Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:36 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V40
GPA: 2.8
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 560 Q37 V30
GMAT 2: 600 Q48 V24
GMAT 3: 670 Q49 V32
GPA: 3.28
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Ross Michigan Class of 2019: Calling all Admitted Students!! [#permalink]
Hey everyone!

Guys for those international students who are planning to accept Ross offer, I want to ask about English for Business Studies. Will this mandatory course cost additional fee or is this fee included in full-time tuition?

Thanks in advance :-D

Tim
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know if ReVera/Ross will notify us once the background check is complete? I heard from them a month ago when they asked for some documents but haven't heard a peep since. I'm asking because I'm trying to plan a last-minute backpacking trip and don't want tp delay the process by not being able to speak to them on the phone/email. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE:Manufacturing and Production (Manufacturing)
Send PM
What documents did they ask for? Can you please give details? I always get nervous about these checks :roll:

yeeyee wrote:
Does anyone know if ReVera/Ross will notify us once the background check is complete? I heard from them a month ago when they asked for some documents but haven't heard a peep since. I'm asking because I'm trying to plan a last-minute backpacking trip and don't want tp delay the process by not being able to speak to them on the phone/email. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rohitbansal1507 wrote:
What documents did they ask for? Can you please give details? I always get nervous about these checks :roll:

yeeyee wrote:

Nothing I wasn't expecting (pay stub). From what I understand, unless you intentionally lied about something significant on your application, you should 100% be fine. It'd just be nice to get confirmation of completion so I can travel carefree lol.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Schools: Ross '19 (M$)
Send PM
Anyone having issues paying the enrollment deposit by Card? On the portal just comes up with an error. I will call tomorrow anyway but was wondering if it was just me?

Edit: Nevermind - paid it!

Originally posted by mbamsay on 12 Feb 2017, 12:14.
Last edited by mbamsay on 12 Feb 2017, 16:27, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
yeeyee wrote:

I got an email from Ross saying that the background check was complete.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Did they call the recommenders?
Both my recommenders are in different countries and I'm not sure how they'll respond in case they r called at random.

mrsandoo617 wrote:
yeeyee wrote:

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
ReVera did call my recommender. Just out of curiosity, how do you have 2 recommenders? The Ross application only asked for 1.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Oh ya..Sorry..one in case of Ross...Any idea what did they ask? My recommender is based in Saudi these days and has a crazy schedule. My recommendation must have been the lowest priority thing for him :roll:

mrsandoo617 wrote:
ReVera did call my recommender. Just out of curiosity, how do you have 2 recommenders? The Ross application only asked for 1.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mrsandoo617 wrote:
yeeyee wrote:

That's awesome. Congrats! Did they send an email to your personal email or your umich.edu account?

Also, if you don't mind me asking, when did your background check get started?

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
Could you please help me with the timeline of these verification processes? I haven't started either (don't want any calls to go to my HR till I resign), is it a matter of weeks or months?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mbanter wrote:
Could you please help me with the timeline of these verification processes? I haven't started either (don't want any calls to go to my HR till I resign), is it a matter of weeks or months?

Of course. You have nothing to worry about. When you start the process, you have the option of telling them to postpone the employment portion until you choose to resign.

I really think it depends on the individual. In my particular case, I paid Re Vera almost as soon as I got accepted (late December). I first heard from them in mid-January, and haven't heard anything since. I also have not received notification from Ross saying my background check was complete, so its been almost 2 months... Hope that was helpful!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GRE 1: Q168 V164
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Anyone know when the admit weekend is? Can't find it on the upcoming events page.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Yay! So excited to be able to post on here. I had a few questions re: background checks too.

1) My recommender and supervisor left the company in early January after our apps were due. Will that be an issue?
2) I'm hoping to quit my job and travel starting May, how long will the ReVera check take?

Hope to make it out for Admit Weekend!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Schools: Ross '19 (M$)
Send PM
deetdeet wrote:
Yay! So excited to be able to post on here. I had a few questions re: background checks too.

1) My recommender and supervisor left the company in early January after our apps were due. Will that be an issue?
2) I'm hoping to quit my job and travel starting May, how long will the ReVera check take?

Hope to make it out for Admit Weekend!

1) You should let them (Re Vera) know updated contact details for your recommender.
2) You can do that regardless of whether you are employed or not!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.63
Send PM
Hello all. I'm super excited to be admitted!

Can anyone speak to the importance of the admitted students weekend? I have existing travel plans that weekend with family and a changing them would require quite a few plane ticket cancellations, hotel changes and unhappy family members.

I've spoken to a number of current students and admissions folks who have all emphasized the importance of the admitted students weekend. However, it's hard for me to know if it is genuinely crucial, or if this is more of a "sell the school" weekend. I'd love some of your perspective. Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
From where are all international admits taking the loans? I am facing some difficulty and any advice will be appreciated.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts