Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 21:28 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 21:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.87
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
iccotdis wrote:
Bilalkhan118 wrote:

Hi "iccotdis"

Please give some information about the placement numbers recently published by INSEAD.

1. According to the numbers, 428 students (53%) found employment through the Career Development Centre / Alumni network.
What is the difference between the Career Development Centre and the Alumni network?

2. 89% of students out of those who were looking for jobs actively reported having received at least one job offer 3 months after their graduation date.
Isn't 89% low for the world no.1 school? Competing schools such as Wharton, Harvard, LBS, Columbia, Booth, etc have much better numbers.

3. Which campus is better for job placement for the middle east. i.e. UAE, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, etc?

Your help is greatly appreciated

Hi Bilalkhan118, it would be difficult for me to comment as the stats are for a previous class. However, I will give my 2 cents here.

1. Career Development Centre (CDC) is the INSEAD department responsible for the on-campus recruitment function for MBAs and other INSEAD students. They organise various events and liaise actively with the recruiters to bring them on campus. The Alumni Network is simply the network of INSEAD alumni. The network is incredible and they are very active during on-campus and off-campus recruitment events. The CDC also I think coordinates with the alumni during the recruitment season, so that's why perhaps they have grouped these together. The job hunt thing, btw, is not just limited to CDC / Alumni contacts. Sometimes it is important to create an Unique Recruiters list (URL) (INSEAD jargon), which is unique to you. For these recruiters, it is important that you use your own networking and relationship building skills.

2. 89%. This is the most difficult thing for me to comment on as I have no further information on this. However, I would say, unlike the other schools you have mentioned, INSEAD grads look for jobs all over the globe, so the comparisons might not be apt. Also, the class size is huge. So, even 89% is around 890 people who have found at least one job. I think people should ask whether they believe that they could be one of these 850+ people. From what I have seen so far, if you are focused and put in the hard work, you will have a job. It has just been a month since the Dec class has started and people already have Investment banking internship offers and interviews lined up with corporates. And honestly, the recruitment reason has not even started.

On the other hand, there are some who are taking things slowly and they want to explore what is available post MBA and that is fine too. Trust me, not everyone wants to do an internship or are looking for a job right away. Some have worked for years and don't need the money asap. So, I think the 89% takes into account all sorts of situations and my advise would be not to freak out just by looking at that.

3. For the middle east, I think Fonty is the best but just because it is closer. INSEAD organises middle east job fair in Dubai. Though I am not interested in that region, I have seen the list of companies attending these fairs and it is basically the who's who of the corporate world. Moreover, I think if you are in the July promotion, you get to spend one period in ABu Dhabi as part of your campus switch. I think that ought to help a lot. The Dec promotion doesn't have this available, so people interested in that region might need to do some extra networking. If you are interested in consulting in the Middle east, you dont need to worry about the campus as most consulting firms would do a centralised hiring scheme for all the regions.

I hope I answered your queries. Let me know if you need anything clarified.

Thanks a ton for the information
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (Sept 2017 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Not long now R2 guys. Anxiety is building!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Kudos
Received the call, starting in Fonty!

Good luck to everyone for this week!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.63
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Congratulations to the first admitted round 2!!!!! Welcome to the other side!!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Heita wrote:

Congratulations Heita! Who is your AO and what region are you applying from?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Heita wrote:

WOW, congratulations!!!!!! It's already started.... Now I am reeeaaaally nervous................ :!: :!: :!: :!:

so could you pls share your infor? e.g., location, AO, starting campus ... ... ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Ahh! This is gonna be a fun week!
Good Luck everyone! <3
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
Heita is from South Africa I guess... this week is going to be horrible, cant stop looking at my phyone
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Congratulations for the admit !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
lectter wrote:
Heita is from South Africa I guess... this week is going to be horrible, cant stop looking at my phyone

And can't stop checking new posts on this forum....

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Kudos
muffintop86 wrote:
Heita wrote:

Congratulations Heita! Who is your AO and what region are you applying from?

Thanks!

Starting in Fontainebleau, I'm from South Africa, changed AOs just before admission which might be why it was pushed earlier...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 2.88
Send PM
Hi guys !

As we all can tell that this week is getting really fun, let's imagine a minute that we are already on the other side.
So let's ask ourselves the following question : what is supposed to happen / are we expected to do once we get the positive final decision ?

A few ideas :
give our final answer within a few days ? send our original diploma ? undergo a background check ? transfer a first bunch of k€ ?

Insights will be highly appreciated.
Good luck to everyone, we'll make it !
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Send PM
FROM Insead Admissions Blog: When You Want Something, the Universe Conspires to Help You
“When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it”. This is one of my favourite quotes by my favourite author, Paulo Coelho, and it best reflects how I feel at INSEAD these days. In addition,... Continue Reading →
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
Tic tac tic tac tic tac
Intern
Intern
Send PM
i'm so anxious someone hold me
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Every time I get a notification on my phone, my heart skips a beat :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It is eerily quiet...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  41   42   43   44   45   46   47  ...  56   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts