Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 16:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 16:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 46 [1]
Given Kudos: 344
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2018 Consortium MBA Applicants!!! [#permalink]
Hi Everyone! Still finalizing the Consortium schools that I will be applying to, but leaning towards applying during the traditional application deadline.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V46
GPA: 3.95
Send PM
Hi everyone! Tuck, Johnson, and McDonough are tentatively on my list, but I'm waiting to make some visits when classes start back up this fall. Good luck to all!

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thank you guys! Good luck for your applications.

Is anyone interested in having a chat with admitted consortium students? Let me know, and we'll try to schedule a chat!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
I am applying Rd 2,

My list is as follows (in alphabetical Order):

Cal
Dartmouth
UCLA
Yale
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35
GRE 1: Q163 V165
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Hello! I'm applying R1 to Haas and Yale (still not super sure which one I would rank first, so if anyone has some insights on that, I'd appreciate it!).

I just started looking into the process and heard from some people who are in MBA programs (but not in the Consortium), that I missed the fellowship cycle for 2018 and won't be eligible for a fellowship until 2019. I'm not seeing that anywhere (on CGSM website, on other forums, etc.) so I'm not sure if I'm missing something, or if my source is. From my understanding, if I apply in October, I am eligible for membership consideration in Dec, and then possibly eligible for fellowship consideration in March. Would really appreciate clarification. Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey everyone! I'm going to be applying to McCombs, Johnson, Indiana, Rice, USC, and Ross. Good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [2]
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Kudos
carburantsansplomb It's definitely not too late to apply for the Consortium... your assumptions are almost spot on. Most of the Consortium fellowship decisions are made in March. However, if you apply Rd 1, your first choice school (only 1st choice) has the option (not requirement) to award you a consortium fellowship before the March date.

That rule was instituted fairly recently (1 or 2 years ago) and not many schools take advantage of offering early Fellowship... I heard that Haas is one of the few exceptions. (have not verified)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hello! I am applying for admissions this cycle. Applying to Yale, Darden, Tuck, and Tepper. I would like to apply Round 1 but I have yet to take the GMAT. I am scheduled to take it Late September but I may push my date back to October. I'll probably apply during the traditional deadline.
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10013 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
Expert Reply

Words of wisdom from previous Consortium applicants......

JackSparr0w wrote:
Well for CGSM schools, I'd say rank the schools in the order you really want to attend them vs. trying to game the system. I know there are sources that say the schools can't see your rankings, but assume the opposite.

For essays and all schools, before you start writing essays, take a look at the school's history. Try to find out who founded it, why, what were his or her life like. Do the same for the namesake of the school. For example, I remember reading about Ezra Cornell, and S. Johnson. One was like salesman or a farmer or something like that, he had two territories Maine and Virginia I believe and he didn't own a car so he walked the distance between the two. That kind of "by any means necessary" attitude should be reflected in at least one Johnson essay because that's the school was founded in.

During the interview process, I think there were a few things that helped me, each of which I think will give you a leg up on your competition. One thing I did was reach out to the office of career development at each school to get a better idea of how successful the incoming class and exiting class were at finding IB jobs (which is what I was interested in). Sure you can find out basic info from pamphlets, but if the pamphlet says 20% of the class went into IB, you wont know how to interpret that unless you know what percentage of the class was interested to begin with. The only way to get that info is to call and ask. Also ask to speak with a student that was successful during recruiting, see what they did, and ask why they thought other classmates were unsuccessful (language barriers, etc..) For Johnson, speak with the head of the IB immersion (Drew Pascarella, I think).

Have an idea of which classes you'd like to take, and which extracurriculars you'd like to be a part of. This plays well for two reasons. The first is obviously it shows you've done your HW. The other is it is a great way to answer "what is a weakness of yours" or any objections your interviewer may throw your way. "I see that your resume is lacking X, why would an employer want to hire you, or why should admit you" --> I understand that I'm lacking XY and Z experiences but I've spoken to numerous students who have taken this professors class, and I'm confident that the combination of his formal instruction and the informal opportunities through extracurriculars like... that I'll be prepared for my desire career. Or something like that.

Keep in touch with all the alumni you meet at events, especially diversity events and keep a list of people you have spoken to from the schools because you'll likely be asked "who have you spoken to?" or "how do you know this is the right place for you, and why are you the right person for us?" Meet for coffee, discuss their time at the school your applying to etc...

Pretty basic stuff, but its a lot of work, and half the people applying (IMO) will not put forth this level of effort.

Be yourself, you'll all be fine!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Hi Everyone! I will be applying in R1 to UCLA Anderson, Berkeley Haas, USC Marshall, Yale SOM and Cornell Johnson.
Will take the GMAT on 09/19 !
Good luck!

Originally posted by ASPEBoston on 17 Aug 2017, 12:32.
Last edited by ASPEBoston on 16 Sep 2017, 10:52, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:General Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
Thank you guys! Good luck for your applications.

Is anyone interested in having a chat with admitted consortium students? Let me know, and we'll try to schedule a chat!

I would be interested in having a chat with admitted students.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does anyone know approx how many candidates each school admits via the consortium? I'm sure it must vary per school, but I'm curious if this information is available somewhere or if anyone has asked admissions. I'm curious about all schools, but particularly for UCLA, Berkeley, USC and Yale (the ones I'm applying to)

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Hi all! Looking at applying to the following through Consortium: Tuck, Haas, Yale, Anderson, and Johnson.

Anyone else thinking about 5 schools? My plan is to to research and visit the schools I can in the next few months, then apply in R2. Maybe I find that one of the schools isn't a good fit but they all look great to me!

Engineering/consulting background looking to get into alternative energy/tech sector post-MBA.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [4]
Send PM
Kudos