Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:03 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [0]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2019(March 2018 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Reserved Post.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2019(March 2018 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Best of luck to everyone on their applications. Looking forward to meeting future classmates.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Will be applying hopefully by the R1 deadline. Still have to rewrite the GMAT in a couple of weeks. I've been in communication with Julia over the last few months providing status updates for my application.

Any idea what the video interview questions are like?

For those admitted already, how fast was the process?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
DealMonkey wrote:
Will be applying hopefully by the R1 deadline. Still have to rewrite the GMAT in a couple of weeks. I've been in communication with Julia over the last few months providing status updates for my application.

Any idea what the video interview questions are like?

For those admitted already, how fast was the process?

The video interview questions should not catch you off guard. If someone were to ask you them casually in a conversation, they would be fairly easy to answer.

My timeline was as follows:

Applied: February 1
Interview Invite: February 27
Interview: March 3
Acceptance: March 7

It's possible that my decision was slightly expedited as Ivey knew that I was also expecting a decision from Schulich around the same time. Each person that I spoke with at Ivey was extremely helpful and did a fantastic job.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
GRE 1: Q162 V157
GPA: 2.84
WE:Business Development (Real Estate)
Send PM
submitted for round 1
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, General Management
WE:Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
Send PM
My gmat score is 620.Should I rewrite or apply to ivey in R1?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [1]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Kudos
Satyasiddhant wrote:

Hi satyasiddhant,
Speaking as an Ivey Alum who received an admit on 620 gmat, I can say that it depends on the rest of your profile. If you have certain other elements of your application that can stand out and impress the adcom you may score an admit on 620 GMAT.
Having said that, to be on the safe side you may apply in round 1 and then pursue to take second GMAT test. You should however intimate Ivey adcom of your plans. Hope this helps.
Good Luck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
GRE 1: Q162 V157
WE:Business Development (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
Early Decision interview invite. Any advice on interview and what questions are asked by adcom?

Invited to Interview on: 2017/03/27
Heard back via: Email
Industry: Real Estate
Post MBA goals strategy and operations
Submitted on: 2017/03/18
Interview on: 2017/04/05
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.9
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Satyasiddhant wrote:

Hye Satyasiddhant,
I am Rahul Grover and am currently pursuing MBA from Ivey Business School.
I think you can move ahead with this GMAT score. Obviously, your profile must be above par for acceptance. However, I would suggest you to re-take GMAT.

best,
Rahul Grover
Ivey MBA, Class of 2018
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 39
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 620 Q44 V31
GMAT 2: 680 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.1
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All,

I'm Nitin from India and I'll be applying for Ivey's FT MBA 2018 intake. I plan to submit my application on April 8. My profile is as follows:

Name: Nitin
Nationality: Indian
Work Experience: 2 years of trading in Indian equities and options segments and about 3.5 years as equity research analyst. I have also completed the Chartered Financial Analyst program (charter pending).
GMAT: 680
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Send PM
NitinCFA2017 wrote:
Hi All,

I'm Nitin from India and I'll be applying for Ivey's FT MBA 2018 intake. I plan to submit my application on April 8. My profile is as follows:

Work Experience: 2 years of trading in Indian equities and options segments and about 3.5 years as equity research analyst. I have also completed the Chartered Financial Analyst program (charter pending).

Hi Nitin,
I'm not sure what answer are you seeking with this post? With only 6 days left to apply I am sure you are done with your application or in process of finalisation. Speaking as an Ivey alum and MBA admissions consultant, your profile seems pretty good, though a little light on GMAT score! But with CFA complete I think you have a good shot at securing an admit. Around 1/3rd of class comes from Finance Industry background but most Indians are from IT Industry. You may have distinguished your application right here. Let me know if I can help you in anyways. Best of Luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
EduSimplified wrote:
NitinCFA2017 wrote:
Hi All,

Hi Nitin,
I'm not sure what answer are you seeking with this post? With only 6 days left to apply I am sure you are done with your application or in process of finalisation. Speaking as an Ivey alum and MBA admissions consultant, your profile seems pretty good, though a little light on GMAT score! But with CFA complete I think you have a good shot at securing an admit. Around 1/3rd of class comes from Finance Industry background but most Indians are from IT Industry. You may have distinguished your application right here. Let me know if I can help you in anyways. Best of Luck.

Hi Deep,

Sorry as I was unaware of how best to utilize this forum to seek application advice. Thanks much for your opinion about my profile. I've got few more questions. I would like your suggestions on how best tackle the interview. I know that my question sounds vague. But what I'm interested in knowing is, what parts of the profile is usually discussed about in-depth? I don't have any significant experience in volunteering or co-curricular activities so far but I'm planning to gain some before the program begins. Will this be detrimental to my profile?

Thanks,
NITIN.
Director
Director
Send PM
NitinCFA2017 wrote:
EduSimplified wrote:
NitinCFA2017 wrote:
Hi All,

Hi Nitin,

Hi Deep,

Sorry as I was unaware of how best to utilize this forum to seek application advice. Thanks much for your opinion about my profile. I've got few more questions. I would like your suggestions on how best tackle the interview. I know that my question sounds vague. But what I'm interested in knowing is, what parts of the profile is usually discussed about in-depth? I don't have any significant experience in volunteering or co-curricular activities so far but I'm planning to gain some before the program begins. Will this be detrimental to my profile?

Thanks,
NITIN.

Hi Nitin,
No Problem buddy! Why don't you call me ?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hi Folks,

I'll be applying for Ivey's March 2018 intake. I plan to submit my application just after Round1. My profile is as follows:

GRE: 319 ( Verbal: 149 Maths: 170, AWA:3)
Work Experience: 5 years ( IT+ Non-profit)

I have few queries regarding this MBA program.

1.What is the natural step once the 1-year work permit period is over? Is there a similar lottery system as H1B in the US?
2.Will it make any difference if we submit our application at the beginning of Round2 or after a month towards the end of Round2?

I would appreciate if someone would answer my queries. Also, I would like to know more abut Ivey unique case study method. Can you please throw some light upon this.

Thanks,
Vivek

Originally posted by vivek6199 on 04 Apr 2017, 23:04.
Last edited by vivek6199 on 05 Apr 2017, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.99
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Hi there everyone.

@David:Congrats on the admit, seems you are the 1st admit(probably in the cohort).

I had my interview 2 weeks back and eagerly waiting for the result.

Anyone in the same boat as me???
Director
Director
Send PM
vivek6199 wrote:
Hi Folks,

I'll be applying for Ivey's March 2018 intake. I plan to submit my application just after Round1. My profile is as follows:

GRE: 319 ( Verbal: 149 Maths: 170, AWA:3)
Work Experience: 5 years ( IT+ Non-profit)

I have few queries regarding this MBA program.

1.What is the natural step once the 1-year work permit period is over? Is there a similar lottery system as H1B in the US?
2.Will it make any difference if we submit our application at the beginning of Round2 or after a month towards the end of Round2?

I would appreciate if someone would answer my queries. Also, I would like to know more abut Ivey unique case study method. Can you please throw some light upon this.

Thanks,
Vivek

Hi Vivek,

1. After your work permit period is over or should I say during that period you will have to apply for Permanent Residentship probably in Express Entry. Usually you become a PR within a year but should the application be delayed for any reason you may apply for a Bridge Open Work Permit. However this is only given if your PR application is pending. This is per my knowledge I may be wrong, please don't quote me. For precise information you should visit https://www.cic.gc.ca, Canada has one of the most liberal immigration laws in the world and they are happy to answer your queries directly.

2. Usually within the round, the application are being assessed on a rolling basis. In short the sooner the better.

Ivey is a 100% case base method of teaching. Only other school being Harvard. It is one of the best methods of teaching I have come across. You get a case to study before a class and then discuss the issues and solutions in the class like a group discussion. I would be happy to tell you more about the case method over a call.

Good Luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Hi,

I took the video essays today and I think I didn't perform that good. The questions were normal though. Does anyone know what weight this component carries?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts