Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:28 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [3]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V27
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10010 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Hi!

Does anyone know if ASU's early decision round is binding? I can't find this information anywhere....It is my safety and I am ready to apply for the earliest deadline(whenever they release that information)...but don't really want to do that if it is binding....
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling W.P.Carey(Arizona State) Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
FuturePM91 wrote:
Hi!

Does anyone know if ASU's early decision round is binding? I can't find this information anywhere....It is my safety and I am ready to apply for the earliest deadline(whenever they release that information)...but don't really want to do that if it is binding....

Since it is not explicitly mentioned anywhere in the website, it is always best to trust something that you hear straight from the horses' mouth.This is the link to the Admitted Students of Class of 2019, many of whom were admitted in the early round.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Full Time MBA Deadlines are out
Attachments

wp carey deadlines.PNG
wp carey deadlines.PNG [ 16.42 KiB | Viewed 14297 times ]

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
The essay questions are out :lol:

ESSAY QUESTION #1
Today's business climate is volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous (VUCA). Knowing this, describe your career goals and how you will use your MBA to thrive and add value in this VUCA world. (250 words or less)

ESSAY QUESTION #2
ASU is top ranked for innovation, as evidenced with our Forward Focus curriculum. W. P. Carey is a place of collaboration and not competition, one of transformation and not the status quo, a place that is becoming, not one that has been. Why will you thrive in this environment? (250 words or less)

ESSAY QUESTION #3
Your biography is being made into a movie. What are the top five most meaningful scenes, and what song must be in the soundtrack? Why? (250 words or less)

ESSAY QUESTION #4 (OPTIONAL)
Please provide any additional information you would like to bring to the attention of the admissions committee. (250 words or less)

A note to all the re-applicants: Please note that there is no re-applicant essay. So, please make sure that you answer the new questions for the Fall 2018 term and do not submit answers to the previous questions. Please do not send the transcripts again. They can use our previous transcripts.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 130 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Hey Vivek

Can you please correct that #3 essay is mandatory not optional?

Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
EduSimplified wrote:
Hey Vivek

Can you please correct that #3 essay is mandatory not optional?

Thanks

Hey Deep,

Thanks for pointing out the change.
Director
Director
Send PM
I just submitted my application. Just FYI for anyone else...your recommenders will not get an email with the rec form link until after you submit your entire application. Also I completely the optional essay question about your biography...I figured not completing it (even though its optional) would make it look like I wasn't committed to spending the time to create a good application...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:
I just submitted my application. Just FYI for anyone else...your recommender will not get an email with the rec form link until after you submit your entire application. Also I completely the optional essay question about your biography...I figured not completing it (even though its optional) would make it look like I wasn't committed to spending the time to create a good application...

That was quick!!! The essay question about your biography is no more optional. Did you do anything specific in order to address the low GPA?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
GMAT 1: 650 Q45 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q43 V37
GPA: 2.9
Send PM
FuturePM91 wrote:
I just submitted my application. Just FYI for anyone else...your recommenders will not get an email with the rec form link until after you submit your entire application. Also I completely the optional essay question about your biography...I figured not completing it (even though its optional) would make it look like I wasn't committed to spending the time to create a good application...

I also completed the optional essay to discuss my low GPA; I think the last essay is mostly there if you want to explain a weakness in your overall application.

Have most of you submitted your application already or are you applying in R2 ?

Good luck to everyone ! :-)
Director
Director
Send PM
CanadianNic wrote:
FuturePM91 wrote:

I also completed the optional essay to discuss my low GPA; I think the last essay is mostly there if you want to explain a weakness in your overall application.

Have most of you submitted your application already or are you applying in R2 ?

Good luck to everyone ! :-)

So there are actually two optional essays. There is the question that asks if your life was being made into a movie what would be the top 5 scenes, what would be the soundtrack, and why?

And the other is the standard what else do we need to know one.

In my above comment I was talking about the first one. I was saying that it sounded like more of a standard essay question so I felt not answering it would be a negative on the application.

The standard optional essay is always truly optional but like you I also used it to explain my gpa.

Good luck to you too!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Project Management (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Do recommenders need to fill the reco before the app deadline?
Director
Director
Send PM
MonojitBhattacharjee wrote:
Do recommenders need to fill the reco before the app deadline?

I am not sure but I am going with yes just to be safe.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
I also applied for W.P.Carey early round. Can you please share your profile?
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51446 [1]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Where do you fill in your GMAT/GRE scores? I can't seem to find any section for that!!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.81
Send PM
souvik101990 wrote:
Where do you fill in your GMAT/GRE scores? I can't seem to find any section for that!!!

yes there is no place to fill in. we just need to send official score reports and they ll be updated in our application.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51446 [0]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Yes. I called and confirmed. Thanks for responding though.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Hi Guys!
I am about to submit my application. One of my recommender's work-mail bounces most of the mail from outside the organisation. Can I give his gmail id? Or would it be better if he posts his report on company letterhead? As I am from India, the problem with snail mail is that the mail will reach few days after the October 3 deadline.

Any suggestions?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts