Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 15:13 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 15:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [1]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V26
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Babson College MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Gunjan Saboo wrote:
Hello everyone!

I am
- 23 years old Indian male
- Qualified Chartered Accountant from the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India
- have 3 years of full time internship experience in financial and reporting (assurance services)
- have 8 months of professional experience in financial services (valuation of fixed income securities)
- Scored 590 (Q46,V26) on GMAT
- Good Undergraduate GPA (3+) in Bachelor of Commerce

I intend to apply in round 1.

And how should I work on my profile to increase my chances to get into Babson?

You might want to get in touch with the Admission Committee and confirm your eligibility. I am not sure whether internship experiences are accepted. Furthermore, not all Bschools accept candidates with a 3 year undergrad degree.

Profile Improvment:

You can boost your GMAT score to a 650 atleast. Try working more on your career progress to show some evidence of increased responsibility. Volunteer for a community service organization and look for some significant opportunities to lead or make an impact there.
Last but not the least, do not be in a rush to do an MBA. Kindly fix your career goals and find out which Bschool is a good fit for you.

PS: PM me if you need any more inputs.I shall create a separate thread for profile evaluations where we can post all our profile related queries.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Babson College MBA Applicants: (2018 Intake) Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Thanks all for Informative comments :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V29
GPA: 3
Send PM
Can anyone please post the Essay Questions for 2018 Intake?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Bookmarks
When reviewing applications for new members of our community, Babson College looks for students who embody a variety of characteristics. From the list below, choose one that resonates, most with you and describe a past experience where you embodied this characteristic. (400 words or less)

– Global Perspective
– Comfort with Ambiguity
– Social Impact
– Creative Action/Problem Solving
– Collaborative Spirit

For the essay, remember that we want to get to know you better. Tell us about an experience that you are proud of, go into detail, but be concise as it should only be 400 words.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:General Management (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Hey,

Anyone got an interview invite?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 580 Q36 V35
GRE 1: Q160 V155
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
i got an interview invite last week for the one year MBA program
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GRE 1: Q164 V154
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
I got an invite for 2 yr full time MBA
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 109
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:General Management (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Glad to hear. Anyone done with the same as of now? If you can share your experiences.

Posted from my mobile device
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6254 [0]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Top Contributor
Did anyone receive the fee waiver email from the Babson? Or is it just promotional?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V34
GPA: 2.37
WE:Sales (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Gnpth wrote:
Did anyone receive the fee waiver email from the Babson? Or is it just promotional?

I received the same.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GPA: 3.04
WE:Business Development (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Gnpth wrote:

The fee waiver is legit and I already got an interview on the basis of the video submitted!
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 6254 [0]
Given Kudos: 330
WE:General Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Top Contributor
amangogri wrote:
Gnpth wrote:

The fee waiver is legit and I already got an interview on the basis of the video submitted!

Thanks for the info.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 610 Q47 V27
GPA: 3.24
Send PM
I also got fee waiver.
Planning to finish my MBA application during the next 2 weeks.
This is my second choice school.
Good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [5]
Send PM
Kudos