Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 00:58 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 00:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32852 [1]
Given Kudos: 5775
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 360 [1]
Given Kudos: 144
Concentration: Leadership, Accounting
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Cesar: Cesar
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.8
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: GMAT Debrief: From 670 to 710 with EMPOWERgmat [#permalink]
Congratulations, you got an excellent score :)
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11664 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi All,

I wanted to address some of the comments in this thread since I believe that they were made on an incomplete experience. I'm not sure how much of the EMPOWERgmat Course jkolachi has used, but by his/her own admission, he's been skipping past most (if not all) of the video components of the Course. As such, he has no way of knowing what he's missing (and by extension - what the videos teach) so his commentary on what the Course does (or doesn't) focus on makes no sense. We've helped thousands of Test Takers to improve their scores (including some who went from the 300s/400s to the 700+ range) and by-and-large they all used the ENTIRE Course (without 'cherry-picking' past large chunks of it).

The key to scoring at a high level on the GMAT is NOT about "easy" questions vs. "hard" questions - it's about "gettable" questions vs. "too hard/weird to be reasonably attempted in a few minutes" questions. The EMPOWERgmat Course focuses on the concepts/patterns that you WILL see on the GMAT - by starting you off with 'basic' versions of the concepts and building up to more challenging material.

Any GMATer who's going to work through our practice materials without making active changes to how they "see" (and respond to) the GMAT will likely continue to score at the same general level, but that's true of just about any Test Taker working with just about any practice materials. Growth requires CHANGE. We focus on easy-to-use Tactics, built-in patterns that GMAT question writers use and all of the little 'secrets' to the Exam - while making sure that you learn all of the necessary content. Each of our Clients is ultimately responsible for practicing the necessary Tactics and putting in the proper study time. By extension, anyone not putting in the proper effort or skipping past the videos would miss a LOT of information (and certainly a lot of the secrets to scoring higher).

Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at our website (www.empowergmat.com). During your studies I suggest that you take advantage of all of them, then choose the one(s) that best match your personality, timeline and budget.

If you have any additional questions, then you can feel free to contact me directly.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51447 [2]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
GMAT Debrief: From 670 to 710 with EMPOWERgmat [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
I just wanted to quickly chime in about EMPOWERgmat. I have a fairly high GMAT score, and I have come to realize the harsh truth that my score may not be good enough for Indian male engineers. After months of applications and disappointment, I wanted to refresh my GMAT experience and took up EMPOWERgmat because:

A. I have used MGMAT, Veritas, e-GMAT in the past (mostly for review purposes)
B. Rich, in my opinion, has THE GMAT ear. Having a pretty long GMAT experience, I know it when I see it.

Although I have only covered 50-60% of the courses, I can absolutely comment on the quality of their videos. Quant videos are exceptional. They do a LOT of easy questions because they really want to drill the TEST IT strategy in your head so that you don't make calculative or algebraic blunders on test day.

I also found CR and RC to be absolutely phenomenal. (I strongly believe that if your idea of improving in these areas is to solve thousands of questions, you are not preparing it the right way). I love the way they diagram questions and force you to think about the missing info. I did not really care for SC much because that is my strong area, but I do appreciate the focus on identifying the question type and creating a mini-grid to make sure you do not mark a wrong answer. (In the pursuit of eliminating anxiety induced mistakes, I think these make great content for newbies and advances users alike).

I will write more detail after I retake the GMAT (mid-March), but so far I really like EMPOWERgmat.
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32852 [0]
Given Kudos: 5775
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Expert Reply
EMPOWERgmatRichC wrote:
Hi All,

I wanted to address some of the comments in this thread since I believe that they were made on an incomplete experience. I'm not sure how much of the EMPOWERgmat Course jkolachi has used, but by his/her own admission, he's been skipping past most (if not all) of the video components of the Course. As such, he has no way of knowing what he's missing (and by extension - what the videos teach) so his commentary on what the Course does (or doesn't) focus on makes no sense. We've helped thousands of Test Takers to improve their scores (including some who went from the 300s/400s to the 700+ range) and by-and-large they all used the ENTIRE Course (without 'cherry-picking' past large chunks of it).

The key to scoring at a high level on the GMAT is NOT about "easy" questions vs. "hard" questions - it's about "gettable" questions vs. "too hard/weird to be reasonably attempted in a few minutes" questions. The EMPOWERgmat Course focuses on the concepts/patterns that you WILL see on the GMAT - by starting you off with 'basic' versions of the concepts and building up to more challenging material.

Any GMATer who's going to work through our practice materials without making active changes to how they "see" (and respond to) the GMAT will likely continue to score at the same general level, but that's true of just about any Test Taker working with just about any practice materials. Growth requires CHANGE. We focus on easy-to-use Tactics, built-in patterns that GMAT question writers use and all of the little 'secrets' to the Exam - while making sure that you learn all of the necessary content. Each of our Clients is ultimately responsible for practicing the necessary Tactics and putting in the proper study time. By extension, anyone not putting in the proper effort or skipping past the videos would miss a LOT of information (and certainly a lot of the secrets to scoring higher).

Most GMAT Companies offer some type of free materials (practice problems, Trial Accounts, videos, etc.) that you can use to 'test out' a product before you buy it. We have a variety of those resources at our website (https://www.empowergmat.com). During your studies I suggest that you take advantage of all of them, then choose the one(s) that best match your personality, timeline and budget.

If you have any additional questions, then you can feel free to contact me directly.

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Rich

Nice explanation, sometime its depends upon your profile too that which course suits you
i am in my final semester now that will be end in may- June , i will keep in touch for further considerations

Thanks both of you Rich and Souvik

Regards
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts