Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:44 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [14]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.74
WE:Engineering (Transportation)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Admissionado
Own Kudos [?]: 2061 [4]
Given Kudos: 69
Schools:Brown University, Harvard Business School
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
kanivir wrote:
Hey! What happened to the chat that we were planning with the admitted students

We will plan something in next 1-2 weeks. Let us first contact admits and see how many of them are willing to attend the chat.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51450 [1]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Columbia (CBS) MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Nice idea. I spoke with some admits and they were super nice and helpful. Narenn - I can ask them if you want?
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
souvik101990 wrote:
Nice idea. I spoke with some admits and they were super nice and helpful. Narenn - I can ask them if you want?

Sounds good! Let's discuss this over PM.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply

Friday, July 28th: Live Chat with CBS Class of 2019

Ok Guys.. live chat with CBS admits is confirmed. It will be conducted on July 28th, 8:30 AM PDT (9 PM IST). Hope all of you will attend this chat and utilize this opportunity to ask your questions about the school, application process and anything else that will help you make a strong case for admission this year.

Date and Time:

July 28, 2017 | Friday | (8:30 - 9.30) AM PDT | (9 - 10 ) PM IST

Place:

CHAT ROOM 2

Add this event to your Google calendar.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
WE:Asset Management (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Hi everyone!

Does anyone have an idea on how long does it take to hear back for interview decision? It's been almost a month since I submitted for ED, I hope they'll get back soon..
MBA Section Director
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
rainmaker7 wrote:
Hi everyone!

Does anyone have an idea on how long does it take to hear back for interview decision? It's been almost a month since I submitted for ED, I hope they'll get back soon..

Hi Rainmaker7,

This question was asked to CBS adcom in live chat last year; I quote her response here...
Quote:
The invitation target changes week-to-week, depending on the application volume. Earlier in the summer, target can sit anywhere from 2-3 weeks. Around November and December, it shifts closer to the 6 weeks.

Other IMP Questions/Answers from the chat...

Q: If fortunate enough to receive an interview, what is the typical wait time to hear a decision after feedback is submitted?
A: After feedback is submitted, applicants will hear within 2 weeks. It could be the next day, it could be the full 14 days. It depends on the volume of applications at that current moment.

Q: Are applications reviewed in an exact order of date of completion or is it based on more of a rough period of completion date?
A: We review the applications in the order we receive them. If you happen to know someone applied earlier/or later than you keep in mind that there isn't an exact speed for the process. Our goal is to move candidates to the next step of the process (either denied or invitation to interview) within six weeks of submission.

Q: I was wondering if you will release all ED decisions before starting to send out RD decisions. I am an ED applicant who interviewed over 3 weeks ago but my interviewer hasn't submitted feedback yet. Is there a recourse for alternate arrangements (another interview or Skype interview with AdCom) if my interviewer doesn't submit feedback soon?
A: I was wondering if you will release all ED decisions before starting to send out RD decisions. I am an ED applicant who interviewed over 3 weeks ago but my interviewer hasn't submitted feedback yet. Is there a recourse for alternate arrangements (another interview or Skype interview with AdCom) if my interviewer doesn't submit feedback soon?

Q: Could you please shed some lights on how an application is reviewed? Is it initially reviewed by a committee vs an admission officer, etc?
A: Applications will be reviewed by at least two admissions officers and then by committee before a final decision is made.

Q: For an ED applicant who has unforeseen life changes arise after submitting an ED app, what are the consequence (lawsuit, offer rescind) of applying to another school?
A: When you submit an ED application, we have applicants sign the honor code. This states that if you are accepted, you withdraw all other applications to schools. That said, life happens sometimes. Declining will not result in a lawsuit. We cannot force a student to matriculate if they simply cannot afford it, though we try to make it financial feasible for all. I want to add that we encourage students to consider all factors before they apply. If they aren't able to consider all these facets, we encourage students to apply regular decision.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
WE:Asset Management (Venture Capital)
Send PM
Hi Narenn,

Thanks a lot for the information.. I'll keep on waiting then :-D

Narenn wrote:
rainmaker7 wrote:
Hi everyone!

Hi Rainmaker7,

This question was asked to CBS adcom in live chat last year; I quote her response here...
Quote:
The invitation target changes week-to-week, depending on the application volume. Earlier in the summer, target can sit anywhere from 2-3 weeks. Around November and December, it shifts closer to the 6 weeks.

Other IMP Questions/Answers from the chat...

Q: If fortunate enough to receive an interview, what is the typical wait time to hear a decision after feedback is submitted?
A: After feedback is submitted, applicants will hear within 2 weeks. It could be the next day, it could be the full 14 days. It depends on the volume of applications at that current moment.

Q: Are applications reviewed in an exact order of date of completion or is it based on more of a rough period of completion date?
A: We review the applications in the order we receive them. If you happen to know someone applied earlier/or later than you keep in mind that there isn't an exact speed for the process. Our goal is to move candidates to the next step of the process (either denied or invitation to interview) within six weeks of submission.

Q: I was wondering if you will release all ED decisions before starting to send out RD decisions. I am an ED applicant who interviewed over 3 weeks ago but my interviewer hasn't submitted feedback yet. Is there a recourse for alternate arrangements (another interview or Skype interview with AdCom) if my interviewer doesn't submit feedback soon?
A: I was wondering if you will release all ED decisions before starting to send out RD decisions. I am an ED applicant who interviewed over 3 weeks ago but my interviewer hasn't submitted feedback yet. Is there a recourse for alternate arrangements (another interview or Skype interview with AdCom) if my interviewer doesn't submit feedback soon?

Q: Could you please shed some lights on how an application is reviewed? Is it initially reviewed by a committee vs an admission officer, etc?
A: Applications will be reviewed by at least two admissions officers and then by committee before a final decision is made.

Q: For an ED applicant who has unforeseen life changes arise after submitting an ED app, what are the consequence (lawsuit, offer rescind) of applying to another school?
A: When you submit an ED application, we have applicants sign the honor code. This states that if you are accepted, you withdraw all other applications to schools. That said, life happens sometimes. Declining will not result in a lawsuit. We cannot force a student to matriculate if they simply cannot afford it, though we try to make it financial feasible for all. I want to add that we encourage students to consider all factors before they apply. If they aren't able to consider all these facets, we encourage students to apply regular decision.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6255 [0]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Top Contributor
Narenn wrote:

Ok Guys.. live chat with CBS admits is confirmed. It will be conducted on July 28th, 8:30 AM PDT (9 PM IST). Hope all of you will attend this chat and utilize this opportunity to ask your questions about the school, application process and anything else that will help you make a strong case for admission this year.

Date and Time:

Place:

CHAT ROOM 2

Thanks, Narenn. Who we have on board from CBS with this chat?
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 4054 [0]
Given Kudos: 156
Send PM
Top Contributor
Guys,
We got some fresh meat (re NEW Essay Analysis) from our in-house Admission Experts - Admissionado,Accepted.com and Stratus Admissions. Here it goes : UPDATED Essay Analysis

Enjoy :)
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Gnpth wrote:

Thanks, Narenn. Who we have on board from CBS with this chat?

Hi GNPTH,

BB10 has contacted admits and he has the details of participating CBS admits/students.

bb10, can you share a brief about the students who will join?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
We are in the chat room with CBS admits. If you are around, join us in chat room2.. https://gmatclub.com/forum/mchat2.php?fl=menu

Narenn wrote:

Date and Time:

Place:

CHAT ROOM 2

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
Hi, everyone. I'm applying CBS. Wish us all good luck.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6255 [1]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM