Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 17:41 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:41

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kellogg MBA Applicants: (2017 Intake) Class of 2019!! [#permalink]
Does Kellogg call admitted students?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
GPA: 3
Send PM
Yes I guess

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant GMAT Club Forum
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [1]
Given Kudos: 89
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Yes!

newsKellogg wrote:
FROM Kellogg MBA Blog: Welcome to Kellogg, Round 2 admits

Today is one of the busiest, most exciting days of the year at the Kellogg Admissions Office.

Why?

It’s Round 2 admissions day! Today, our Admissions team will be making phone calls across the globe to individually congratulate Round 2 admits.

Kellogg Admissions team members say that being the bearer of such good news is a powerful and rewarding experience … And sometimes, even an emotional one.

In the spirit of showcasing Kellogg’s excitement for Round 2 admits, we interviewed our Admissions officers to learn what they enjoy most about delivering admissions news and their most memorable new admit phone calls.

Melissa Rapp 

Director of Admissions – Full-Time MBA & MSMS Programs

What do you enjoy most about calling newly accepted students to deliver the good news? 

What I like most is knowing that the phone call I am making is changing the course of someone’s life. To be a part of something so huge and hear the excitement in their voices is incredible.

What is your most memorable admit phone call?

I called a woman to tell her she was admitted to Kellogg, and she seemed very distracted. She called me a week later to explain that she was in active labor having a baby when I called! I laughed and told her that I was surprised she answered. The woman explained, “I knew I wouldn’t be able to focus if I didn’t answer your call!”

—–

Andrea Calderon

Associate Director of Admissions

What do you enjoy most about calling newly accepted students to deliver the good news? 

My favorite part is the variety of reactions we get. Hearing people say we changed their lives is pretty powerful to hear. We get everything from screaming to crying. It’s great to share with people that they’re getting their MBA when they’ve been working super hard for it. It’s definitely one of our best days of the year.

One call that really stands out is an admit I called for our MMM Program. He applied previously but wasn’t accepted, so I got to tell him that all of his hard work and reapplication paid off. It was really gratifying. It sounded like he was crying on the other end of the phone.

—–

Lance Bennett

Director – Diversity Admissions

The day we call admits is the culmination of months of working with many of them. I most enjoy getting to hear their excitement about being admitted to Kellogg.

My most memorable call was when I called an admit and he told me, “I knew you’d call, Lance!” The admit then started running out of his office so that he could scream out loud. While he was making his way out of the office, he kept saying into the phone, “Hold on Lance, don’t hang up! Hold on Lance, don’t hang up!” He started screaming and was completely out of breath … And I hadn’t even told him that he’d been accepted yet!

—–

Jennifer Hayes

Senior Associate Director of Admissions

I think for us, it’s the culmination of lots of hard work. It’s the internal work for the last three months of assessing the best candidates for Kellogg. Most people are extremely excited when we call, and being able to hear their joy, enthusiasm and sense of accomplishment is awesome.

There was a more tenured professional who had significant military experience who couldn’t compose himself and was crying. I think such a sense of emotion that goes with being accepted is humbling for an admissions officer. We really are changing people’s lives, and being able to hear that raw emotion is a good reminder that we are making a difference in people’s lives and professional careers.

—–

Christine Mayer

Director of Admissions – Two-Year Program

For me, it’s being able to finally meet the people you read about. You read about these people for months, so being able to call them and give them good news, plus know you’ll impact their lives, is pretty cool.

My favorite call that stands out is to a woman in Japan. Since she lived in a different time zone, I was having trouble getting through to her, so I had to email her. Within seconds of sending the email, my phone rang, and she was hyperventilating with excitement! She called back instantly!

Do you have a memorable Kellogg  admit story of your own to share?  We’d love to hear it – leave a comment below!

Filed under: Admissions Tagged: admissions, admissions officers
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
WE:Information Technology (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
GMAT 2: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.4
WE:Marketing (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 491 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 550 Q37 V28
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 3: 650 Q44 V35
GMAT 4: 680 Q49 V32
GMAT 5: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
heyy, does anyone know when's the admit weekend for R2 applicants? :\
Mimster wrote:
heyy, does anyone know when's the admit weekend for R2 applicants? :\

4/21-23
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Just 1 week left for final results. How is everyone holding up? Anyone yet to finish interview?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Narenn wrote:
Just 1 week left for final results. How is everyone holding up? Anyone yet to finish interview?

In the 7th stage of shock - where I fight concepts of emotion and reality.

Its a post modern battle between metaphysical karmic balances and probabilistic reality checks.

Plus my stomach is upset.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.09
Send PM
bb10 wrote:
Narenn wrote:

In the 7th stage of shock - where I fight concepts of emotion and reality.

Its a post modern battle between metaphysical karmic balances and probabilistic reality checks.

Plus my stomach is upset.

Still no invite for me. :cry:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Send PM
I am from India.

I was first given an interview waiver. But then I reached out to Kellogg telling them i was more than willing to do a skype interview, if that was an option. Kellogg responded saying that was not an option. But almost 5 days later, I was invited for a skype interview.

I don’t know whether I was invited because they were further interested in my profile or because I requested them for an interview and they didn’t want to make me feel bad (but they did initially tell me that skype interview was not an option).

Can anyone please share their thoughts on how the school would have looked at my profile? And also if there is a chance for me to be hopeful?

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [2]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
GPA: 3.88
Send PM
Kudos
JamieCecil wrote:
I am from India.

I was first given an interview waiver. But then I reached out to Kellogg telling them i was more than willing to do a skype interview, if that was an option. Kellogg responded saying that was not an option. But almost 5 days later, I was invited for a skype interview.

I don’t know whether I was invited because they were further interested in my profile or because I requested them for an interview and they didn’t want to make me feel bad (but they did initially tell me that skype interview was not an option).

Can anyone please share their thoughts on how the school would have looked at my profile? And also if there is a chance for me to be hopeful?

Thanks in advance.

In my opinion, it is a reflection of your profile and not a result of your request. Interview invite based on the candidate's request is unheard of. So yes, you should be hopeful!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Narenn wrote:

I am speaking at a conference on 18th. I am more nervous about THAT!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V45
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Any military applicants this round?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 66 [0]
Send PM
tneu64 wrote:
Any military applicants this round?

Yes - check decision tracker and sort by industry - there are quite a few registered members. https://gmatclub.com/forum/kellogg-191/app-tracker.html

You can contact them via private message to connect.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33   34   35   36  ...  38   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts