Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:27 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:27

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 41
Concentration: Technology, Other
GPA: 3.89
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Concentration: Technology
GRE 1: Q165 V162
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Re: Calling all MIT LGO Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
GradQueen wrote:
LgoLady I can't start the background check process till I pay the deposit and I am not sure yet. Although I already finished the process for Stanford and they used revera too so I don't think they will bother verifying everything again if I go to MIT eventually. I PM'd you. :)

Out of curiosity, what exactly does revera process entail? Do they just go on their own to check everything in your background or will they ask for us to provide employment contracts, official transcripts, W2s, etc. ?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
pitroncoso wrote:
Good luck to all of you guys!

Did you also request an early decision, or are you waiting until March 3rd?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
NovDjokovic wrote:
GradQueen wrote:
LgoLady I can't start the background check process till I pay the deposit and I am not sure yet. Although I already finished the process for Stanford and they used revera too so I don't think they will bother verifying everything again if I go to MIT eventually. I PM'd you. :)

Out of curiosity, what exactly does revera process entail? Do they just go on their own to check everything in your background or will they ask for us to provide employment contracts, official transcripts, W2s, etc. ?

They will contact you if they need your help in verifying something. Otherwise I don't think you should hear from them. I got an email from them asking for my SSN so they can verify my employment. They do also contact your recommender.

When did you guys contact LGO for early decisions? I asked last week, but haven't heard anything.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
mrsandoo617 wrote:
NovDjokovic wrote:
GradQueen wrote:

They will contact you if they need your help in verifying something. Otherwise I don't think you should hear from them. I got an email from them asking for my SSN so they can verify my employment. They do also contact your recommender.

When did you guys contact LGO for early decisions? I asked last week, but haven't heard anything.

Did you specifically request for an early decision?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Yep last week. I had something come up and I need to know early. But I didn't ask for an early decision right after my interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hopeful2018 wrote:
mrsandoo617 wrote:
NovDjokovic wrote:

So having filled the form and everything I can tell you how it works.

You go to an online payment page to submit your deposit. It contains a contains a link to revera form and tells you that it needs to be completed within 3 days of paying the deposit. After that you have to sign a disclose form and email it to mitverify @ revera . com and I did a cc to lgo mit . edu. Revera contacted me asking me to have my original official transcripts sent by my university to their address in Florida. Also, you are entitled to view everything they have on you and you can contact them to ask for your file once your background check is complete. They will verify your employment history, salaries, start and end dates, criminal records, credit history, previous education and they will call each of your recommenders to verify what they said about you lines up. this process takes a couple weeks to upto a month from the day you pay your deposit. Hope that is clear enough.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
LgoLady wrote:
Hopeful2018 wrote:

So having filled the form and everything I can tell you how it works.

You go to an online payment page to submit your deposit. It contains a contains a link to revera form and tells you that it needs to be completed within 3 days of paying the deposit. After that you have to sign a disclose form and email it to mitverify @ revera . com and I did a cc to lgo mit . edu. Revera contacted me asking me to have my original official transcripts sent by my university to their address in Florida. Also, you are entitled to view everything they have on you and you can contact them to ask for your file once your background check is complete. They will verify your employment history, salaries, start and end dates, criminal records, credit history, previous education and they will call each of your recommenders to verify what they said about you lines up. this process takes a couple weeks to upto a month from the day you pay your deposit. Hope that is clear enough.

Sounds right! The process for Stanford was entirely the same. Also I already requested the file ReVera had on me when they verified me previously. If you have previously done a background check with Revera in the last 6 months, they won't verify again unless any information is new.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hear anything yet guys? Hopeful2018 and ADC4 and others?

BTW, I think after going through our posts, everyone's going to request an early decision next year!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
GradQueen wrote:

BTW, I think after going through our posts, everyone's going to request an early decision next year!

Nothing yet, but I didn't request early notice. Will let you know when I hear!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GRE 1: Q168 V163
GPA: 3.48
Send PM
That would surprise me, I think you need a good reason to request it. Personally prefer the admissions committee is not rushed with my application.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GradQueen wrote:

Nothing yet for me as well. Still waiting!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Hopeful2018 - I sent you a PM! Since I wasn't successful this year, I'm going to work on my application and try again next year. As a re-applicant, I have a few questions :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Concentration: Technology
GRE 1: Q165 V162
WE:Engineering (Consumer Electronics)
Send PM
Any of you guys going for EECS??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 102 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
NovDjokovic wrote:
Any of you guys going for EECS??

Yes sir.

Also, huge congrats to GradQueen and LgoLady.

PS: i din ask for early decision and I am still waiting to hear back.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM