Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:28 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5425 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.57
WE:Architecture (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: Calling all Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Does anyone know what the Ross orientation weekend is for 2017? I know M-Treks are scheduled from August 18 - 29th but is orientation before or after? Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [2]
Schools: Ross '19 (M$)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Michigan Ross MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019! [#permalink]
Kudos
rachelm2 wrote:
Does anyone know what the Ross orientation weekend is for 2017? I know M-Treks are scheduled from August 18 - 29th but is orientation before or after? Thanks!

Taken from admit central:

English for Business Studies: June 26-July 28

New Student Check-In: July 29, Aug 3, Aug 4*

Accounting Prep Course: July 29-Aug 7

Ross International Student Orientation: Aug 2

MBA Orientation: Aug 7-11

Impact Challenge: Aug 14-17

MTrek: Aug 18-29

Classes Begin: Sept 5
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 84
Send PM
Kudos
Quick comparison of interview invites for ROSS
Attachments

Ross.png
Ross.png [ 11.25 KiB | Viewed 4899 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
zakkwylde01 wrote:

What is the source?

Posted from my mobile device

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
zakkwylde01 wrote:

This is so weird! Since all Ross round 2 invites are out.. how can it be so low in round 2?

I think people just havent reported their statuses yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
bb10 wrote:
zakkwylde01 wrote:

This is so weird! Since all Ross round 2 invites are out.. how can it be so low in round 2?

Why can't it be lower in R2? GMAT Club hardly represents the entire applicant pool.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GRE 1: Q168 V164
Send PM
bb10 wrote:
zakkwylde01 wrote:

Last year the adcom said they had more R1 apps than previous years. If you assume that trend continues for this year, then I can believe they are being much more selective in R2 because they have fewer spots than usual.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
Send PM
MostlyHarmless12 wrote:
bb10 wrote:
zakkwylde01 wrote:

Last year the adcom said they had more R1 apps than previous years. If you assume that trend continues for this year, then I can believe they are being much more selective in R2 because they have fewer spots than usual.

Spot on!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
T minus 10 days :shock:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Scratch that...T minus 7 days!

• US Calls on 2/15
  • International Calls on 2/16
  • All Decisions 2/17

https://michiganross.umich.edu/admissions-blog/2017/03/08/look-who-s-joining-michigan-ross-class-2019?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RossSoojinBlog+%28Michigan+Ross+-+Admissions+Director+Blog%29

Quote:
We are excited to see the Ross Class of 2019 starting to take shape. Students will be coming from companies familiar to MBAs - like Bain, BCG, Barclays, Citi, JPMorgan Chase, Proctor & Gamble, Samsung and Unilever - as well as from less common pre-MBA paths like:

A senior strategy manager at Tencent
A former analyst at The White House
A news producer for ABC News
Not one, but two women from Girls Who Code
A chief of military justice with the U.S. Air Force (aka, JAG)
A youth engagement manager for the United Nations Foundation
Many have graduate degrees ranging from aerospace engineering to genetics to law. Many more will be pursuing dual degrees with the Schools of Public Health, Public Policy, Law, Medicine, Social Work and Natural Resources.

What’s Awesome at Ross Now

Let me start with an “awesome” thing from admissions. This year has been our most competitive in 15 years. Total applications are the highest they’ve been since 2002. We have a record number of applications from women, and a record number of countries represented. And the AdCom has enjoyed reading about the diverse experiences and achievements this year’s applicants have had. It seems that applicants have learned that telling their own story is the key to “standing out.”

Other things that we’re excited about:

Students are developing businesses with a social impact: One of our MBA students teamed up with a University of Michigan Medical student to develop an affordable, high quality, low-tech ventilator that can be used to prevent the deaths of millions of babies in low-middle income countries. This duo won funding from the Michigan Business Challenge pitch competition to support clinical testing.
Students are about to span the globe to solve real-world business challenges: For the next seven weeks, students will be working with companies like Google, Amazon and Pepsi, startups in Israel and India, a venture capital firm in Vietnam, an engineering firm in Finland, an ecotourism company in Peru, nonprofit organizations in Chile, China, Egypt and Nepal, a coffee company in Kenya and Tanzania, to name a few. Oh to be in their shoes! You can follow their projects on Instagram - just check out the #RossMAP tag.
Students launched an MBA podcast series: If you want to know what current Rossers are thinking and talking about, check out the student-launched Business Beyond Usual podcast. It features a student host talking with fellow students about top of mind topics like rankings, the role of business in society, tech boom for MBAs, making a difference, how to prepare for your MBA, and women in business.
You can listen to the latest episode "Women in Business" below:

Round 2 Status

The team is scheduled to finish individual app reads the week of March 6, then we’ll start reviewing decisions at the class-level. We’ll call U.S. admits on March 15 and international admits on March 16. All decisions will be released at 12pm EST on March 17.

Round 3 is Around the Corner!

If you’ve started an app, don’t be daunted by the stats. We won’t be done admitting in Round 2. We know there are great candidates to come in Round 3. If you’ve read my blogs from past years (as I’m sure some of you have…), you know that some of our most successful students and alumni applied in Round 3 or were admitted from the waitlist. It could be you! March 20th is the deadline. And in case you missed it, check out our Round 3 admissions tips webinar. Good luck finishing those apps!
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Good luck guys! May the force be with you all. #Fingerscrossed Keep eye on Decision Tracker for live updates. https://gmatclub.com/forum/ross-196/app-tracker.html

Interview applicants mind sharing their interview experiences?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.82
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Notices were sent on how to create a UM Friend account. You'll use this account to check your Admissions status on 3/17 through their student site.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.09
Send PM
FrequentFlyer wrote:
Notices were sent on how to create a UM Friend account. You'll use this account to check your Admissions status on 3/17 through their student site.

Also got the same email. Wondering if they sent it to all applicants?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.82
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
iVoRy wrote:
FrequentFlyer wrote:

Also got the same email. Wondering if they sent it to all applicants?

Yeah it was sent to everyone

I still find it odd that they're calling on 3/15 and 3/16 but decisions won't be posted until 3/17
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Hey all, the list of MTreks for this year is out now on the website. Good luck to everyone waiting for R2 decisions this week!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: Haas '18 (WL)
Send PM
Hi guys, just want to check with you if Ross has requested official score report/ transcript? I read it on the website that they will only request the official report after being accepted, so as I haven't received any letter from adcom asking for official report, the self-report score should be fine?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Send PM
TTin wrote:
Hi guys, just want to check with you if Ross has requested official score report/ transcript? I read it on the website that they will only request the official report after being accepted, so as I haven't received any letter from adcom asking for official report, the self-report score should be fine?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

They usually reach out to you if what you submitted isn't sufficient. I submitted a scanned copy of my transcript, and they e-mailed me asking for a new copy.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts