Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:27 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all Carey (John Hopkins) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake)!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Reserved Post.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 110
Send PM
Re: Calling all Carey (John Hopkins) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake)!! [#permalink]
Is anyone applying to jhu carey program for fall 17 intake?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
I have an interview scheduled for 1st December 2016. Any tips?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Josh: Nash
Concentration: Healthcare
GMAT 1: 650 Q40 V40
GPA: 3.02
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
riddhim wrote:

Get a haircut at a really nice place the day before and wear something really nice that fits well, not something that looks overly traditional. Looking on point will make a huge difference because most people go in not looking so great. Also make the interviewer laugh by just relaxing and being yourself because they've already heard a bunch of other people brag about themselves all day and probably don't care to hear that again. Look at this from a marketing standpoint not an academic standpoint; as if you were trying to make a sale not as if you're a goodie two shoes trying to get into a posh school. That's what business school is about anyways, results, not trying to be the nicest little professional student that your mom admires. Worked for me and seems to work for those who I've suggested it to in the past. You don't have to be the best you just have to be memorable.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
JoshNash94 wrote:
riddhim wrote:

Get a haircut at a really nice place the day before and wear something really nice that fits well, not something that looks overly traditional. Looking on point will make a huge difference because most people go in not looking so great. Also make the interviewer laugh by just relaxing and being yourself because they've already heard a bunch of other people brag about themselves all day and probably don't care to hear that again. Look at this from a marketing standpoint not an academic standpoint; as if you were trying to make a sale not as if you're a goodie two shoes trying to get into a posh school. That's what business school is about anyways, results, not trying to be the nicest little professional student that your mom admires. Worked for me and seems to work for those who I've suggested it to in the past. You don't have to be the best you just have to be memorable.

Thank you so much!! I have followed your pre-interview suggestions . Hoping for the best. Cheers!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 560 Q35 V33
GPA: 3.54
Send PM
Has anyone who interviewed for the first round heard back yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, I have not heard back yet.. I was hoping to receive a decision by today. But since 12th is the official date, let's see.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
riddhim wrote:
Hi, I have not heard back yet.. I was hoping to receive a decision by today. But since 12th is the official date, let's see.

I reached out to the admissions office yesterday because I was feeling anxious (also hoping that I would receive a decision before December 12th). The individual I spoke with indicated that all Round 1 decisions would be released on the 12th period. So at least we can "relax" a little bit. Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Conditional acceptance upon completion of MBA Math module. Scholarship included.

Originally posted by benjaminliongson on 12 Dec 2016, 11:58.
Last edited by benjaminliongson on 14 Dec 2016, 06:12, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Got in with scholarship :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Math module pending conditionally accepted.
@ riddhim– did the “Admitted Student website” link on the 'Welcome email' sent by Associate Dean Moore work for you? It directs me to the Carey homepage.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hey Carey0079, I've PM'd you the link~
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
iampotw wrote:
Hey Carey0079, I've PM'd you the link~

Thank you
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
Kudos
Got in with Scholarship! :) Best of Luck to other applicants. :)
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.42
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts