Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 13:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 13:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [17]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.32
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 344
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51447 [3]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard (HBS) Applicants Class of 2020 (2018 intake) [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
boskyie wrote:
It's interesting to realize that right now, some applications are being moved up while others are being rejected.

Why you got to do that man?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 344
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.74
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard (HBS) Applicants Class of 2020 (2018 intake) [#permalink]
souvik101990 wrote:
boskyie wrote:
It's interesting to realize that right now, some applications are being moved up while others are being rejected.

Why you got to do that man?

:-) I am sorry, I didn't mean to sound like a downer.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51447 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Haha you sound absolutely fine. It's the acceptance rate that's a downer!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Hey guys, was looking for some insight on my 2+2 application Harvard BS.

GMAT: 710, IR 8/8, AWA 6/6

Education: Originally from a developing country, Undergraduate: self-funded through scholarships in the USA at very average university, GPA of 3.5, full scholarship for a MSc Business Programme in the UK at another average university; graduated with distinction. I did get accepted into Duke Fuqua for my MSc in Business but I self-funded my entire studies so I could only go where I got a full scholarship as I had no assistance from family or any financial aids options

W.E: Started working when I was 17 at one of the worlds leading airlines as their youngest ever employee. Ad agency internship from undergrad. Another internship in undergrad where I broke all previous records set by any intern and directly advised C-Level execs with great recommendations from directors of a multi-million dollar industry leading firm. Did some strategy consulting work in Italy as part of work experience in my masters.

Extra currics: LOADS of these. Studied in 5 different countries within last 6 years with tons of leadership positions at uni and outside and worked with charity organisations.

I think most of you would agree that it would be pretty difficult mainly because the universities I went to are very average, however I did excel in many ways at all of them and had tons of leadership positions (uni athletics/head of all students etc.) and did get accepted into much better schools (top 10 US and UK) just could never afford it.

Edit: Also started my own start-up, currently speaking with VC's and have VC meetings set up with big names from London tech side.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Kudos
Hello, is anyone else having an issue with the application portal? It says " deadline expired " next to my application and i cant access the form nor can i start a new one!

I've written to the tech support team but no reply as yet!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [2]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Kudos
I was uploading my resume to the Yale app when I realized that I'd made a formatting error when I submitted it to HBS - text spilling over to another line unnecessarily. The struggle!

Moral: do not voluntarily re-read essays or statements or anything you don't have to... there is literally no upside.
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51447 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Haha I remember last year (horrible year for me in terms of applications) I had made a serious error in my resume. Instead of Math curriculum, I wrote Marths curriculum. Pretty harmless now that I think about it, but I'd like to think that is the only reason I got dinged :/
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Is everyone's status still "submitted"? Does it ever change to something like "under review"?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.94
Send PM
eyd90 wrote:
Is everyone's status still "submitted"? Does it ever change to something like "under review"?

Still "submitted" for me.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [0]
Send PM
XIRR wrote:
eyd90 wrote:

Still "submitted" for me.

Same..and tbh if I knew that it would change from submitted to under review I would be checking it way to much. lol.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 124 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
hash22 wrote:
Hey guys, was looking for some insight on my 2+2 application Harvard BS.

GMAT: 710, IR 8/8, AWA 6/6

Education: Originally from a developing country, Undergraduate: self-funded through scholarships in the USA at very average university, GPA of 3.5, full scholarship for a MSc Business Programme in the UK at another average university; graduated with distinction. I did get accepted into Duke Fuqua for my MSc in Business but I self-funded my entire studies so I could only go where I got a full scholarship as I had no assistance from family or any financial aids options

W.E: Started working when I was 17 at one of the worlds leading airlines as their youngest ever employee. Ad agency internship from undergrad. Another internship in undergrad where I broke all previous records set by any intern and directly advised C-Level execs with great recommendations from directors of a multi-million dollar industry leading firm. Did some strategy consulting work in Italy as part of work experience in my masters.

Extra currics: LOADS of these. Studied in 5 different countries within last 6 years with tons of leadership positions at uni and outside and worked with charity organisations.

I think most of you would agree that it would be pretty difficult mainly because the universities I went to are very average, however I did excel in many ways at all of them and had tons of leadership positions (uni athletics/head of all students etc.) and did get accepted into much better schools (top 10 US and UK) just could never afford it.

Edit: Also started my own start-up, currently speaking with VC's and have VC meetings set up with big names from London tech side.

Thank you!

It sounds like you have a lot of building blocks from which one could craft a really compelling personal narrative, but right now I'm not really seeing any. All of the 2+2 candidates that I have helped get into HBS have told a strong and authentic story about what inspired them, where they are going, why it matters and why HBS will help them get there. Definitely take the time starting now to brainstorm. Happy to help!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44
Send PM
Anyone know when interview invites start rolling out?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
MBA20Twenty wrote:
Anyone know when interview invites start rolling out?

They haven't said yet. Last year it was posted on the Direct from the Director blog at the end of September and they released invites the following week. So if they are using a similar timeline this year I would suspect that the invites will go out the first week of october
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [3]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.26
Send PM
Kudos
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 201 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
OMGGGGG. 12 days and counting! Thanks for posting!

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
The waiting game. ?

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 124 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
For those of you waiting anxiously for the release of Round 1 interview invitations, I wanted to share a really interesting talk that I think will help those lucky invited few make it through the interview.

Part of the interview is, of course, acting the part of a Harvard MBA and future CEO. Many focus on the "part" but it can be just as useful to focus on the "act." Interestingly, the tips that this Stanford GSB professor gives for CEO's trying to "fake it until they make it" can also be used to wow the MBA interviewer. Since HBS uses Admissions Committee-led interviews (which are way more rigorous that than the team-led interview at Wharton, student-led interviews at Chicago Booth or the alumni-led interviews at Stanford GSB) you should really consider over-preparing. You'll be talking directly with a gatekeeper who has already reviewed your applications and will be coming after you with tailored questions to poke holes in your application. In these interviews more an others, presence is a major key. There is no better time to start that practice than now.

Our recommendation would be to come off as approachable when you arrive to interview and maintain that demeanor up until the interview. Once you get into the interview room, we recommend an authoritative demeanor. In the lecture below out of Stanford GSB, Richard Cox discusses how to accomplish each.

Highlights:

• 5 S's for Authority: Slowness in speech, Stillness in head, Silent pauses in speech, Symmetry in posture, and Space (taking it up)
  • 5 F's for Approachability: Filling space, Fast movement, Folded body, Fidgeting, Flirting (inviting others to share space with them)
  • Observe yourself and see how you come across. Filming yourself and attending improvisational acting classes can be a huge help.
  • Think about making a pump-up play-list from your favorite super hero movie to get yourself ready to appear on stage the way you want to

Need more help? We have the best HBS-style interview prep on the market -- and at the lowest price!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 125 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
A little less than 2 weeks left.
Hoping to receive good news.
Good luck to everyone!!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  35   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts