Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 13:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 13:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: AGSM '20 (A)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 1264 [0]
Given Kudos: 86
Concentration: Strategy
GPA: 3.71
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]
Kudos
I have been awarded Global Reach Scholarship with 50% tuition fee waiver.

Looking to connect with other successful applicants.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all AGSM UNSW Applicants: January 2018 Intake (Class of 2020)! [#permalink]
Kudos
Congrats MissionMBA2018 :) Happy for you.

I'm delighted to share that I have been awarded AGSM Excellence Scholarship Award with $25K tuition fee waiver :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
GPA: 3.5
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Congrats and well done MissionMBA2018 and sathishkumarchn!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
WE:General Management (Education)
Send PM
Congratulations MissionMBA2018 and satish for scholarships and admits.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Thank you JaibeerSingh, sathishkumarchn and dnalost
JaibeerSingh - All the best for your application!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you so much dnalost JaibeerSingh :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi friends,

Congrats to all admits !

I have secured an admit too, but without scholarship.

GMAT : 650
WE - 7 years (telecommunication)
IELTS OS - 7.5

Is a https://gmatclub.com/chat group operational ? Anyone accepted the offer ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Timelines:
Application Submitted on 29th May
Interview invite on 13th June
Interview on 21st June with the Director of Operations
Received Email confirmation on 27th June.

Interview Experience:
I had my interview with Mr Jonathan Jones, the Director of Student Recruitment, on 21st June. It was a skype call and was more like an interactive conversation.
These questions were asked:
Tell me about your background?
Why have you decided to do MBA?
Asked about my role and hierarchy
Why AGSM?
Tell me about the companies you are targeting after graduating?
Casual discussion about my relatives in Australia and enquired about the places I have traveled to.
Any questions?

Hope this will be helpful to future applicants!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I have created a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for successful applicants. If you have secured an admit, please PM me your contact details.

Also, sathishkumarchn ajay2121988 dnalost and I are happy to help if prospective applicants for round 2/3 have questions related to application process or interview.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

I contacted AGSM about an initial review of my profile. The person who replied suggested that work experience is low (the class average is about 7 years) for their class which does not make me a strong candidate for the program.
I have about 3 years and 2 months work experience at this stage (all of it in Education Sector). My GMAT Score is 700.

What would be your recommendations?

1. Should I still go ahead and apply in third deadline for AGSM?
2. Would there be any slightest chance of Scholarship (given my not-so-good GMAT and average number of WE years)?

3. Should I wait for one more year and apply for 2019 January intake (not my preference though)?

I would be grateful for any help and guidance.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Dear Jaibeer,

Your GMAT is good for AGSM intake, considering scholarship too.
However, if the consultant has mentioned low work ex, then it makes sense to gather more WE, keep on adding quality and apply then for increasing the admission probability.
In my personal opinion, I would say you can take a shot at the 3rd deadline - you can show your WE quality in the interview, if shortlisted.

Thanks,

JaibeerSingh wrote:
Hi All,

I contacted AGSM about an initial review of my profile. The person who replied suggested that work experience is low (the class average is about 7 years) for their class which does not make me a strong candidate for the program.
I have about 3 years and 2 months work experience at this stage (all of it in Education Sector). My GMAT Score is 700.

2. Would there be any slightest chance of Scholarship (given my not-so-good GMAT and average number of WE years)?

3. Should I wait for one more year and apply for 2019 January intake (not my preference though)?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you for your response ajay2121988. Your recommendation is well noted.
If there is someone else with a different opinion, please feel free to share, it will mean a lot.

AJAY - Would this also mean a similar stance from MBS as MBS also has a pretty similar classroom as far as avg. WE of the class is concerned?

ajay2121988 wrote:
Dear Jaibeer,

However, if the consultant has mentioned low work ex, then it makes sense to gather more WE, keep on adding quality and apply then for increasing the admission probability.
In my personal opinion, I would say you can take a shot at the 3rd deadline - you can show your WE quality in the interview, if shortlisted.

Thanks,

JaibeerSingh wrote:
Hi All,

Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes I think that their stance will be the same, but still you can address your query to study@mbs.edu

MBS has a higher average GMAT compared to AGSM, but your score looks fine w.r.t. MBS too.

JaibeerSingh wrote:
Thank you for your response ajay2121988. Your recommendation is well noted.
If there is someone else with a different opinion, please feel free to share, it will mean a lot.

AJAY - Would this also mean a similar stance from MBS as MBS also has a pretty similar classroom as far as avg. WE of the class is concerned?

ajay2121988 wrote:
Dear Jaibeer,

Thanks,

JaibeerSingh wrote:
Hi All,

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Hey! I applied in R2 on 11th July. My application status shows on hold, but I received a mail that my application is complete.
I have not got any update since. Anyone who has got the interview invite?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
uditmak wrote:
Hey! I applied in R2 on 11th July. My application status shows on hold, but I received a mail that my application is complete.

Hi,

I am an R2 candidate and my interview was on 14th Aug.Could you speak/mail to any of the relationship managers regarding the 'hold' status?I would suggest you to contact them.

Thanks,
Aswathi
Intern
Intern
Send PM
uditmak wrote:

The application status will remain on hold until the final decision is made. I also had the same query and I had checked with Marina.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Hi..has any of the Round 2 candidates here received an admit offer ?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts