Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:10 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [13]
Given Kudos: 570
Farrell Nelson: MBA
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 1424 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 718 [0]
Given Kudos: 99
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.88
WE:Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
latinoinasuit wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hello! I would love to make this thread a bit more active and helpful for all of you.
Wondering if you could share with me - which campuses do you plan to experience at INSEAD?
I found a student-produced video from a student who was at Singy - more social than academic, but it might inspire you to keep going :)
And maybe also some essay content. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUIE_0oouF8

I agree that we should make this topic more active! Brazilian who will be applying R2 here. I'm done with 5 out of 7 essays (still considering whether I should write the optional essay). My main reason for R2 instead of R1 is to give time to my recommenders.

Who is applying R1? Deadline is close!

By the way, any thoughts on using the optional essay to discuss a school visit (impressions, how it made you feel, etc.)? Would this add any value to the application?

Cheers!

I also agree! When I was applying, the INSEAD forum was super active and I felt already part of the community! I am sure things will pick up as the deadlines for interviews come around.

I used my optional essay to speak about the research I had done into the school and I think it's a great way to use that optional essay! Talk about the events you attended, who you met, if you visited the campus. INSEAD wants to know that you want to be there and speaking about the research you have done is a good way to prove that.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all INSEAD MBA Applicants: (January 2018 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
lpetroski wrote:
latinoinasuit wrote:
MBAPrepCoach wrote:
Hello! I would love to make this thread a bit more active and helpful for all of you.
Wondering if you could share with me - which campuses do you plan to experience at INSEAD?
I found a student-produced video from a student who was at Singy - more social than academic, but it might inspire you to keep going :)
And maybe also some essay content. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUIE_0oouF8

I agree that we should make this topic more active! Brazilian who will be applying R2 here. I'm done with 5 out of 7 essays (still considering whether I should write the optional essay). My main reason for R2 instead of R1 is to give time to my recommenders.

Who is applying R1? Deadline is close!

By the way, any thoughts on using the optional essay to discuss a school visit (impressions, how it made you feel, etc.)? Would this add any value to the application?

Cheers!

I also agree! When I was applying, the INSEAD forum was super active and I felt already part of the community! I am sure things will pick up as the deadlines for interviews come around.

I used my optional essay to speak about the research I had done into the school and I think it's a great way to use that optional essay! Talk about the events you attended, who you met, if you visited the campus. INSEAD wants to know that you want to be there and speaking about the research you have done is a good way to prove that.

Thanks for the tips, lpetroski and Farrell!

From a more practical point of view, I believe I made a compelling case of "Why INSEAD?" in both my career path and career aspirations essays. So my optional essay would be more of a story telling of how I found out about INSEAD, alumni with whom I spoke, the campus visit... the point of all this being to show them that I did my research and am into the school :)

By the way, out of curiosity: do most of you already have the 3 languages?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 718 [1]
Given Kudos: 99
Concentration: Strategy, Organizational Behavior
GPA: 3.88
WE:Business Development (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Kudos
Nope, taking my italian exams this month and then moving on to pick up basic spanish in 9 months! I'd already been studying italian for 6 years but never certified it. I understand that INSEAD has some intensive language courses you can take through their partner school right before the course starts for that third language but I'd try to get all of them out of the way before starting the program as we'll all be super busy with the many other things on our plates.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.3
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
Applying for Round 1. Submitted by application and video interviews last week and referee reports were sent this week. My application status says " yr application is being considered by the adcom". The waiting game starts!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nlr3169 wrote:
Applying for Round 1. Submitted by application and video interviews last week and referee reports were sent this week. My application status says " yr application is being considered by the adcom". The waiting game starts!!!

Good luck!! Let's hope you'll be giving us good news soon!

I see your location is Singapore, does that mean you want to start in the Singapore campus?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lpetroski wrote:
Nope, taking my italian exams this month and then moving on to pick up basic spanish in 9 months! I'd already been studying italian for 6 years but never certified it. I understand that INSEAD has some intensive language courses you can take through their partner school right before the course starts for that third language but I'd try to get all of them out of the way before starting the program as we'll all be super busy with the many other things on our plates.

Definitely agree on the "I'd try to get all of them out of the way before starting the program". I am lucky to have the 3 languages: Portuguese (native), English (TOEFL) and French (work experience and studies). If I get accepted, I would have a 2 month break between leaving work and starting the MBA so I would try to improve my intermediate Spanish as well (it is much easier if your native language is Portuguese)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
latinoinasuit wrote:
nlr3169 wrote:

Good luck!! Let's hope you'll be giving us good news soon!

I see your location is Singapore, does that mean you want to start in the Singapore campus?

yes...I want to start in Singapore campus. :-D
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
All the best to all Jan18 intake applicants who are working on their apps. Don't forget to update your status on Decision Tracker after submitting your app. https://gmatclub.com/forum/insead-201/app-tracker.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Brazilian applying for round 1 here.

Do you guys know the best way to practice for the video interviews?

Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
msimonetti wrote:
Brazilian applying for round 1 here.

Do you guys know the best way to practice for the video interviews?

Thanks!

Fellow brasileiro! :)

Have a look at the posts of previous intakes. There are long discussions on the kind of questions they ask in both the video and the alumni interviews.

My personal advice would be to find a spot with good lighting and a clean background (white wall, for example) and use your webcam to record 60-second responses to the main questions.

And please let us know how your experience went! I will be applying round 2.

Cheers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Got an e mail yesterday from AA Insead that they have received my completed application and will start reviewing it. She also mentioned that 21st April is the latest date by which i will come to know of my interviews. hoping for the best.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
nlr3169 wrote:
Got an e mail yesterday from AA Insead that they have received my completed application and will start reviewing it. She also mentioned that 21st April is the latest date by which i will come to know of my interviews. hoping for the best.

Did you do the video interviews? Would you mind sharing what questions you got in case you did?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
latinoinasuit wrote:
nlr3169 wrote:

Did you do the video interviews? Would you mind sharing what questions you got in case you did?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

There were four questions in total. The whole thing took like 40 minutes. Once you launch the process you cant stop it. You get a question, about a minute to structure your reply, and then have to answer in another minute. The questions are standard mba application stuff, you have a few examples in the last few posts, and situational. For me the hardest part was giving a reply in exactly one minute. Questions are quite open ended and it is hard to plan an opening, a couple of key messages and a conclusion that lasts exactly one minute.
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Latino, regarding your 2/28 comment I do think it's a good idea to use the goals question to address Why INSEAD as well.

For my candidates this round, most are doing that and using the optional to focus on how they can leverage past experiences for the purpose of contributing at INSEAD.
Send PM
Expert Reply
lpetroski wrote:

Without a single doubt - get the language bit sorted before stepping on campus. Intense program and there is a lot of traveling on the weekends, don't want to miss out on that.
Send PM
Expert Reply
hello all! just letting you know I posted the INSEAD VIDEO QUESTIONS AND TIPS in a separate thread

https://gmatclub.com/forum/insead-video-questions-tips-235501.html
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Schools: INSEAD Jan'18
Send PM
Hi All,

Though my application is nearing completion, still debating which round to apply to. I was planning to apply to R1 - closing just 6 days away now -however, as all data, graphs and analysis tables show that R2 and R3 have the maximum acceptance ratio, i am getting tilted to applying for R2 or R3. Would appreciate any inputs, thoughts on this. Thx..
Send PM
Expert Reply
NYC-Montreal-Toronto-Chicago Round 2 INSEAD applicants - make sure to attend an event in March/April ! This will help you develop a far more compelling, effective "why INSEAD" Register: https://www.insead.edu/master-programmes/mba/events/off-campus/North-and-South-America
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts