of on-campus appointments and Skype slots. For those coming to campus, the interview appointments are created to allow for a Campus Visit as well.

Quite literally, if you are not invited to interview initially, you may receive an invitation any time prior to the decision notification date. The Admissions Committee (AdCom) puts no value on the timing of when you were invited to interview – it doesn’t matter if you were the first person to interview or the last person to receive an invitation. At the end of the day, AdCom is interested in knowing how well the interview went."

- Admissions Blog

I hope this will shed some light on all the questions about the interview invites
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.12
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kelly369 can you tell me how was the interview and are you admitted ???
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V28
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi, I am a R2 applicant. I got a problem with official IELTS score reporting. The test center said they couldn't find "Tepper" in their system so they couldn't send the score to Tepper electronically. Actually they can send a hard copy via courier, but I didn't see any address provided in the application instruction.
Note that I have contacted the admission office already but haven't got the response yet.

Anyone got the same problem? Thanks.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
hellovenus wrote:
Hi, I am a R2 applicant. I got a problem with official IELTS score reporting. The test center said they couldn't find "Tepper" in their system so they couldn't send the score to Tepper electronically. Actually they can send a hard copy via courier, but I didn't see any address provided in the application instruction.
Note that I have contacted the admission office already but haven't got the response yet.

I believe if you have already sent an email to them, it should not be a problem.

Also, try calling them and ask them for a solution.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
Any idea when would they send more interview calls? or is it over?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:

I think it's over, I feel heart broken for not even getting an interview invite.
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
shardul1988 wrote:
abhimahna wrote:

I think it's over, I feel heart broken for not even getting an interview invite.

I feel the same. :(
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V39
Send PM
No, I don't think that it is over yet!
Got a mail from admissions day before. **Wrong assumption** you can breathe now! It was not an interview invite. :lol: They wanted some clarification on the scoring criterion of my college and they also clarified that they still haven't sent my file to the review committee.

I believe the admissions committee is still reviewing the applications and some of us would definitely hear from them in a week or so!
Board of Directors
Send PM
Expert Reply
vertex wrote:
Got a mail from admissions day before. **Wrong assumption** you can breathe now! It was not an interview invite. :lol: They wanted some clarification on the scoring criterion of my college and they also clarified that they still haven't sent my file to the review committee.

I believe the admissions committee is still reviewing the applications and some of us would definitely hear from them in a week or so!

Thanks friend.

So basically next 15-20 days are very important for everyone of us.

I can't even sleep these days. Not sure how suddenly I wake up in the night and start checking my emails. :-D

**Interviewinvitephobia** :P
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V28
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
hellovenus wrote:

I believe if you have already sent an email to them, it should not be a problem.

Also, try calling them and ask them for a solution.

Thank you! I sent them a scanned copy of my scores and just got the response that they will try to retrieve my official score from IELTS system instead.
Hope everything gonna be alright!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
vertex wrote:

Thanks friend.

I can't even sleep these days. Not sure how suddenly I wake up in the night and start checking my emails. :-D

@Abhimanha same happens here in the middle of the night. I Start checking all the tabs in the Gmail and if there are no mails I log in to gmatclub and check for updates :lol:
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 946 [0]
Given Kudos: 206
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.65
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Marathon92 wrote:
abhimahna wrote:
vertex wrote:

Thanks friend.

@Abhimanha same happens here in the middle of the night. I Start checking all the tabs in the Gmail and if there are no mails I log in to gmatclub and check for updates :lol:

Any new interview invites ?
This wait is killing me :(
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts