Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:07 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [7]
Given Kudos: 30
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 670 Q46 V35
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q42 V36
GMAT 2: 670 Q46 V35
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2017 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]
Tooswolle wrote:
On the registration it asks if you would be interested in attending a day early the IB track stuff. I wasn't interested so I said no maybe someone else can chime in.

Posted from my mobile device

Great, thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Just an FYI for future applicants, schools DO NOT know where you ranked them prior to reviewing your application. I had seen both assertions floating around about whether some schools take your ranking of them into consideration regarding admission. But looking at my Consortium letter from Yale, they very clearly state that they decide on admittance prior to knowing any information about Consortium ranking. Some of you know this already but I remember being concerned about this during my application process so figured I'd post it here for future applicants to frantically google search.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
GPA: 3.72
WE:Research (Consulting)
Send PM
In at NYU Stern - just received an email this afternoon (4:25pm ET), but no merit scholarship awarded. If I received a Consortium fellowship for Darden, how likely is it that NYU would consider a counter-offer and offer me money to entice me to enroll? I thought NYU was great, but it's pretty much impossible to turn down a free ride at Darden if the other option isn't offering me a funding.

Thoughts? If you think they'd negotiate, how would you approach?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
user625525 wrote:
In at NYU Stern - just received an email this afternoon (4:25pm ET), but no merit scholarship awarded. If I received a Consortium fellowship for Darden, how likely is it that NYU would consider a counter-offer and offer me money to entice me to enroll? I thought NYU was great, but it's pretty much impossible to turn down a free ride at Darden if the other option isn't offering me a funding.

It's extremely unlikely that they will change their offer but not impossible. It's worth a shot to ask. Darden is a great program though, so you're in good shape either way.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
If you were offered fellowship but decide to go to another consortium school, would you still be a member with benefits of the consortium?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
gnasy16 wrote:
If you were offered fellowship but decide to go to another consortium school, would you still be a member with benefits of the consortium?

Yes, you'd be a member not a fellow obviously, but the benefits are the same (less the "fellow" title)

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
Send PM
Kudos
gnasy16 wrote:

I believe so. The membership is decided by the Consortium and is contingent upon admission to at least one member school, if I'm not mistaken. You could call them to confirm but I think you're good as long as you attend a Consortium school.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
Send PM
For those still waiting to hear back from NYU Stern without an interview invite, check the application portal. I got an email today informing me my application status had changed. I applied 1/5 and was denied 3/22. Just a heads up.
Hopefully you all have received your CGSM spots!

From your experience, have you seen more merit $$ coming from non-CGSM schools in order to compete/protect yield? I've received all of my CGSM acceptances, but I am curious to see if non-CGSM schools will reciprocate. OP and CGSM as a whole are amazing opportunities. Do you think non-CGSM schools seriously consider the merit amount someone needs to turn it down when making their decision?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BackToZero wrote:
user625525 wrote:

It's extremely unlikely that they will change their offer but not impossible. It's worth a shot to ask. Darden is a great program though, so you're in good shape either way.

THanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BackToZero wrote:
gnasy16 wrote:

I believe so. The membership is decided by the Consortium and is contingent upon admission to at least one member school, if I'm not mistaken. You could call them to confirm but I think you're good as long as you attend a Consortium school.

Assuming then that if you're accepted to the Consortium but decide to go to another school, you get none of the benefits? No OP? :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm curious what advice this group might have for me: I just got accepted to Kellogg's MMM program with a $60K scholarship offer ($30K each year), but am weighing that against a full-ride Consortium fellowship offer at UVA Darden. What would you do and why? It's really...really hard to turn down a free MBA from a great school, but the MMM program is hugely interesting to me...
user625525 wrote:
I'm curious what advice this group might have for me: I just got accepted to Kellogg's MMM program with a $60K scholarship offer ($30K each year), but am weighing that against a full-ride Consortium fellowship offer at UVA Darden. What would you do and why? It's really...really hard to turn down a free MBA from a great school, but the MMM program is hugely interesting to me...

That's a tough one! The MMM is singular among all of the MBA programs I've researched. What do you want to do post-MBA?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hillmanmba wrote:
user625525 wrote:

That's a tough one! The MMM is singular among all of the MBA programs I've researched. What do you want to do post-MBA?

I'm planning to pursue a career in product marketing post-MBA, either at a technology company or a hospitality-oriented company (think Hilton, Marriott, Delta, etc.). Long-term, I'd like to enter into customer experience strategy, which is in part why I'm so drawn to the 'Design Innovation' piece of the MMM program. I'm torn, and welcome input from anyone who might have thoughts.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 610 Q33 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q41 V42
GMAT 3: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Thrilled to be accepted at Georgetown but no mention of $ and no mention of Consortium. Anyone else know if the Consortium has made decisions on membership for everyone? Or are they still working on it?
I am more concerned about being a member and being able to contribute something useful. Recruiting and OP is a nice bonus :-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
finalhourmba wrote:
Thrilled to be accepted at Georgetown but no mention of $ and no mention of Consortium. Anyone else know if the Consortium has made decisions on membership for everyone? Or are they still working on it?
I am more concerned about being a member and being able to contribute something useful. Recruiting and OP is a nice bonus :-)

Did you check your consortium VIP page? I think decisions have been made on membership

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 610 Q33 V40
GMAT 2: 690 Q41 V42
GMAT 3: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.55
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
atticus936 wrote:
finalhourmba wrote:

Did you check your consortium VIP page? I think decisions have been made on membership

Still says it has been submitted and I can click on the "green box titled 'View Your Status.'" when a membership decision is available.
I am assuming it's because I still haven't heard from UCLA and just heard back from Georgetown today. Maybe? I'll reach out to their help email.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: International Business, Economics
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
finalhourmba wrote:

The second paragraph of my letter talks about being a member of the Consortium. I know youre only notified of membership when all schools have submitted decisions. For me, Gtwn was the last school to notify me but I found out last week about membership. When I heard from my highest ranked school.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts