Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.41
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
Re: Calling all BYU Marriott MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
PrakashSingh007 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

My name is Prakash and I am 1st year International student from India. Since the application process for an international student is a little bit different, I am here to help you guys out if you have any queries. Additionally, If you have any queries related to courses or any other relevant topics feel free to ask it here. I and few other 1st year students will try to answer then as soon possible.

Also, I am a college Ambassador of Prodigy finance (a platform that enables financing for international postgraduate students who attend a participating business school or postgraduate institution internationally WITHOUT any co-signer!!! ) for BYU so feel free to approach me( once you got admitted and looking for educational loan to finance your study) to know more about it.

NOTE:
1.Highly recommend everyone to attend the info session conducted by BYU MBA Admission team as they provide tonnes of information and also allow you to ask questions at the end. You can also find recorded one if you have missed it.
2.Go through the previous years thread on BYU, they are like a treasure, more you dig deep more insight you will get.
3.We have our finals next week(till 15th Dec), so there might me some delay in answering your queries.

All the best for your Application and I will see you all next year!!!

Hey Prakash,

I have just ONE QUERY - What in the world is this Ecclesiastical Endorsement? I tried to submit one to the school, but they won't accept it. I am a Hindu, thus most of the things in the form do not apply to me. How do I go about it? This is just crazy; a school putting so much emphasis on religion.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V36
GPA: 4
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all BYU Marriott MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
nikhilbajpai wrote:
PrakashSingh007 wrote:
Hi Everyone,

My name is Prakash and I am 1st year International student from India. Since the application process for an international student is a little bit different, I am here to help you guys out if you have any queries. Additionally, If you have any queries related to courses or any other relevant topics feel free to ask it here. I and few other 1st year students will try to answer then as soon possible.

Also, I am a college Ambassador of Prodigy finance (a platform that enables financing for international postgraduate students who attend a participating business school or postgraduate institution internationally WITHOUT any co-signer!!! ) for BYU so feel free to approach me( once you got admitted and looking for educational loan to finance your study) to know more about it.

NOTE:
1.Highly recommend everyone to attend the info session conducted by BYU MBA Admission team as they provide tonnes of information and also allow you to ask questions at the end. You can also find recorded one if you have missed it.
2.Go through the previous years thread on BYU, they are like a treasure, more you dig deep more insight you will get.
3.We have our finals next week(till 15th Dec), so there might me some delay in answering your queries.

All the best for your Application and I will see you all next year!!!

Hey Prakash,

I have just ONE QUERY - What in the world is this Ecclesiastical Endorsement? I tried to submit one to the school, but they won't accept it. I am a Hindu, thus most of the things in the form do not apply to me. How do I go about it? This is just crazy; a school putting so much emphasis on religion.

Hey,
You need to take the print out of the Ecclesiastical Endorsement and get it signed from a local temple priest and send it to the adcom via email. They will then schedule a call with their church priest and you will have a discussion with him and then the adcom will confirm on the Endorsement.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Just got my admission confirmation today..Really excited :).
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.74
WE:Business Development (Investment Banking)
Send PM
IndianGmatGirl wrote:

Congratss!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
cpolesiak wrote:
IndianGmatGirl wrote:

Congratss!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Thanks...Are you coming to the event on 24th March at BYU campus??
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V48
Send PM
Congrats, IndianGmatGirl! I got admitted a few weeks ago and have bought my plane ticket to come out on March 24th. Very excited to meet everyone.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
davetens wrote:
Congrats, IndianGmatGirl! I got admitted a few weeks ago and have bought my plane ticket to come out on March 24th. Very excited to meet everyone.

Even I am planing to come there on 24th.Will surely meet you all. Did any one get Scholarship?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
IndianGmatGirl wrote:
davetens wrote:

Even I am planing to come there on 24th.Will surely meet you all. Did any one get Scholarship?

I got notification of full tuition scholarship about a week after my admission notification. Very exciting, and also very humbling! I am not 100% sure on where I will be going yet, as I have another full tuition offer (from UNC Kenan-Flagler) and should be getting a decision from Oxford today. But I have to say that so far in the process BYU has exceeded all of my expectations. I'm very impressed by the students and faculty I've been in contact with, and I feel that the program and network are even more high-caliber than the rankings would suggest. I've visited UNC, so I definitely want to pay BYU a visit on the 24th before making any decisions. Also, my wife is from Utah, so she may force me to go there no matter what :lol:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Also, if this helps anyone, here is how the admissions process played out for me:

Jan. 18: Submitted app (I was shooting for R2, but had a bunch of apps to work on and got stuck on getting the 3rd letter of recommendation for BYU. So I ended up applying early R3).
Feb. 6: Got interview invite (email)
Feb. 13: Interview (over Skype, with Dr. Snow. Very laid-back and positive interview. Why MBA now, why BYU, and some low-pressure questions about my work experience. Felt more like a casual chat than an interview.)
Feb. 15: Admitted! (email)
Feb. 22: Scholarship notification (email)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Made my decision, I'm coming to BYU! Just paid my deposit and sent decline emails to the other schools, so it's official. Very excited to meet some of you next weekend :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
davetens wrote:
Made my decision, I'm coming to BYU! Just paid my deposit and sent decline emails to the other schools, so it's official. Very excited to meet some of you next weekend :-D

Congrats on making a great decision! Welcome!! :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BYU | Utah, here we come!! Goodbye Cali. Excited to embark on this adventure and meet the rest of you in August!

Matriculating on: 2017/03/26
GMAT: 680, Q48, V35
WE: 52 months
Industry: Investment Banking
Submited on: 2016/11/17
Invited on: 2016/12/05
Interviewed on: 2016/12/08
Decision Received on: 2017/03/26
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM