Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:15 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:15

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5205 [1]
Given Kudos: 47
GPA: 3.12
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Given Kudos: 1220
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 620 Q47 V29
GMAT 2: 670 Q50 V31
GPA: 4
WE:Business Development (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
somtsat99 wrote:
KPMBA
All the best for interview. Hope you succeed.
How were you informed about the interview ? I mean by telecom or email or any other way. Also how will your interview going to be conducted? By skype or in person ?
What is your GRE score ? If you want to share of course.

Thanks. They sent me an email re the interview, which will be next week. I'm also meeting with a Rotman representative next month in Dubai, where I am currently based.

Can't remember exact GRE, but the overall score 'exceeds Rotman's competitive requirements'. I only took the GRE a few days ago and still haven't got an official score.

Considering whether to apply to HBS and Yale SOM now, but the more I research Rotman, the more it becomes my preferred choice. Also plan on staying in Canada afterwards to make the most of my citizenship, which so far I've only used to enter the USA without having to get an ESTA!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [2]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Rotman (Toronto) MBA Applicants:(2018 Intake)Class of 2020 [#permalink]
Kudos
KPMBA

Thanks for the updates. Do share your interview experience with us. Additionally you can refer sheiquiroga and her blog posts for better interview preparation. You can find the link in this forum, a few pages back.
I think the Rotman team is on QS World MBA tour to China and Dubai for next two weeks. I am not sure though.
All the best.
Senior PS Moderator
Send PM
Kudos
KPMBA wrote:

Fall 2018 entry. Fairly sure the 2017 entry deadlines have passed?

Also for everyone stressing about GMAT result, don't. My GRE score isn't great (only had a a month to prep for it and 9 of those days I was on holiday). From my understanding - I've spoken with admissions and current students - Rotman takes a far more holistic approach to candidates' profiles and focus on a range of areas. I don't know for certain, but I imagine my international experience and undergrad & postgrad institutions were prob what made my application stand out, rather than my GRE score, which, let's face it, cannot be considered that accurate a measure of how much one will achieve.

You have a very unique profile KPMBA,
so the GRE scores are just another requirement in your case!

But the reason we are all fretting about the GMAT/GRE scores is the average for Indians
is generally 20-30 points higher as compared to the school average(which was 655 last year)
and this is one thing that might help score some brownie points, considering most of us have
a very similar profile :)

By the way, if you don't mind my asking : How do hold 3 passports,
especially the Canadian passport - is it a perk of your job with the British govt?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pushpitkc wrote:
KPMBA wrote:

Also for everyone stressing about GMAT result, don't. My GRE score isn't great (only had a a month to prep for it and 9 of those days I was on holiday). From my understanding - I've spoken with admissions and current students - Rotman takes a far more holistic approach to candidates' profiles and focus on a range of areas. I don't know for certain, but I imagine my international experience and undergrad & postgrad institutions were prob what made my application stand out, rather than my GRE score, which, let's face it, cannot be considered that accurate a measure of how much one will achieve.

But the reason we are all fretting about the GMAT/GRE scores is the average for Indians
is generally 20-30 points higher as compared to the school average(which was 655 last year)
and this is one thing that might help score some brownie points, considering most of us have

especially the Canadian passport - is it a perk of your job with the British govt?

I understand, that makes sense. I am still concerned my experience might hold me back as my quant background is quite weak.

Regarding my passports:
British from birth
Irish & Canadian from family ties

Originally posted by KPMBA on 27 Aug 2017, 00:27.
Last edited by KPMBA on 27 Aug 2017, 01:17, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hello, does anyone know what was the median/ average GMAT score for Rotman for batch of 2019?
Senior PS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 5205 [0]
Send PM
Hey DivN,

The average GMAT score was 665 for the batch of 2019!
Which round do you plan to apply in and what is your GMAT score?
If you don't mind my asking, whats your profile like?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
pushpitkc wrote:
Hey DivN,

Hey Pushpitkc,

I am expecting the average GMAT to rise by atleast 10-15 points due to the restrictions in US and the Select Section Order of GMAT.
As per the website,the average GMAT for Class of 2018 was 665. Do you mean to say that there was no surge in the average GMAT despite the huge rise in demand of Canadian Bschools this year?

Regards,
Vivek
Senior PS Moderator
Send PM
vivek6199 wrote:
pushpitkc wrote:
Hey DivN,

Hey Pushpitkc,

I am expecting the average GMAT to rise by atleast 10-15 points due to the restrictions in US and the Select Section Order of GMAT.
As per the website,the average GMAT for Class of 2018 was 665. Do you mean to say that there was no surge in the average GMAT despite the huge rise in demand of Canadian Bschools this year?

Regards,
Vivek

Hi DivN,

I apologize for the confusion.
On checking the website, I realize that the 665 GMAT average was for the class of 2018!
Will try and find the average for the class of 2019 at the earliest and post it here.
It is not available on the rotman website as of now.

Sorry once again for the confusion and thanks for pointing that vivek6199 :)

Btw, how are your apps coming along? Have you completed the GMAT?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 507 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: Nonprofit, Social Entrepreneurship
WE:Education (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
pushpitkc wrote:
vivek6199 wrote:
pushpitkc wrote:
Hey DivN,

Hey Pushpitkc,

Regards,
Vivek

Hi DivN,

I apologize for the confusion.
On checking the website, I realize that the 665 GMAT average was for the class of 2018!
Will try and find the average for the class of 2019 at the earliest and post it here.
It is not available on the rotman website as of now.

Sorry once again for the confusion and thanks for pointing that vivek6199 :)

Btw, how are your apps coming along? Have you completed the GMAT?

Welcome buddy!! I am not sure if the questions is meant for me.
I have scheduled my GMAT in Sept 3rd week and I am still crafting my goals and shortlisting my schools. I think I can apply to Rotman only in Round 2.
What about you?? When is your test?
Senior PS Moderator
Send PM
vivek6199 wrote:

Welcome buddy!! I am not sure if the questions is meant for me.
I have scheduled my GMAT in Sept 3rd week and I am still crafting my goals and shortlisting my schools. I think I can apply to Rotman only in Round 2.
What about you?? When is your test?

Yeah those questions were meant for you :)
I don't want to push Rotman to R2,
but considering that I am also planning my GMAT around mid September(Yet to take a date, btw)
am not sure if I would be able to complete the rest of the application by the Round 1 deadline which is October 16th

Also, don't know what the GMAT score will be and will it be good enough :D
Lots of if's and but's.. But if everything goes as per plan should apply by the R1 deadline, else will apply in R2 along with you!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 92 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GPA: 3.46
Send PM
Kudos
DivN wrote:
Hello, does anyone know what was the median/ average GMAT score for Rotman for batch of 2019?

Average gmat for 2019 is 663. Be sure to still target 700+!
Senior PS Moderator
Send PM
sheiquiroga wrote:
DivN wrote:

Average gmat for 2019 is 663. Be sure to still target 700+!

Thanks a ton for the advisory and the information sheiquiroga
Senior PS Moderator
Send PM
Kudos
Was browsing through the MBA event calendar in the Rotman Website - came across this!
Sharing for benefit of everybody!

Tuesday September 05, 2017
Online Info. Session and Q&A: India Applicants
Information Session
Time : 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM

Join us for this online information and Q&A session to get the insiders' scoop on the Rotman MBA!
This session is geared specifically towards prospective students from India and surrounding countries.

For similar details of such session in your countries check this link :
https://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/M ... Events?s=0
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
KPMBA wrote:
pushpitkc wrote:
KPMBA wrote:

I understand, that makes sense. I am still concerned my experience might hold me back as my quant background is quite weak.

Regarding my passports:
British from birth
Irish & Canadian from family ties

KPMBA, PM-ed you
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
KPMBA

Done with your interview ?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
somtsat99 wrote:
KPMBA

Yep, interview's done.

Questions were interesting, with some fairly tricky ones, e.g. teach me something in two minutes, example of when you've wanted something and have worked towards achieving it.

Annoyingly my Skype connection wasn't great, and there was about a 5second delay.
Senior PS Moderator
Send PM
KPMBA wrote:
somtsat99 wrote:
KPMBA

Yep, interview's done.

Questions were interesting, with some fairly tricky ones, e.g. teach me something in two minutes, example of when you've wanted something and have worked towards achieving it.

Annoyingly my Skype connection wasn't great, and there was about a 5second delay.

Congrats on completing the interview. Any idea, by when will you notified of your admission decision?
Also, how long did the interview last and could you please give us a gist of the interview?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  50   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6919 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts