Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:38 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GRE 1: Q160 V151
GPA: 3.23
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GRE 1: Q167 V157
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rice (Jones) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Had my interview yesterday (On campus). Very conversational, very down to earth interview by a second year student. I really got to get a feel of what was going on with Dean Rodriguez's vision for the school and where they see the school heading
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GRE 1: Q167 V157
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rice (Jones) MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Any idea as to when we can expect the final decision? April 5th is a long wait :lol:
Intern
Intern
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi,

Is anyone applying in round 3? I am an international student with a GMAT Score of 650 :( But i believe I have a strong profile with 3.5 years of work experience as a Manager in a consulting firm of India's second largest real estate developers. Also, experience in running my own family Agri- Business. Can anyone please tell me what are my chances of getting in?

Thank You:)
Dhanvini K S
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
All of us here are applicants, thus take our words with pinch of salt. R3 International applicant in a 110 class size might be difficult, and if you are Indian GMAT score can also be hindrance, as Jones is getting competitive.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Send PM
dhanviniks wrote:
Hi,

Is anyone applying in round 3? I am an international student with a GMAT Score of 650 :( But i believe I have a strong profile with 3.5 years of work experience as a Manager in a consulting firm of India's second largest real estate developers. Also, experience in running my own family Agri- Business. Can anyone please tell me what are my chances of getting in?

Dhanvini K S

Of course, R3 will be tight no matter what profile.
But that is not to say you won't make it. If you believe your profile is solid and have good stats, focus on essays and how you play it to the school.
Too add, I believe you won't mind if a year passes by? In that case, even if you get waitlisted / rejected this time, next year it will really show your commitment to them - that is if you have some money to burn for application fees.
But after all, it is you who will have to decide and judge. There is no single reason for which one is accepted or rejected. So, think about it and follow your heart with logic sprinkled on it.
All the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.73
Send PM
dhanviniks wrote:
Hi,

Dhanvini K S

This is not to discourage you but seeing the trend from Rice this year, an Indian with a GMAT score of 650 will find it hard to get admitted, irrespective of the round. I was told that this year in Round 1, the minimum GMAT score for an admitted Indian applicant was 720. If you feel, you've a great CGPA coupled with excellent work-ex, extra-curricular and stellar essays, then there is no harm in applying.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
XxxR8 wrote:

This is not to discourage you but seeing the trend from Rice this year, an Indian with a GMAT score of 650 will find it hard to get admitted, irrespective of the round. I was told that this year in Round 1, the minimum GMAT score for an admitted Indian applicant was 720. If you feel, you've a great CGPA coupled with excellent work-ex, extra-curricular and stellar essays, then there is no harm in applying.

HI XxxR8.
Have you decided on which school you are chosing? I saw your posts regarding dilemma between MBA and SCM. It would be interesting to know your thought process on what you chose and why.

On the other note - if you haven't chosen it yet. I'd lean on SCM. You won't be too old at 31, with masters degree. Many admits with masters degree do fall in this age range. And if that is what you want to do, you have the best school admit in your hand. May be you will decide that MBA is not what you want to spend money on!!
But of course, it is touch decision. With Trump effect, H1B conundrum, I'd say if you are leaning towards SCM, it will be a better choice from financial and job perspective.

Let me know your thoughts.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.73
Send PM
hiren2011 wrote:
XxxR8 wrote:

HI XxxR8.
Have you decided on which school you are chosing? I saw your posts regarding dilemma between MBA and SCM. It would be interesting to know your thought process on what you chose and why.

On the other note - if you haven't chosen it yet. I'd lean on SCM. You won't be too old at 31, with masters degree. Many admits with masters degree do fall in this age range. And if that is what you want to do, you have the best school admit in your hand. May be you will decide that MBA is not what you want to spend money on!!
But of course, it is touch decision. With Trump effect, H1B conundrum, I'd say if you are leaning towards SCM, it will be a better choice from financial and job perspective.

Hi Hiren,

I'll most probably be heading to Ann Arbor in a couple of months. Still waiting to hear from McCombs and McDonough but until and unless I receive a good scholarship, Ross is where i'm heading.

My reasoning is quite simple. I intend to have a career in Operations and looking to make a transition from Entrepreneurship to Tech in a Product/Project Manager role. Ross gives me the best opportunity for that. Also, my aim for MBA was always from a top 10 school in US and after getting a couple of dings, I decided to take the feedback and got to know that lack of International experience along with a recognised International under-grad University is holding me back.

So, hopefully, if in 3-4 years I felt that i need an MBA, then I'd be better positioned at that time to target a top 10 school than now. Of-course there is all the uncertainty regarding H1B, Trump and STEM really helps with that. Amazon is a very very big recruiter (called the laundry cleaner at UM) at Ross, so that also played a part in the decision.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
XxxR8 wrote:
hiren2011 wrote:
XxxR8 wrote:

HI XxxR8.

Hi Hiren,

I'll most probably be heading to Ann Arbor in a couple of months. Still waiting to hear from McCombs and McDonough but until and unless I receive a good scholarship, Ross is where i'm heading.

My reasoning is quite simple. I intend to have a career in Operations and looking to make a transition from Entrepreneurship to Tech in a Product/Project Manager role. Ross gives me the best opportunity for that. Also, my aim for MBA was always from a top 10 school in US and after getting a couple of dings, I decided to take the feedback and got to know that lack of International experience along with a recognised International under-grad University is holding me back.

So, hopefully, if in 3-4 years I felt that i need an MBA, then I'd be better positioned at that time to target a top 10 school than now. Of-course there is all the uncertainty regarding H1B, Trump and STEM really helps with that. Amazon is a very very big recruiter (called the laundry cleaner at UM) at Ross, so that also played a part in the decision.

Perfect.
Makes sense. All the best with whatever you choose. I'd have done mostly the same.
Kudos
Just got admitted this morning! Interviewed on 2/21
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
TexasAggie wrote:

Congratulations!! Mind sharing your stats and background?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
TexasAggie wrote:

That's awesome! Do you think you will accept?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
TexasAggie wrote:

Just received the call. I am in as well, from Asia!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GRE 1: Q160 V151
GPA: 3.23
Send PM
CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Decision date on their website is 5th April. Are the decisions rolling??
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
CrackuM7 wrote:

Yeah.
I wonder that too.

One post and I may think it off as a troll / prank. But when that number increases, seems fishy but still raises anxiety!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hiren2011 wrote:
CrackuM7 wrote:

Yeah.
I wonder that too.

One post and I may think it off as a troll / prank. But when that number increases, seems fishy but still raises anxiety!!

There are already two posts on GMAT club. With the class size of Jones, that's nearly 2% of the total class.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts