Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:12 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GPA: 3.8
WE:Brand Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
anniesgh wrote:
Hi All,
Can you please help me with the topic of this essay - While pursuing your MBA studies, what steps do you believe you need to take in order to achieve your career goals?
Since there is another question that talks about college then what exactly should we write here? Any help would be highly appreciated here!!

I assume you are trying to distinguish between questions 2 & 3. To me, this question is asking about your MBA plan. Undertaking an MBA is obviously a big investment, in time and money, so they want to see that you have thought this through and can articulate a plan to achieve your goals - so, content should cover what your goal is and the steps you will take to achieve it.

Q3 seems like a more general fit question. Whereas 2 was about how to achieve your goal and was much more linear (e.g. goal, and steps x,y,z to achieve it), this one seems to be more broad and covers both your underlying motivations, and then why McGill will be a good fit for you personally.

Obviously, that's just my opinion and there's no right answer. Just make sure your essays reflect you and articulate your goals, and you should be fine. Best of luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 2.4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Desautels (McGill) Applicants:(2017 Intake) Class of 2019 [#permalink]
Guys, I submitted my application on R2 deadline and completed the missing items in my application on 1st Feb.
I mailed them regarding the status of my application on 16th Feb and 6th March. It was still under review then. Now I don't know what's going on and I am unsure if there is a decision date. I do not want to bug them again but there has not been any communication from them since 6th Mar. What can I do? VijayG6387
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
Send PM
jubinarora wrote:
Guys, I submitted my application on R2 deadline and completed the missing items in my application on 1st Feb.
I mailed them regarding the status of my application on 16th Feb and 6th March. It was still under review then. Now I don't know what's going on and I am unsure if there is a decision date. I do not want to bug them again but there has not been any communication from them since 6th Mar. What can I do? VijayG6387

Hi Jubin, I understand your anxiety as a student. I was there not so long ago so can relate with what's going on in your mind. :) However, 1 month is normal when it comes to the processing time. I'd say give it a day or two and then drop a polite email again requesting for an update. A decent chaser once in a while would definitely not been as bugging. :) Good luck. Out of curiosity, who have you been writing to?

Best Regards,
Vijay G

Sent from my A0001 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
Send PM
VijayG6387 wrote:
jubinarora wrote:

Hi Jubin, I understand your anxiety as a student. I was there not so long ago so can relate with what's going on in your mind. :) However, 1 month is normal when it comes to the processing time. I'd say give it a day or two and then drop a polite email again requesting for an update. A decent chaser once in a while would definitely not been as bugging. :) Good luck. Out of curiosity, who have you been writing to?

Best Regards,
Vijay G

I have been writing to Pina and that is all the information she provided. Although I did ask her how much time more it may take, she did not reply to this specific query. And it has been 45 days since I completed my application. So yes.. anxiety overdose.

Originally posted by nostafict on 15 Mar 2017, 00:18.
Last edited by nostafict on 15 Mar 2017, 00:55, edited 1 time in total.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 55 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.06
Send PM
jubinarora wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

Best Regards,
Vijay G

I have been writing to Pina and that is all the information he provided. Although I did ask him how much time more it may take, he did not reply to this specific query. And it has been 45 days since I completed my application. So yes.. anxiety overdose.

Ha ha, Pina is a she. :) Please write to Antoinette Molino or Keum-Yeo Brochet, the admissions directors and I'm positive you'll get a response. Their email ids must be on the McGill webpages, let me know if you cannot locate them. All the very best.

Beat Regards,
Vijay G

Kindly ignore typos and short replies, as sent using a phone.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
VijayG6387 wrote:
jubinarora wrote:
VijayG6387 wrote:

Best Regards,
Vijay G

I have been writing to Pina and that is all the information he provided. Although I did ask him how much time more it may take, he did not reply to this specific query. And it has been 45 days since I completed my application. So yes.. anxiety overdose.

Ha ha, Pina is a she. :) Please write to Antoinette Molino or Keum-Yeo Brochet, the admissions directors and I'm positive you'll get a response. Their email ids must be on the McGill webpages, let me know if you cannot locate them. All the very best.

Beat Regards,
Vijay G

Kindly ignore typos and short replies, as sent using a phone.

Oops. Edited.
Will mail Antoinette Molino today, lets see what happens. The thing is McGill is my priority school and that's why this situation has been eating at me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GPA: 3.26
Send PM
Just got the acceptance email from Antoinette Molino. Got an entrance award of $30,000 as well.
Thanks to everyone here who so promptly responded to queries and gave useful suggestions as and when needed.
Now, I want to review my official letter of admission on uapply but I am unable to view it. I clicked on the link given and a new tab opened up but it does not go beyond that. It is blank. Guide please.

Also, is there any https://gmatclub.com/chat group of admitted students?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V41
Send PM
YooZee wrote:
Just got the acceptance email from Antoinette Molino. Got an entrance award of $30,000 as well.
Thanks to everyone here who so promptly responded to queries and gave useful suggestions as and when needed.
Now, I want to review my official letter of admission on uapply but I am unable to view it. I clicked on the link given and a new tab opened up but it does not go beyond that. It is blank. Guide please.

Also, is there any https://gmatclub.com/chat group of admitted students?

Try viewing it on another device, maybe your cell phone. Popups sometimes block it so you can try to change your pop settings as well if it's nothing wrong from their side.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Dinged without interview :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 44 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 690 Q43 V41
Send PM
jubinarora wrote:

Oh that's really sad. Which round did you apply in?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1263 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
jubinarora I am so sorry to hear that. With a 700 GMAT, I believe it is quite bizarre to reject without an interview. Goodness!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
TheMastermind wrote:
jubinarora wrote:

Oh that's really sad. Which round did you apply in?

R2
It is sad because I was quite confident about my essays.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
keats wrote:
jubinarora I am so sorry to hear that. With a 700 GMAT, I believe it is quite bizarre to reject without an interview. Goodness!

I think it means that Trump has pushed a lot of Indian applicants' priorities towards Canadian schools.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
jubinarora wrote:

I am sorry to hear that. The pool of Indian applicants seems to be really competitive, especially those coming from IT background. There seems to be a relatively high number of applicants with 700+ GMAT score, biased towards quant. Your GPA must also have been a factor if you did not have a strong comeback story, but it seems like you did because you said you were confident about your essays. It seems like you are a very competitive applicant, and it must have been that there were a lot of Indian IT guys with good profiles.

Don't be too let down. It is not the end of the world. I wish you best of luck with other applications.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
keats wrote:
Its been a month and I have got nothing from the school. Well, I am freaking out now :(

I received a mail stating that my application moved for review, approx a month after submitting. It has been 3 weeks after that and nothing. I am thinking of writing to the school today..not sure if it's a gud idea :?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1263 [1]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Kudos
combat2016 You may want to wait for 1 more week before you send them an e mail. 4 weeks (or a month) is what a school usually takes to revert.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
Send PM
keats wrote:
combat2016 You may want to wait for 1 more week before you send them an e mail. 4 weeks (or a month) is what a school usually takes to revert.

Thanks for d suggestion :thumbup: i wil wait for one more week..its jst dat d endless waiting is nerve wracking :beat
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts